It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Bush Demands Release Of Bulgarian Nurses Guilty Of Injecting Children With AIDS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
George Bush has demanded the Lybian government release five Bulgarian nurses who were sentenced to death by firing squad in Lybia after being found guilty of deliberately injecting children with the AIDS virus. George Bush spoke of the case when he met with Bulgarian president Georgi Paranov at the White House. The nurses were accused along with a Palestinian doctor, of injecting AIDS contaminated blood into 380 children of which 47 children later died, at North Lybia's Behhazi hospital.

www.news.com.au
"There should be no confusion in the Libyan government's mind that those nurses ought to be not only spared their life but out of prison," Mr Bush said as he met Bulgarian President Georgi Parvanov at the White House.

"We'll continue to make that message perfectly clear," said Mr Bush.

The Libyan High Court is due to rule next month on whether it can hear an appeal against the death sentences.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If these nurses did infect these children intentionally then i do not agree with George Bush demanding their release. Even if poor medical practises were carried out by these nurses, for example equipment used over and over, then once again no right to intervene but if they are not guilty and the epidemic outbreak at that particular hospital is due to other reasons then hell should be raised.

There has always been rumours and stories of Aid workers and international health officials infecting Africans purposefully with the disease and one has to wonder at the true story here.

[edit on 17-10-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
What the hell has this got to do with George Bush anyway?

CX

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Totaly agree that Bush should'nt interfere if it is the case that it was done intentionaly.

CX.

[edit on 17-10-2005 by CX]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Talk about brown nosing

No doubt this will be quickly forgotten after the Bulgarian president leaves the White House. However, I think those sorts of demands should be left to the involved country: Bulgaria.

If they did in fact intentially infect those people with then they do deserve to be imprisoned.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Just a correction Mayet

"George Bush has met with Lybian president Georgi Paranov at the White House"

Thats actually the Bulgarian President. I thought the name sounded rather Slavic for Libya

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
We should respect the fact that these people have been convicted in their country. I cannot imagine this being unintentional, but I've only read a couple of articles about it.

Zip

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Two questions:

1. Why is Bush defending the medical establishment's "right" to infect children with incurable disease?

2. Why is he flexing his muscles all over Bulgaria, of all places?

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Dont jump to conclusions here Sofi...

while it is interesting that this went as far as it did, there may still be a very normal explanation...

The doctors and nurses for the defense, are saying it is bad working conditions and poor documentation of medical prochedures that led to this tragedy (dirty equipment, poor sterilization).

originally several libyans were included in the suit, but were all exonerated...
then they find that 5 foreign nurses were the cause of all this tragedy...

does this not reak of "they did it, the foreigners" type reaction...
they needed to blame someone
for more info BBC

[edit on 17-10-2005 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
George Bush has demanded the Lybian government release five Bulgarian nurses who were sentenced to death by firing squad in Lybia after being found guilty of deliberately injecting children with the AIDS virus.

Well bush has already set a precedent by cracking down on funding for contraception [condoms] in aids riddled countries so it doesn't surprise me that he sympathises with people wanting to spread aids.. in reality he's already done it indirectly himself.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Spin Spin Spin

The President dosen't really care about the nurses or the aids infected kids; what he does care about is to appear as a caring, compassionate human being capable of human feeling. Its hard work .....

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This is crazy. Obviously the President made that statement with the belief in mind that these nurses were not guilty of intentionally infecting those children with AIDS. I sincerely doubt that they knowingly did such an evil thing. Furthermore, even if there was some neglect on the nurses' part they still don't deserve to be executed by firing squad.

Do we know that these nurses were given a fair trial? Was all of the relevent evidence displayed and were all those with knowledge of the matter allowed to testify? I don't blame the President one bit for bringing this up. Obviously its an important issue to the Bulgarians and their leader (a US ally) and the President was doing them the diplomatic favor of putting an international spotlight on this situation. This was clearly a gesture of friendship and partnership that a President is expected to, and should, give to a visiting foreign leader.

If there was any legitimate evidence pointing to the premeditated actions of knowingly infecting children with HIV by these nurses, then the President of the United States certainly wouldn't be given the green light by his advisors to defend such criminal acts. There must truly be a belief that these nurses are being railroaded.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
so i guess if russia were to say let these criminals out of jail because we dont think they are guilty, then we should let them out. hell no we shouldnt and we are just as guilty doing that.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
If ever the death penalty was justified i think a case like this is it Bush should mind his own business. It makes me extremely wary of whatever his real motives in this are.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This doesn't make sense. Bush and his cronies support throwing people in jail for smoking pot or injecting themselves with drugs. But if you're a Bulgarian nurse who injected children with a deadly disease he wants them to go free??

And again another incident where the American government is trying to control other countries business. And Americans wonder why they are not liked.
Stay out of others business, you do not have the right to interfere.
What if China started demanding the release of drug offenders in the U.S.?
America would be the first to say, mind your own, no?

WTF is wrong with this guy?

[edit on 17/10/2005 by ANOK]

J_3

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Isn't Bush a bit busy to be butting in about this.???

He was too "busy" to make it for Katrina, too "busy" for any rationality or consistency.

Even if this was any of his business. BUSH is the last person I would accept any advice from on about domestic policies.

Get real Bush!

[edit on 17-10-2005 by J_3]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Aren't there things over here Bush needs to be worrying about?!
Seems to have an awful lot of free time.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
If they have been proven guilty by a fair court, I'd willingly put the bullet in them myself because of their crimes.

I hope for Bush's sake, the trial was highly bias otherwise he has just made a rather large problem which might not go away. [Foreighn relations problem.]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
And how many did Georgie boy Bush put to death as governor of Texas?
Reaks of holy baloney here.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
My god people, you are condemning before researching! Who are we to judge..? This is all political!!!! Instead of ranting off your judgement how about doing a little research your self...try typing in : lybia hiv...read some news articles before passing judgement....The president is always a scapegoat.. Notice in majority of the articles(news) that the US is not the only country that Bulgaria is pleading for help from....please just be more informed before reacting.

[edit on 17-10-2005 by starr]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954
And how many did Georgie boy Bush put to death as governor of Texas?
Reaks of holy baloney here.

I support the death penalty in Texas and any othe state after indisputable proof of guilt has been submitted...without a doubt.. I wouldn't want anyone walking around who murdered my child,husband, friend,grandparent,,,or any human on this earth,,just for the hell of it. Think about it.. imagine your little boy or girl being brutally raped and killed , then tell me you think the same.. Before making statements as yours above, put yourself in the shoes of the victims family.. I know it won't bring them back, but that jerk who did that to a family member or friend or any human on earth , wouldn't inhale another life of breath.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join