It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Bird Flu Hits European Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
European Russia has announced that presence of the bird flu virus, known as H5N1 has been found in dead birds. The birds were found in a village in the Tula region. The ministry's spokeswoman has also said that it is only preliminary data. Local media has reported that hundreds of birds have suddenly died in Moscow, and if fears of bird flu outbreak are confirmed this will be the first time the strain has been found in European Russia.

www.novinite.com
Should fears of a deadly bird flu outbreak are confirmed, this would be the first time the lethal strain has appeared in European Russia, west of the Ural Mountains.

The virus has so far been detected in Siberia, eastern Russia, and the Urals.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Not much to say other than as more and more places are becomming 'infected' this is really starting to get big.

Related News Links:
www.novinite.com
www.abc.net.au

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Bird Flu Confirmed in Greece
Potential Bird Flu in Croatia
Bird flu 'passed between humans'.
How to deal with contaminated food and water?

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
what a weird situation if the whole globe got infected with avain flu, not the mutated version.

We would be waitin for a pandemic to start, where would it start?

At what point would it be best to qaurintine yourself?

I feel it would be a tense time at the stage where it has not mutated yet but avain flu had spread worldwide.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
UPDATE: www.bakutoday.net...

"We have confirmation from the laboratory that it is the H5N1 form" of bird flu, Nikolai Vlasov, deputy head of the ministry's veterinary control department, told AFP.

Not good.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Has H5N1 shown an increased ability to pass to H2H yet?

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Also i read the confirmation article, and it never occured to me, that when/if avian bird flu gets to Uk and other places that have piegions everywhere, well one they would die yes, but arent they in a kinda close contact with the population, most people dont realise that i think.

95 % of people dont come into contact with birds, but piegions are every where, wouldnt they help the virus immesly by infecting itself every where?

[edit on 19-10-2005 by Denied]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Yeah pigeons put England in a scary position. They're everywhere you go and I can't see how we could keep them under control...

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Edit: Double Post

[edit on 19-10-2005 by phixion]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
this is not good news...

i think i better go and get that jab done soon :\ it will probably hit the UK in a couple of months.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I'd say sooner. New countries are appearing on the news every week reporting cases of the virus.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
By analysing the speed its crossing Asia into Europe does anyone have an estimate of when it will hit UK and Ireland? Luckily we Irish are in possesion of the only stargate on the planet so we'll simply move to our alpha site. Good luck to the rest of you though

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
Luckily we Irish are in possesion of the only stargate on the planet so we'll simply move to our alpha site. Good luck to the rest of you though

Sweetie.. that is a rainbow not a stargate.

Afterthought.. does anyone how far infected birds can they migrate before dropping dead?

[edit on 19-10-2005 by riley]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
Luckily we Irish are in possesion of the only stargate on the planet so we'll simply move to our alpha site. Good luck to the rest of you though

The day you post something that is in intelligent, i will come to Dublin and shake your hand lol

..till then, i shall just randomly post things

[edit on 19-10-2005 by infinite]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Well at least we have our secret mind-control tower!!!

Mu ha ha ha! Be afraid world! Be considerably afraid!

new topics

top topics

join