It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corporate Internet Censorship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
There is a conspircay theory webpage which I personally frequent, and I have seen several other ATS members reference. It is:

www.prisonplanet.com...

I visited the website today, and it turns out that all AOL Time Warner internet providers on a national level have blocked this webpage. In other words, a large corporation has deemed the material presented in this website as innappropriate, and has made it impossible for its subscribers to visit the page. The site administrator, Alex Jones, has written an article about the incedent here (you can read it assuming you don't use Time Warner internet)

www.prisonplanet.com...

Personally, I find this apalling and frightening. How long will it be until ATS is blocked, blogs are scanned for material deemed inappropriate, and e-mails are searched for "objectionable material". It's already basically occuring in China:

newsfromrussia.com...

What are your thoughts on the subject, and what can be done to prevent sucha thing occuring. Also, if it does occur, what can humble members of ATS do to circumvent this kind of tracking and censorship?

Editted to fix the links. Sorry about that.

[edit on 5-10-2005 by Garden Spider]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Your link is invalid, and the story is suspect.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but I think I speak for most people when I say "I'll believe it when I see it."

Can anyone dial up AOL and confirm this fact for us?

www.prisonplanet.com...

The article is indeed genuine, and was apparently reported by listeners in Texas who complained of being unable to access the site through Road Runner.

Whether it's really going on or not I couldn't say, but I would encourage the corporations involved to re-evaluate their threshold for judgements regarding the intelligence of their customers. They routinely underestimate their marks, and either the 'bosses' will smarten up and be more clever, or they won't. If they don't, any plans they may have had will be rendered obsolete, since they presume, as a starting point, a subdued and subservient populace.

If you're trying to con someone, you don't make your intentions known by calling them ahead of time and being an obvious criminal. The element of surprise, or rather, the persistence of trust, is crucial in any con game. The confidence men in government and business can hardly convince anyone of anything, as it is, without resorting to subliminal messages and insinuating peer pressure.

If they screw up and show their hand, which is what censoring prison planet amounts to, then they might as well move on and find some other willing suckers. People get wise, and all of a sudden the connections start appearing in their brain, and then before you know it they're thinking for themselves and questioning authority.

Slippery slope I tell ya'...

[edit on 5-10-2005 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The links both work for me at work, where I currently am, which does not use Time Warner Road Runner internet cable. My home however, cannot get to the website. Try the links again. But if you're using Time Warner, then odds are you won't get there.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
You fixed the link, cool.

I reposted it just in case you left it, but I don't suppose there's any sense in removing the link from my post.

It's an interesting story but, to my mind, still suspect. I find it pretty hard to believe that there is some secret crew of NWO peeps who have come this far, are so close to taking over the world, and would make an obvious mistake like this. It doesn't seem entirely plausible.

They need the escape valves, the pressure release valves, to stop the whole country from exploding. Movements are nurtured that draw the people away from the issues, even if the movements are counter-government. The important thing from the government's perspective is to keep the people divided. Alex Jones and his ilk do a fine job of that, with or without government support.

From the NWO's perspective, I can't imagine Alex Jones as a threat. He's a clown, cementing support for the status quo in the minds of run of the mill Americans. At least that's how I've always seen him, as a sort of distraction in and of himself.

I could be totally wrong about everything, Alex, AOL, NWO, all of it. Maybe it's all real, and they're taking this thing to the end game...

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Hey, no sweat. Glad we both were able to get the thing to work.

It does strike me as odd that they would be this obvious. But Alex does reference another occassion where something similar happened. Their servers came under attack, and went down for an entire day (he claims as a result of the articles they published on the 7/7 attacks in london). The funny thing is, I usually check his website when i get into work, and on that particular day, his website was legitimately down. I remember it well because I thought that my company had perhaps blocked the website, as it isn't exactly work related in nature.

But, a few hours later, it was back up with the explanation of what happened. Of course they could have stage it themselves, but I've also verified that my home internet, which is AOL Time Warner, won't allow me to visit his page either.

I rarely agree with what Alex Jones presents on his website, but all this censorship really only seems to give creedance to his claims, as you said. It seems silly for the NWO or whoever is behind the giant conspiracy to simply take down his website. I mean, why not simply assasinate the man if he's that big of a threat.

Still, interesting stuff.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I have heard from people from another forum that they are still unable to goto Alex Jones website. If you have Roadrunner or AOL time warner you can not access Alex Jones website.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I heard on the Alex Jones show yesterday that if you're on time warner you can still go to infowars.net because aparently they forgot to block it like infowars.com, prisonplanet.com and prisonplanet.tv

I'm not sure if its still the case at the moment since I've never had any trouble going on those sites.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Does anyone here use AOL? Can we get a confirmation on this? I'll ask a friend to try logging on, as she uses AOL, but I won't know until tomorrow if she is able to.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Does anyone here use AOL? Can we get a confirmation on this? I'll ask a friend to try logging on, as she uses AOL, but I won't know until tomorrow if she is able to.

OF course, that's if she actually does it, and calls...

No news here, no response to email, or anything. Maybe AOL read the information in my email and deleted it in the ether before it could get to her

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

I'm on AOL JJ, and it pops right up. No problems what-so-ever, this is just glitch (for some) or sensationalistic propaganda by Jones imo. If there's such a thing as Illuminati, NWO, etc. etc. do you really think they're concerned about this guy?

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I'm on TimeWarner Roadrunner, and they all work just fine for me. I had to click the second one twice, but the second time it popped right up.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
That's another thread that talks about the same thing.
From what I can tell, it appears that his websites weren't working for Roadrunner users on the 5th when the article was first posted, but it's working now.

According to BeingWatchedByThem:

I called Time Warner.

They claim it is an "error" and they are attempting to "fix it". RIIGGHT! They said that they were in the "process of fixing the connection" with the server

So Time Warner has ADMITTED that the sites weren't working for it's customers, saying it's an "error".

top topics

join