It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moderator John Bull 1 removes my avatar..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Loses my custom lines in progress..

Can i have them back?

Line 1: AboveTopSecrect.com
Line 2: deny ignorance.

And that was the removed avatar, i really dont see the point

It is just a skull.

Straight from a google picture search..

[Edited on 12-9-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Why would he do that?

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Dont know mayby the skull scared # out of somebody..

And i think he "lost" my lines by accident, but i relly want em back..
(the lines, avatar wasnt that good..)

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I do not understand why your avatar was removed. It may be the death's head symbol of the Nazi SS, but it also was the skull and crossbones of pirate fame. I did not find it offensive as I did not take it as a Nazi symbol.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Not my call buddy, but IMHO, you should have handled this by U2U.

regards
seekerof

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Seekerof, i am not trying to make a issue out of this and i did u2u to JB1 but as he isnt online i put this topic up, so that some of the other mod online would also see this and maybe fix my problem.

As i did lose the lines.

And i would figure that JB1 isnt the only one that can fix this.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I had a similar strange problem. I made a post asking how I can change what my mood meter said, because it wasn't how I felt. And the next day I received a warning from Forum Staff saying that I've been warned for my post. Even tho in the post, I didn't say anything remotely offensive to anyone. I had no way to look into the incident because the U2U said not to reply back.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The avavtar was an image of the SS Totenkopf insignia, the nazi deaths head corps, thats why it was removed.

real pirate jolly rogers dont look like that.

Thats what i see, dunno why your lines were removed tho.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I agree with Skadi,

I've seen the same emblem on a sword my grandpa took off an SS trooper he met with 'terminal prejudice' about 47 years ago.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Not my call buddy, but IMHO, you should have handled this by U2U.

Agreed...

I am unable to return you deleted lines of text, and have no idea why your avatar was removed at all.

I would suggest sending a u2u to someone of Admin status like William or Bob88...their u2u profile links are on the lefthand side of the Main Forum Page.

Also, if you...or indeed anyone...feels they are aggrieved by any action taken by any Moderator or Admin, then please also make useage of the Complaints link at the top of the page. We all need to have some accountability...and all need to be offered some method of redress...so make useage of the Complaints link.

Also...in regards to the Complaints link...they are anonimous, we do not see who they originate from...so if you would like a u2u reply in response to any complaint, then please include your name.

I'm locking this thread now Fulcrum, as I feel you have been provided options to go about finding your answer, and remedy. Feel free to u2u me if you have any questions concerning this decision.

Peace,
ALIEN

top topics

join