It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FSB (KGB) Are Coming To UK To Rehearse A Terror Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Russia's secret service, the FSB (successors to the KGB), are coming to UK in January 2006 to participate in "live exercises" on the streets of Britain and rehearse a "terrorist attack".

Guardian: Russians join in UK action on terrorism

October 16, 2005

Russia's secret service, the successors to the KGB, will take part in anti-terrorist exercises on the streets of Britain next year, The Observer can reveal.

The Home Office official in charge of counter-terrorist operations, Jeremy Grey, confirmed that the Russians would be returning in January to participate in the 'live exercises', in which security and emergency services will rehearse the circumstances of a terrorist attack.

This unprecedented visit by Britain's newest allies in the intelligence war co-incided with the bloodiest day for weeks in the North Caucasus region of Russia and followed the visit by President Vladimir Putin to London.

Grey said: 'We look forward to inviting Russian colleagues to our live exercises next January'.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I´m shocked and stunned. Is this supposed to make UK or Russia safer from terror attacks? Why do I have a bad feeling about this? This is the FSB... the "KGB".... to exercise a "live terror attack" in UK.

Related Links:
WikiPedia: FSB (Russia)

[edit on 2005/10/15 by Hellmutt]

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
didnt you get the memo? we're all one big happy family now!

i'd be just a little worried too if they were talking about doing this on the streets of new york.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Wow times are indeed changing. A few decades ago this would have been unthinkable. Those two new letters dont fool me the "KGB" are some shady and clever people

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Terror bombs in Iran today. Now they can maybe join the "War On Terror" and send agents to New York to exercise a "terror-attack"...

Iran: Latest Ahvaz bomb injury figure raised to 86 (Payvand)

10/16/05

the latest figures in today's terrorist bomb blasts in the southern city of Ahvaz indicate 86 people were injured.

Boustani said four people were killed saying that the identity of is not known yet. He also said that several women and children are among the injured and are being treated. Furthermore, two people are in critical condition and one has been under going surgery.

Initially it was reported that explosion of two hand-made bombs in Naderi street of Ahvaz at around 17:00 local time (13:30GMT) on Saturday killed 4 and wounded more than 70 people.

I´m kidding about the "War On Terror" of course (sorry), and this terror attack is a true tragedy. I didn´t know that they had terror-attacks in Iran as well...

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Hmmm. Interesting regarding the Iran bombings. Here is a link to an ATS thread (by ArchAngel) : British Agent Confesses to Twin Bombings in Iran. The source is said to be biased and "propaganda", but like someone also said: "But why would Al Quaeda target Iran"... Maybe Iranian agents did it? I guess they won´t be invited to the terror drill in January together with the KGB ... ehr.. I mean the FSB...

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
If the FSB are such pals and part of this "big happy family", then why didn´t they invite the Brits to this secret services conference in Yalta? They invited the German, Spanish, Italian and French intelligence services but no Brits or Americans ( no Chinese either for that matter... )

ITAR-TASS: Chiefs of CIS secret services confer in Yalta

The chiefs of the CIS countries’ secret services gathered for a conference at the Livadia Palace in Yalta, the Crimea, for the 19th time on Friday. It was the first such event to have been attended by the top officials of German, Spanish, Italian and French intelligence services in the capacity of observers. Alongside such traditional themes, as the struggle against terrorism, organized crime, drugs and human trafficking and illegal migration the participants discussed ways of preventing economic crimes with the use of advanced computer technologies, the chief of Ukraine’s Security Service, Igor Drizhchany told a news conference.

The participants held bilateral talks on wider cooperation in all these spheres. “To our regret the threats of terrorist attacks have not eased. On the contrary, they have grown,” the representative of Russia’s federal security service FSB, Sergei Smirnov told the media, when asked about the possibility of major terrorist attacks in the CIS member-countries.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
If the FSB are such pals and part of this "big happy family", then why didn´t they invite the Brits to this secret services conference in Yalta? They invited the German, Spanish, Italian and French intelligence services but no Brits or Americans ( no Chinese either for that matter... )

Hah, my guess, is that #1. If americans and brits where invited, nobody would turn up, it would become a proper 'spies-are-us-expo'.
#2. Other intelligence agencies are realizing that US, brit, and Mossad are really shady organizations. I am not saying they suck. I only say that they aren't neccesarily THAT reliable/trustworthy anymore. -At the moment.
While the US and GB spend their dole on stash, gadgets and gizmos, other nations prefer COVERT intelligence... ...thats imho.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Unbelievable.
Go away communists.

This is the same FSB that bombed their own country.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
It's the NWO. The KGB comes to the west for counterterror training, the CIA goes east to operate their secret prisons.

-koji K.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Has anyone heard any more about this?

January 2006 is now.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ulvetann
While the US and GB spend their dole on stash, gadgets and gizmos, other nations prefer COVERT intelligence... ...thats imho.

Eh?
Government? Spending cash?

Thats a contradiction.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
With the "chechen problem" Russia is exposed to tactics akin to the July 7th bombings in London. They'll be looking to examine how the British dealt with the attack and how they can deal with it if needed.

Building relations with Russia is a good thing for the UK, especially with Iran being back in the firing line.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Eh?
Government? Spending cash?

Thats a contradiction.

Eyh? I don't quite follow Your meaning?

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The nasty old oppressors are the new best buddies. I seem to remember a few stories last year mentioning that the Dept. of Homeland security had hired ex KGB and ex STASI leaders as consultants for the proposed "internal passport" system (REAL ID).

Makes sense really, hire those with good backgrounds in oppression and spying on the people as they know all the tricks

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Eyh? I don't quite follow Your meaning?

The UK government seperates its cash from its wallet harder than an english man seperates a £10 note from his hand

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

Guardian: Russians join in UK action on terrorism

October 16, 2005

Russia's secret service, the successors to the KGB, will take part in anti-terrorist exercises on the streets of Britain next year, The Observer can reveal.

Hmmm...

Times Online: Spy's murder prompts fears over plans for dealing with 'dirty bomb' attacks

December 11, 2006

Authorities suspect that Litvinenko was poisoned on November 1 at the Pine Bar, in the Millennium Hotel in London, but they told the 250 people who were there that day that they were in no danger. Now they are trying find them to run health checks.

Plans have been drawn up for officers to seal off contaminated areas and protective suit training has been given 7,000 officers across Britain. In London, mobile units, which would become the spearhead of the police operation, now carry small radioactivity alerts.

In the Litvinenko murder investigation police have reached a stalemate with Russian officials

Probably just a coincident...

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Hermann Simm

Putin's spy, Hermann Simm, was arrested in September 2008. In a classified damage report, NATO concludes that he was one of the most damaging spies in the history of NATO.

Spiegel Online: New Documents Reveal Truth on NATO's 'Most Damaging' Spy

05/06/2010

Everyone thought Hermann Simm deserved to be honored. It was Monday, Feb. 6, 2006, and he was dressed in his best suit to attend the day's event. He had been invited to Estonia's presidential palace to accept the "Order of the White Star" for his "service to the Estonian nation." It was an ironic choice.

It wasn't the only medal Simm received for his services that year. The other honor was one that he could only see on his computer screen, supposedly so as to not jeopardize his cover.

[---]

According to the classified NATO report, the master spy also "compromised a wide range of NATO intelligence reports and analyses," including ones related to fighting terrorism, secret military plans and counterespionage.

[---]

The NATO report cites as "particularly worrisome" Simm's participation in the annual security conferences at the alliance's military headquarters in Mons, Belgium, as well as in two counterespionage conferences, in 2006 and 2007.

At the conference held in the Dutch town of Brunssum in 2006, a CD containing the names of all known and suspected Russian NATO spies, as well as detailed information on double agents, was distributed to attendees. The CD "landed directly on Putin's desk" and "caused quite a stir" in Moscow, Jakovlev says, clearly in praise of the master spy. For the coup, Simm received a €5,000 bonus and was reportedly promoted to major general.

"including ones related to fighting terrorism"...

Possibly related thread:
How did the 'Estonia' sink 1994?

top topics

join