It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York subway threat a hoax: reports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Had a quick look around and didn't see this so here it is.
To me it seemed like an organised 'terrorism' reminder by the key players promoting the War on Terror as a neccessity. Not only did Bali get hit again in a typical fashion which has been treated as 'Al-Qaeda linked' with no evidence, but the WOT governments all stepped up their 'threat' quota this month.

New York subway threat a hoax: reports
Wednesday Oct 12 08:00 AEST

The subway terrorist threat that gripped New York last weekend was a hoax stemming from false intelligence provided by a normally reliable informant, US law enforcement officials were quoted as saying.

The informant had fingered three men in Iraq as being behind the plot, but their subsequent capture and interrogation revealed no links to any plan or any known terrorist group, CNN quoted law enforcement sources as saying.

He also admitted to fabricating a story about another individual who had made his way into the United States to help lay the ground for the alleged bomb plot.

From the beginning, there was some discrepancy over the nature of the threat, with the Bloomberg administration underlining its seriousness even as federal officials questioned its credibility.
news.ninemsn.com.au...

There will be something big coming before years end and Iran/Isreal will be where the focus ends up. All the stuff happening (or not happening) right now is just propaganda ground work for making the public accept the next major attack as being reason for extending the wars. Don't fall for it.

On another note. read about what was said on Prison Planet about this 'scare' two days ago.... since they are all 'crazy' they should have no clue what they are talking about right? So what happens when they are right?

NYC Subway "Plot": Just Another Fake Terror Alert
Steve Watson & Paul Watson | October 10 2005

The actual details of the so called terror plot are of little importance. Just mention the key phrases, "bombs", "subway" "New York" "Terrorists" "Iraq" "Afghanistan" and "Al Qaeda" and bingo, you've got yourself a brand new terror alert.

Mayor Bloomberg defended the decision to announce the threat and then kept riding the subway!

Ask yourself if Bloomberg really thought there was a credible threat against the subway, would he be riding it? Does he ever ride it anyway? Come on now.

www.prisonplanet.com...

[edit on 11-10-2005 by TheShroudOfMemphis]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Better safe than sorry, eh, TheShroudOfMemphis?

You and others may call it whatever else you may like, but to me and others, its a psychological and intelligence shell game: better to choose all the shells a threat or attack may be under rather than one.

In the case of the WOT governments and leaders, in relation to those who oppose them, oppose WOT, oppose Iraq, etc., its a 'damned if you do and damned if you don't', correct?

-If they had done nothing and something happened? WOT governments and leaders fault.
-If they had done something [major or limited alert] and something happened? WOT governments and leaders fault.
-If they had done something [major or limited alert] and nothing happened? WOT governments and leaders fault.
-If they had done something [major or limited alert] and something did happen and the response is overwhelmed? WOT governments and leaders fault.

Correct me if I am wrong here, TheShroudOfMemphis......

seekerof

[edit on 11-10-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
him funny how bloomburgs approval rating went up and the election was almost garenteed now....seems a bit odd doesnt it?
terrorist alert he handles really well, during election time....hmmmmm....anyway 81% of people approved of how he handled it and his vote percent is now at 59%. was this just his stunt to garentee him victory for his upcoming election?

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Yes thats right we should choose all the shells in this shell game
I know lets make every day a terror alert!
Never can tell when those pesky terrorists will attack so we should cover all our bases....
It would be a shame if we wound up playing the "blame game" again as we have so many times in the past thanks to this administration.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Better safe than sorry, eh, TheShroudOfMemphis?

So it's better to put on an act knowing the evidence is loaded than to be sorry? Of course, they only found out afterwards right?

They did all this preperation, spent all these millions of dollars, splashed headlines all over the world and found out AFTER the fact that it was all bogus??

Yeah right, they can organise and coreograph 'anti-terror' pre-cautions which would of involved a lot of time, money and personal but it takes a couple days after the fact until their trillion dollar intelligence organisation can glean enough info to realise it was a hoax all along. Better to be safe the sorry!

Better boost the law enforcement budget and make some new "anti-Terror" laws just to be safe rather than sorry incase next time it's real right?

How about next time get some legit evidence before putting on a horse and pony show to condition people into getting use to 'these new times we live in'. Do the work to determine legitmacy of threats rather than just going along with them and turning them into a media circus to cash in on it.

Obviously this government was never told about the 'crying wolf' story.

If you read news outside America you'll see this happening elsewhere. It's an organised campaign by the WoT players to keep the public believing the WoT is needed and warrented.

In Australia over the last week we had similar over-reactions which fit perfectly with the NY over-reaction and suggests an orgnised campaign - NOT BY TERRORISTS but by the WoT campaigners.

Oct 7th - In Melbourne they shut down one of the busiest roads and got the bomb squad in with their robot to find someone left an empty cooler bag at a tram stop.

Oct 8th - In Canberra they shut down a major road for 5 hours because there was a van on the side of the road - Turns out, "It was determined to be not a problem," an Australian Capital Territory police spokeswoman said.

Oct 9th - In Adelaide the airport was shut down for 2 hours because a bag had powder on it - COULD OF BEEN ANTHRAX!!! the media proclaimed, sighting the Anthrax scares in America post 9/11 - thou leaving out the FACT that anthrax was US military grade and has been traced back to the lab it was made.
" The white powder turned out to be harmless, a police spokesman said. "There was no danger to anybody."
He said police believed the substance was laundry powder."

But yeah, better to be safe the sorry because it would be a shame for the WoT to lose it's public support entirely.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Re-read my post, TheShroudOfMemphis.
Your reply typifies exactly what I mentioned concerning 'damned if you do and damned if you don't'.

Again, concerning that, please do correct me if I am wrong, because thus far, you are not contesting that postulation, but confirming it.

seekerof

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Re-read my post, TheShroudOfMemphis.
Your reply typifies exactly what I mentioned concerning 'damned if you do and damned if you don't'.

Again, concerning that, please do correct me if I am wrong, because thus far, you are not contesting that postulation, but confirming it.

seekerof

Not at all, your trying to create circular logic which fit's your 'It's OK to cry wolf' idea.

If there's a legit threat then of course they should do something about it but the thing your failing to grasp is that they don't always want to find out if it's legit or not, a lot of the time it's better to call the media and put on a show than to actually admit there was nothing to it in the first place.

There was a documentary on Australian TV recently which showed exactly how Police will call the media to tell them to be at a certain place and time to get footage and report on a 'possible terror' related call. This is fact, they do this in concert with the media to promote an agenda. WoT is NOT popular amongst the Australian public and the world in general, so you find it surprising that the governments wouldn't use propaganda to support their failing campaign? Even when Bush admits that propaganda will be something used, even when the CIA admit propaganda will be one of their main avenues of attack. Or do you just believe propaganda is targeted at 'everyone else' and everything you see is just a coincidence or saftey measure?

War Propaganda
www.globalresearch.ca...

It has nothing to do with 'your damed if you do or don't', it has everything to do with assessing a situation logically first and applying appropriate measures rather than making a media frenzy over something which is nothing but a waste of money and resources? Why support and excuse that?

There's no way they would not have known that NY subway was a hoax before hand if they could work it out completely a couple days later. There's no way Bloomberg would be on a subway train if there was ANY legit threat to NY's subway. BUT, they would put on a media and police show if they knew there was no threat to begin with, then it would be safe for the Mayor to travel on the Subway with a team of press and photographers for example. That's when it goes from crying wolf to a propaganda campaign.

Why is repeating history just a big coincidence for the apologists?

top topics

join