It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Levee Breaks, 9-11 Part of Government Plot, Farrakhan Implies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Louis Farrakhan has been implying that the levees in New Orleans were blown up as part of a government plot against blacks. Farrakahn is expected to address the issue during the commemoration of the ten-year anniversary of the "Million Man March," which drew a crowd of approximately 400,000. Farrakhan has been the center of much controversy for his remarks about whites and Jews. He recently praised Cuban dictator Fidel Castro.

www.cnsnews.com
Forty-eight hours before the Louis Farrakhan-led march of African Americans through the streets of Washington, D.C., the controversial minister Thursday repeated his charge that levees in New Orleans were intentionally blown up on Aug. 29, following Hurricane Katrina. He also implied that the Bush administration may have orchestrated the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on the U.S.

Farrakhan, the leader of the Nation of Islam, and his followers on Saturday will commemorate the 10th anniversary of the 1995 Million Man March in the nation's capital. By many estimates, the march ten years ago attracted far fewer than the one million Farrakhan expected.

Among the expected participants Saturday will be liberal civil rights organizations like the National Urban League, the Southern Christian Leadership Conference and the Congressional Black Caucus, together with prominent individuals like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and Washington, D.C., Mayor Anthony Williams.

None of the groups or individuals has apparently repudiated Farrakhan's allegation that the levees were detonated in the hours after Hurricane Katrina out of a desire to flood the disproportionately poor and black 9th Ward of New Orleans.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Farrakhan is perhaps the conspiracy theorists' conspiracy theorist. He believes that Hitler was a great man, that a "mothership" interfered with US plans to declare war on Libya, that the government was behind 9/11, and now, of course, there's the Great Levee Plot of 2005. He cites the blowing up of the levees in St. Bernard Parish and Plaquemines Parish during the flood of 1927 to take land from black sharecroppers. What he seems not to grasp is that the levees were blown up in 1927 to save New Orleans and that both St. Bernard and Plaquemines were both overwhelmingly white. What he fails to note about the current situation in New Orleans is that not only was the largely black lower Ninth Ward devastated by Katrina, but the Lakeview and Broadmoor areas of New Orleans, both largely white, were equally devastated and that the Parishes of St. Bernard and Plaquemines, both largely white, were just as badly damaged, if not worse so, than any area in New Orleans. Farrakhan has an important lesson for us all. Never let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

Related News Links:
www.qctimes.net
www.frontpagemag.com
www.newsmax.com
www.mercurynews.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Farrakhan says levee was breached to destroy the black part of town
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2005/10/13 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Farrakhan is a crazy man and a bigot of incomparable caliber.

The ridiculous fiction he puts forth is a disgrace to the black community, and I for one am astounded at the attention the media seems to pay him. I have heard more coherent and reasonable diatribes from drug-addicted mentally ill homeless folk ranting on street corners in Manhattan.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram
I have heard more coherent and reasonable diatribes from drug-addicted mentally ill homeless folk ranting on street corners in Manhattan.

That aside, he has an enormous following and entertains all the leaders of the black community, even if there are differences among them.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   

posted by GradyPhilpott
Farrakhan has an important lesson for us all. Never let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

Oh I love that line -- It should be saved for posterity. You should get a Way Above for it. Thank You for making my day.

Now to your comment about him having an enormous following -- isn't that just frightening -- that so many could follow such a (I'm sosrry I did try to come up with another term but nothing else seemed to fit) total wack-job.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
This is a crazy man!
I cannot believe that Fox News gave this man (if you can call him that) a forum to voice his hatred for the white man.
The first thing that came to me was that this is a dangerous man and as someone else commented with a large following.
He could stir up alot of things in this country.
Maybe even a civil war......

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Never even heard of this guy. I've had my laugh for the day...

He could stir up alot of things in this country.
Maybe even a civil war......

Make that two laughs.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Thatoneguy-
This is your first post and thats all you have to say about this subject?
Maybe you should look him up on the internet but I have a strange feeling that you DO know him.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
There seems to be more and more evidence that the levees were blown up. A large 25 foot crater under levee, high explosive residue found on bolders and rocks in levee, 5 military agents killed by police near the levee( they supposively blew up 17th street levee), mayor Nagin fears for his life for knowing about the crater. So don't laugh to hard at Farrakhan, he may be a crazy man but his information is from the mayor.

It is being reported that homes in the Bywater section of New Orleans, the 9th Ward,flooded because they (some government entity) used too much explosive to dynamite part of the levee after the first section broke - they did this to prevent Uptown (the rich part of town) from being inundated with water from the Lake. Who is responsible for flooding so many homes-Katrina, or our government?
www.youthinkwhat.com...

Our house is 6 blocks from the lower 9th ward that you all may have heard about on TV as one of the hardest hit neighborhoods - where one of the levy breaks occurred. That entire neighborhood is completely under water. Unfortunately, we have learned that the reason our part of the neighborhood flooded was not due to the hurricane, but rather to a misguided effort on the part of our government. Fearing that the flood waters would invade Uptown New Orleans (the wealthy, white part of town), they dynamited another hole in the levy on our side to let flood waters in there and keeping them away from Uptown. Apparently they over did it with the dynamite.
getyouracton.com...

Divers inspecting the ruptured levee walls
surrounding New Orleans found something that piqued their interest:
Burn marks on underwater debris chunks from the broken levee wall! One
diver, a member of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, saw the burn
marks and knew immediately what caused them. When he surfaced and
showed the evidence to his superior, the on-site Coordinator for FEMA
stepped-in and said "You are not here to conduct an investigation as to
why this rupture occurred, but only to determine how best to close it."
www.whale.to...

10:57 Raw transcript of comments by NOLA evacuee : "The 17th street levee was bombed by the Army Corps of Engineers to save the more valuable real estate in the city... to keep the French Quarter protected, the ninth ward was sacrificed... people are afraid to speak out... everyone who was near there heard the bombings... they bombed seven times. That’s why they didn’t fix the levees... 20 feet of water. Gators. People dying in water. They let the parishes go, not the city center
www.indymedia.ie...

Who were these "military agents" that were killed by the police near the 17th Street Canal breeched levy and what were they doing there? Why did the New Orleans police find it necessary to shoot and kill 5 or 6 of them? No one is saying anything and it appears that the news story has now been swept under the rug.
www.envirosagainstwar.org...
The Great New Orleans Land Grab:
The 17th Street Canal Levy Was Breeched on

New Orleans resident says levee blown on purpose
benfrank.net...

"Mayor Nagin told us there was a 25-foot crater under the levee," Farrakhan explained, before cautioning that the New Orleans Democrat "didn't say there was a bomb. He just said there was a crater."
Farrakhan then added: "I say they blew it [up]."
www.talkshowamerica.com...

[edit on 13-10-2005 by Ycon]

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Farrakhan is STILL around? I thought that moron finally took off on his mothership full of black space brothers to gather up the rest of the cav so he can come blow up all the white people, or some BS like that. Or hopefully, he was eaten by evil white cavemen?

Grady is wrong when he said dont let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy. This has to be about the lamest conspiracy theory Ive heard that doesnt involve reptilians or blood drinking Freemasons. I dont see how the dumbest person on crack could believe the government blew up the levees to get rid of black people.

Because all those black people that were evacuated were rel;oacted to alot of white areas. Bet he didnt think of that, did he?

What a waste of human DNA.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
skadi, I don't think it was done to remove black people but I do believe it was done to save the downtown area. Read some of the links I posted, Deny Ignorance

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   

This is your first post and thats all you have to say about this subject?
Maybe you should look him up on the internet but I have a strange feeling that you DO know him.

No... Seriously, I never heard of this guy. It's kind of surprising to me because I just read the Wikipedia article (en.wikipedia.org...) and it appears that he is a well-known guy.

But it's going to take a lot more than one guy making outrageous claims such as

On October 24, 1989, at the J.W. Marriott Hotel in Washington, DC., Louis Farrakhan stated that he had a vision of being abducted in 1985 by an invisible pilot in a UFO and carried up on a beam of light to a "human built planet" known as the "Mother Wheel." There the voice of Elijah Muhammad informed him that the president and the Joint Chiefs of Staff, under the direction of Gen. Colin Powell, were planning a war, which Farrakhan said he later came to realize was "a war against the black people of America, the Nation of Islam and Louis Farrakhan." "I saw a city in the sky," Farrakhan said, after which the UFO "brought me back to Earth and dropped me off near Washington; over to Tyson Corners and Fifth Street I think...to make The Announcement."

to start a civil war. There's not enough people that would get inspired by a man like this. You were joking with the civil war comment weren't you?

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
no, I wasn't joking because this man has a huge following and he seems to be backed up by his own "Military Group"? I don't know who these people are that surround him , I do know that one of them is his son.
Do some more research. It may surprise you.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Some levees were breeched on purpose to help with the flow of water but I didn't see much followup on that.

Fox-News-20050905-Army-Corps-Levees

I'm still not sure about the other levees or about the traces of explosives.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   

You have voted Ycon for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

Outstanding quotes, I'd never even heard of this theory until now and that's more than enough of a kernel to spark one. Thank you for sharing that with us!

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Farrakhan has an important lesson for us all. Never let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

That's not a very enlightened position to take, especially not when you are a contributing member of a conspiracy board. Im not saying that all Farrakhan's theories are accurate, but allowing for the possibility some may be true is a much better position to take than a blanket resistance to them. If you have evidence that proves his theories are inaccurate then I apologize, but unless you do you cannot dismiss them and still be denying ignorance. An open mind is much more conducive to uncovering the truth than a closed one.

[edit on 13/10/05 by subz]

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
When Betsy hit in 1965, the same area flooded and no one claimed sabotage, but then the lower Ninth Ward was mostly white. The French Quarter and the Uptown areas were largely spared from flooding because those are the highest areas of the city. Anyone who has the slightest bit of knowledge about New Orleans and half a brain knows that the levees weren't blown up.

The 17th street levee was bombed by the Army Corps of Engineers to save the more valuable real estate in the city... to keep the French Quarter protected, the ninth ward was sacrificed...

www.indymedia.ie...

The above quote is utter nonsense. The 17th Street Canal is on the other side of the city from the lower Ninth Ward and the flooding caused by the breach of that levee flooded the Lakeview are which is predominantly white. The London Avenue Canal levee is the one that flooded the Ninth Ward.

Those who claim that I don't have an open mind about this subject don't know that I know New Orleans better than most people here know their backyards.

[edit on 2005/10/13 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

That's not a very enlightened position to take, especially not when you are a contributing member of a conspiracy board. Im not saying that all Farrakhan's theories are accurate, but allowing for the possibility some may be true is a much better position to take than a blanket resistance to them. If you have evidence that proves his theories are inaccurate then I apologize, but unless you do you cannot dismiss them and still be denying ignorance. An open mind is much more conducive to uncovering the truth than a closed one.

Oh come on. I think a healthy sense of skepticism and credulity is well founded when it comes to Farrakhan. How about *you* name one instance where one of his conspiracy theories has some foundation in reality - you know, some evidence of credibility?

While an open mind is one thing (even a stopped clock is right twice a day), it is time to say enough is enough when it comes to this guy. He's a crackpot and his ravings should be met with a resounding silence until he has something other than rumor and wild speculation to back up his claims.

edit: fix quotes

[edit on 10/13/2005 by ChemicalLaser]

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemicalLaser
Oh come on. I think a healthy sense of scepticism and credulity is well founded when it comes to Farrakhan. How about *you* name one instance where one of his conspiracy theories has some foundation in reality - you know, some evidence of credibility?

I agree, you do need a healthy degree of scepticism, but that doesn't just stop with Farrakhan. You ask me to name a conspiracy theory that has some foundation in reality:

Originally posted by GradyPhilpot
He believes that Hitler was a great man, that a "mothership" interfered with US plans to declare war on Libya, that the government was behind 9/11

75% of ATS members who took part in this poll agree with that. Link

By the way, the onus is on whoever chooses a rigid stance on the matter to prove their position, not those with an open mind who entertain the notion that either side could be correct. Farrakhan should provide evidence to support his theories as much as you, and the other sceptics, should provide as much evidence to dismiss the same theories. You cannot win the argument by simply discrediting the messenger and flat out calling the theory "insane", "ridiculous", "wrong" etc.

I have an open mind on his other theories, and some I would be sceptical of but I am damn sure I wont dismiss them outright because I don't have evidence to say otherwise. That would be embracing ignorance.

Originally posted by ChemicalLaser
While an open mind is one thing (even a stopped clock is right twice a day), it is time to say enough is enough when it comes to this guy. He's a crackpot and his ravings should be met with a resounding silence until he has something other than rumour and wild speculation to back up his claims.

Why would you say that? If he is wrong, how does it affect you? Are you being insinuated into his conspiracy theory? If not, then why do you care if he is spouting incorrect theories? He maybe a crackpot, and he is definitely a racist, but that shouldn't change his theories. Theories, I may add, that are not entirely his own. Why should the theories suffer because some racist happens to agree with them?

By the way, if he had more than "rumour and wild speculation to back up his claims" they wouldn't be conspiracy theories any more, they would be facts

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I agree, you do need a healthy degree of scepticism, but that doesn't just stop with Farrakhan. You ask me to name a conspiracy theory that has some foundation in reality:

Originally posted by GradyPhilpot
He believes that Hitler was a great man, that a "mothership" interfered with US plans to declare war on Libya, that the government was behind 9/11

75% of ATS members who took part in this poll agree with that. Link

fair enough, but I hardly think a poll on a conspiracy website asking if something is a conspiracy is an unbiased and objective 'fact' to point to when making your point. There are other sources you could have cited, but I'll go back to my stopped clock statement.

I have an open mind on his other theories, and some I would be sceptical of but I am damn sure I wont dismiss them outright because I don't have evidence to say otherwise. That would be embracing ignorance.

I'd say that when one demonstrates oneself to be unreliable and untrustworthy on more occasions than not, then the anti-ignorant thing to do is to assume as a starting point that they continue to be unreliable and untrustworthy.

Why would you say that? If he is wrong, how does it affect you? Are you being insinuated into his conspiracy theory? If not, then why do you care if he is spouting incorrect theories?

Because the mainstream media lends Farrakhan a forum for making statements that otherwise would never make it into print because there isn't any substance to them (though in the case of Katrina, the media was just as incompetent as the govt, imho). This distracts from the real story, confuses an already weary public, and degrades the public discourse on an important subject.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   

What about Farrakhan's theory that the white race was created by a black scientist named Yakub some 6,600 years ago? The mothership one sounds pretty fruity to me, too... and ridiculousness has a certain convective property, whereby a person with numerous obscenely silly ideas can be expected to think thusly in most other cases.

Why would you say that? If he is wrong, how does it affect you? Are you being insinuated into his conspiracy theory? If not, then why do you care if he is spouting incorrect theories? He maybe a crackpot, and he is definitely a racist, but that shouldn't change his theories. Theories, I may add, that are not entirely his own. Why should the theories suffer because some racist happens to agree with them?

The American government may well have had a hand in the September 11th attacks. I do not profess to be able to answer this question, upon which four years and some of the world's best and brightest minds have failed to produce a definitive consensus.

However, just because Farrakhan happens to think that there was, in fact, collusion between our government and the perpetrators of the attacks does not mean that he deserves the attention of the national media.

The theory that the 9/11 attacks were committed or abetted by American officials is one deserving of investigation, but Farrakhan's opinion on the matter should no more be the subject of nationwide news coverage than should mine or yours... in fact, I don't think anything he has to say ought to be considered in any objective search for truth.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
There was a video on Alex Jones site... Cant remember which one it was, where this black guy could have sworn that he heard an exspolsion and saw the levee fall apart..

If I can find it I will show you.. I do have it on my PC maybe I will upload it somewhere and let you guys see it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join