It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Threatens to Attack North Korea

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 05:48 AM
link   
This makes me really nervous. I have a buddy over there!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Lets hope so.

But maybe with Japan sticking up for itself, it just muddys the water further.

Remember the Korean/Japanenise conflict has been ongoing for longer that a lot of nations have been around for.

Maybe this might just stoke the fires some more.

[Edited on 15-9-2003 by trinityschild]

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Am I missing something here people?...

...Why is Japan finally sticking up for itself a problem?...

Purely just the knock-on consequences that could be experienced as a result - experienced by all of us! (worst case scenario)

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Am I missing something here people?

North Korea is communist and run by a dictator and it claims it has the bomb and it will use it.

It has threatened the following countries publicly with nuclear destruction in the past 6 months:

South Korea, Japan and the US.

Why is Japan finally sticking up for itself a problem?

I am overjoyed that they are, about time frankly!

Furthermore Japan is probably the top military power in the world right now that nobody thinks is one.

Maybe this will force that little 'imp' named dong' to stand down and shut up!

Maybe Japanese navy is the best of the best, but even it lacks any carriers. (has no stike fighters or interceptors.)

Their ground forces, would yet again get their ass kicked if they tried to challenge Russia.. they have done so couple time and got their asses kicked worse than on 'Iwo Jima' or in 'Okinawa'.

And Japanese airforce, although well equipt and trained doesnt have enough (combat) aircraft. And really lacks anykind of long-range strike aircraft, or anykind of effective stike aircraft at all. (even the F-2 isnt such.)

JADF/AF has 250-400 combat aircraft. that is less than Israel has, and Israel is an nation of 5-7 million, Japan 140-150 million.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM
JADF/AF has 250-400 combat aircraft. that is less than Israel has, and Israel is an nation of 5-7 million, Japan 140-150 million.

Yes but how long would it take the Japanese to switch a few factorys to the production of Strike Aircraft, or any other Weapon ? If they where willing to suspend article 6 of there Constitution

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 06:13 AM
link   
trinityschild,

my point exactly.
Japan has manufacturing capability bar none!
Furthermore they make everything already now, all they got to do is re-tool.
Also, they got the money to buy what they don't have,
furthermore I don't think we actually know what they have,
would they want us to know?

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by trinityschild
Yes but how long would it take the Japanese to switch a few factorys to the production of Strike Aircraft, or any other Weapon ? If they where willing to suspend article 6 of there Constitution

Nail on the head. Considering their current technological and manufacturing capabilities - probably not very long at all! That is of course, if they haven't already re-tooled already!

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Thanks Neo,

Thats could be the point, maybe they are saying what they can all ready do.

Maybe they have technology that the USA or UK does not have.

It kinds of ties in with Under Tokyo

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 07:31 AM
link   
This link will give you an all around idea of Japans Self Defense Force.

library.louisville.edu...

By the way, Japan would not need to re tool to produce aircraft. Mitsubishi Manufactures the F-4 under license, I think they also are producing their own version of the F-15. Dont sell Japan short, if a wave of nationalism hits them, Asia watch out!!

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Again, it wouldnt take too much time to start a producting of many weapons systems, but there is the problem of designs.. effective designs.. this is something that allways takes lots of time..

From where would they get these?

But there is allways possibilyty that they are working on those.. they just dont build them in mass quantities..

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Fulcrum They arready have the designs, the F-2 is basicaly a Japenese F-16, with improved electronics.

This link is abit outdated but it gets into real good detail of how they are producing their own aircraft.

www.f16falcon.com...
Here is a very detailed link of the Japenese Air Force

www.jda.go.jp...

[Edited on 15-9-2003 by Jimcrispi]

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Oh, almost forgot. There are exercises going on in the Coral See at this moment, involving the US, Australia, France and......Japan. They are practicing ship interdiction by boarding. The story is to allow for better interception of Illegal Arms and Smuggling. Seems the timeing on this is very suspicous. The boarding crews have been Japanese Coast Guard Commando's. It is going to get interesting, sounds like the stage is set!!

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jimcrispi
Fulcrum They arready have the designs, the F-2 is basicaly a Japenese F-16, with improved electronics.

This link is abit outdated but it gets into real good detail of how they are producing their own aircraft.

www.f16falcon.com...

I have allready mentioned the F-2 earlier on this topic..

That is not effective Strike aircraft. It is more suited for close support and battlefield interdiction tasks, not a real deep stike aircraft.
It is a fighter or a fighter bomber.

Real strike aircraft are like Tornado, F-111 and SU-24M..

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 08:03 AM
link   

If they try to attack with these, they will be shot out of the sky.. which is what would happen to USAF also.. as NK has extensive defences. (gun, missile, radar, interceptor and jammer..)

Thanks for the morning chuckle...I needed that!

The USAF would be in there, and would have bombed their targets before an NK radar op saw his first blip!

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Gazork Yep! Since there has been so much proliferation of N. Korean radar, missiles and what have you, I am sure that we know the capabilities very well. From what I have read about this stuff I have come to belive its not as effective as N Korea would like to have its clients think. Outside of that, never underestimate the capabilities of the US Airforce or Navy Aviation.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

If they try to attack with these, they will be shot out of the sky.. which is what would happen to USAF also.. as NK has extensive defences. (gun, missile, radar, interceptor and jammer..)

Thanks for the morning chuckle...I needed that!

The USAF would be in there, and would have bombed their targets before an NK radar op saw his first blip!

SA-3

+

=

[Edited on 15-9-2003 by SectorGaza]

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 08:53 AM
link   
What i ment is: attack against NK isnt a 'cost free business', there will be many loses to anybody who attacks them..
in both men and machines.

*edit*

Thanks Gaza.. that was very educational..

Ill just hope that our American friends also see the things as they are.

[Edited on 15-9-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 08:59 AM
link   
You folks need to learn to read associating topics:
"North Korea Admits Intent to Test Nukes" By Dragonrider

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Posted this last night with a huge amount of information related to this.

Seems that this thread has turned into who thinks the US will get their azz kicked.....!! Sector-Gaza and Fulcrum......*shakes his head* You shot down ONE or TWO F-117's and you think they can take on the world....pathetic little minds....and DONT get me invovled with this pathetic conversation that N. Korea will whoop the US azz.....stupid and retarded...makes no sense that people insist on beating on their chests!
N. Korea has many, many problems....research that while your looking for pictures of a shot down F-117!!

regards
seekerof

I'll be out of class in short order though...couple hours, and we can go from there if you wish.

[Edited on 15-9-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 09:04 AM
link   
usa will win but it will get a big can of whoop-ass on it.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Nice pictures, Uhhh, where is the rest of the Aircraft? Or is that the piece from the ONE stealth that came down, and the Serbs were carrying that piece all over the place making a claim they shot down 12 of them?

Check you statistics please, what is the loss to sortie/mission ratio?

I will not deny that we will lose aircraft, that will happen but to think the US Airforce would be blasted from the sky?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join