It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Would Jesus Bomb?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Is it just me, or does anyone else see the hypocrisy of religious people bombing other religious people? Bush is convinced that his god is behind us, just as Muslims are convinced Allah is behind them.
Seems to me, we wouldn't have half as much hatred in this world if there was no religion, or belief in gods.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I agree, religion is probably the most evil instagiting thing in the world. Not only is it used to control masses of people and pit them against eachother into a "my god is better then your god" free-for-all.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Someone on this board had a signiture that said all: relgion, a system devised to keep people from eating thier young.

Who Would jesus Bomb. LMAO!

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
It is not GOD who brings out hatred...........
Individuals themselves bring hatred and terrorism into the world.......

Jesus Christ never taught HATE or go kill your ENEMIES...He said LOVE and do good to those that hate you......

Wanting Power and regarding oneself above others is what is wrong with people today....

I mean, if all of mankind just regarded themselves unworthy and saw in themselves their own faults, there would be none of what is happening in the world right now .....
People will always find faults in others, but never seem to find the fault in themselves....

Who would Jesus Bomb?
Now what exactly does that mean?
Why would Jesus Christ have to do such a thing........People are doing it themselves and use the word '''God''' made me do it, or I did it for My God......when in actual truth, it is their choice that made them do it......

I say, the Devil is sitting back and LAUGHING at the stupidity of the human race.....
I guess many are slaves of the Devil and not know it!
helen.....

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 09:53 PM
link   
"Seems to me, we wouldn't have half as much hatred in this world if there was no religion, or belief in gods."
Quoted by Satyr.

Satyr, I do fully understand what your are implying, but I do think that you are wrongly blaming one and not mentioning another. Religion is not the problem Satyr. It's the majority of the people who are in religion that are truly to blame. "A" religion is a system of belief. It matters not if it is one that believes in Allah, God, Buddha, or countless others. Its those, the people, Man, that are in religion that are the ones you need to be addressing as at fault...not religion. Believing in "a" God or in gods is a natural belief. It pre-dates written history. There is no getting rid of religion.
If you want what you describe to stop or change, it will require a complete change in how mankind thinks. Wishes are for fairytales, and no amount of 'wishing' will remove religion from man. Its simply a fact and natural course for man. Man, within, religion will have to change, not religion, not God, not Allah, not Buddha, not any god needs to change....mankind needs to be blamed and thus needs to change. Thought is a powerful motivator that can lead to powerful creations....for good or for bad.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 15-9-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Quote from seekerof
Satyr, I do fully understand what your are implying, but I do think that you are wrongly blaming one and not mentioning another. Religion is not the problem Satyr. It's the majority of the people who are in religion that are truly to blame.

One of the problems is we deal with people's perceptions of the world. Today we have people who want simple answers to complex problems and the current "sound byte" simple answer is "all the worlds problems are caused by religion". This sounds very nice to those who have not really study history. They believe eliminate religion, eliminate conflict. Unfortunately it is not that simple. Usually this idea (eliminate religion) is forwarded by people who do not have a single clue as to what various belief systems really ascribe. They see religion as only a means of controlling people and will not even consider that these beliefs might be right. Also these people cannot explain situations where religion cannot be consider a factor.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 10:47 PM
link   
"Let he who is without sin, cast the first bomb, for thee hast open'ith an can'ith of WOOP@$$!"

Um...no.

He would never do such as thing, and would probably cry for the rest of our lives as he pleaded with God for our forgiveness. For he "truely" knows not what WE are doing.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   
As Seekerof said, the problem lies not with religion.

A godless society would breed as much war, hate, and terror as one that launches attacks in the name of a higher power. The problem is Man, not God or religion.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I agree. It's not religious men entirely, but it sure as hell is men who subscribe to that same type if logic. Ignorant people! Hypocrites, is what most people (who see them for what they are) call them. Even now, this war is hypocritical. The only difference here is, we (the US) claim our war is for freedom, not religion. I disagree on that one. Here we have a christian president who strongly believes god is on the side of his version of freedom. (which really isn't freedom at all) How many "God Bless America" sings did you see? I saw thousands. Was that only in the south?

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
"Seems to me, we wouldn't have half as much hatred in this world if there was no religion, or belief in gods."
Quoted by Satyr.

Satyr, I do fully understand what your are implying, but I do think that you are wrongly blaming one and not mentioning another.

I think you missed what I said. First, I have to point out that I did say "we wouldn't have half as much hatred". Secondly, IMO, man is the creator of both religion and god. So, how am I wrongly blaming anyone?

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Ask not who would Jesus Bomb, but who would bomb Jesus.

Us (The Western Christian World), the Jews, Islam....

But somebody would, maybe the NWO and the arms industry if he started with that peace stuff he is famous for.

"The Goverment of the USA believes that this Jesus Christ or the Son of God as he calls himself, is a clear and present Danger to our Great Nation (s arms Indusrty) and must be dealt with"...Bush the Younger

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 09:04 AM
link   
How is being a christian a problem when they killed Christ? All Christ did was ask questions and make comments, who did he hurt? The truth hurts and people will kill to silence it.

Regarding the war in Iraq, I don't remember the white house saying it was a holy war? But any activity in the middle east is 'holy' according to them.

I think what Bush meant is that the US was founded on Christian values and if the struggle has any merit at all then favour our quest accordingly. If not so be it. Anyone that has faith regardless their religious persuasion would do the same thing and hope for favour, but an atheist cannot possibly relate to this due to their lack of faith.

The problem here is the one sidedness of this argument in that the 'other side' is not criticized. The struggles going on in the middle east are mostly cultural and should not be considered religious but the elites there find it to their advantage to do so.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 10:48 AM
link   
WWJB (Who would Jesus bomb?) instead of WWJD (What would Jesus do?)....

Wars are always fought for economic reasons. They may disguise it as something else, but it's always rooted in money. Religion, as a tool of controlling money and power, is thus almost always connected, but not the base reason....

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Whilst I'm by no means religious, I'd agree (at least I think I'm agreeing!) with some of the above.

It appears to be interpretation of religion that's the problem, not the religion itself.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 11:21 AM
link   
"Who Would Jesus Bomb?"

Answer THE BOHEMIAN GROVE!!

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr

Originally posted by Seekerof
Quoted by Satyr.

Satyr, I do fully understand what your are implying, but I do think that you are wrongly blaming one and not mentioning another.

I think you missed what I said. First, I have to point out that I did say "we wouldn't have half as much hatred". Secondly, IMO, man is the creator of both religion and god. So, how am I wrongly blaming anyone?

The point that I was making Satyr, without coimg out and saying it, was that you are correct then you contradict yourself by saying this:

There is no getting away from religion. Again, its been with us, in one form or another, since pre-written history. Yeah, man created it, but man couldn't help but doing so as many started believing in the same things.
So, if religion is a "system of beliefs", created by man, it is a system that will not ever cease......thus what needs to change? Not religion....but Man....and thought.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 15-9-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 12:13 PM
link   
and the terrible things that have come out of religion that puts our great spirits upside down these days.

Religion-which is right and which is wrong-is the problem.

When we little spirits understand that there is only one father and he everyones God all this nonsense will stop.

It is preached on every side of the fence. If you don't follow us you will not be saved. What a bunch of junk on all sides.

The one and only true sin is not recognizing the father's holy spirit resides in each and every one of us.

Yes, no matter who does or does not want to admit this is a holy war. Again, Christianity has gone into the heart of the Muslim world to wage war.

I read where UU is getting religious crap out of Jack Van Impe. How ridiculous. He can't possibly be using this to figure out what to do CAN HE? If so all is lost.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Religon itself is not evil, it is merely used and twisted for evil purposes

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 09:20 PM
link   
IMO, religion may not necessarily be "evil", bit it's surely naive. Just as gov't isn't necessarily corrupt, but politicians are.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I do believe that there are a lot of problems with major religions, do I believe that there shouldnt be religion ,no, "God" was never vengefull or hatefull it was man's idea that certain groups were "select". I mean seriously if we just dropped the major religions and understood that all life was created by the same being then we would maybe stop fighting over religion and embrace each other in a more advanced society. Part of the problem is we need more freedom in this world, people dont understand how opressed they really are, especially in america we are literally controlled by money. And start getting some smart politicians who sincerely want to work together and try and create a real UN (not one world dictatorship either) that unites all people of all races. And we need to find out the truth about ET's at the same time, because if the world would wake up and realize they werent alone in the universe then Im sure there would be a lot of changes made just on that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join