It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

aol time warner blocks access to alex jones websites

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
www.prisonplanet.com...

hmm, possibly irrated Both the white House and no .10 downing street? That's why we need a separte internet, highway.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Ok, I would REALLY appreciate it if you could COPY & PASTE
this story. I cannot acess the link.

CAUSE I GOT TIME WARNER; and are they gonna hear from me about this. They think I complain about the bill, they aint heard nothing yet.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Has Time Warner's ISP, Road Runner, blocked access to all of Alex Jones' flagship websites across the entire United States or is this a wider Internet blackout issue?

We were first alerted to this problem early this morning when several locals in Austin reported that they were unable to access Infowars.com, PrisonPlanet.com or Prison Planet.tv.

Austin Time Warner had previously shut down access to our websites on a whim, claiming they were 'hate material' but in all cases had quickly restored them after receiving complaints.

However, this latest attack on free speech is occurring nationwide, with Time Warner subscribers from New York to California reporting that their access to the websites is being blocked. Is this deliberate or an Internet-wide issue? Only time will tell.

The last attempt to shut us down came shortly after the London Bombings, which saw our traffic go through the roof after we released a plethora of articles exposing government involvement.

The consequence of this is that Prison Planet.com alone on some days gets more hits than the Britney Spears website or Rush Limbaugh.

Previously we reported that UK ISPs like Tiscali were blocking their subscribers from accessing the website after the 7/7 bombings.

It is obvious that those in high places are showing their disapproval. This only vindicates all the information we have been putting out.

How can a website that merely reports and comments on mainstream media articles be described as 'hate' unless there's a different agenda afoot? How can Bill O'Reilly get on Fox News and call for assassinating Prime Ministers and Pat Robertson on the 700 Club do the same and yet we get censored for being hateful? We have never called for violence against anyone and actively encourage peaceful exchange of information.

This is part of a growing trend of authoritarian censorship of the Internet in preparation for the emergence of Internet 2, where only government approved websites will be allowed to exist and the old Internet will be shut down.

Monolithic corporations in lock-step with government are following the Chinese model, where any website mildly anti-establishment is immediately shut down and its owners arrested. The vast majority of Internet cafes in China were shut down in 2002 after the government started a fire in one Beijing cafe and then demanded all the rest be shut down for 'safety reasons'.

Under anti-terrorism laws in Italy, Internet cafe owners are forced to take photo ID's of all their customers and install key-logging and filter software which blocks any websites the government chooses.

Today's actions by Time Warner may fall into the same category. The First Amendment is continuously under siege by jack-booted totalitarians in suits that graciously lick the boots and follow the orders of the establishment lackeys.

In 2002 Dell Computers cancelled an order placed by Weigand Combat Handguns because the company name triggered a security alert. The word 'combat' was not accepted by Dell's post-9/11 security alert system. This is an example of the inane and sweeping nature of these filtrations systems and the blanket idiocy applied to these cases.

We are urging all our readers to boycott any Time Warner/Road Runner ISP service and cancel your subscription with them. They have proven themselves time and time again to be an anti-American freedom hating tool of the establishment. Even if this latest incident turns out to be a technical error, their past history of censorship should concern everyone.

We urge you to double your efforts in spreading the truth. Copy and distribute our articles more than ever. We are under a direct assault, the only response needs to be a massive and powerful counter-offensive. To all alternative media websites, please post this article as we are all in the same boat, we are all under enemy fire.

Time Warner are already receiving a deluge of complaints and according to some are now claiming that this is an 'error' that they are looking into and citing other websites that have also been affected, even though these websites are having no problems.

We will update this article as and when Time Warner restores access to Alex Jones' websites. If they fail to do so we will carry telephone numbers and e mail addresses for people to make their complaints. If this is a technical error it should be solved ASAP, if it is something more then we will continue to pursue it.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Thanks Lysergic.
Long time no see.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Lys you did it no justice, if your going to do something, do it right.

Since you asked nicely. Here is what the article actually looks like.

AOL Time-Warner Censors Alex Jones Websites

Prison Planet | October 5 2005

Has Time Warner's ISP, Road Runner, blocked access to all of Alex Jones' flagship websites across the entire United States or is this a wider Internet blackout issue?

We were first alerted to this problem early this morning when several locals in Austin reported that they were unable to access Infowars.com, PrisonPlanet.com or Prison Planet.tv.

Austin Time Warner had previously shut down access to our websites on a whim, claiming they were 'hate material' but in all cases had quickly restored them after receiving complaints.

However, this latest attack on free speech is occurring nationwide, with Time Warner subscribers from New York to California reporting that their access to the websites is being blocked. Is this deliberate or an Internet-wide issue? Only time will tell.

The last attempt to shut us down came shortly after the London Bombings, which saw our traffic go through the roof after we released a plethora of articles exposing government involvement.

The consequence of this is that Prison Planet.com alone on some days gets more hits than the Britney Spears website or Rush Limbaugh.

Previously we reported that UK ISPs like Tiscali were blocking their subscribers from accessing the website after the 7/7 bombings.

It is obvious that those in high places are showing their disapproval. This only vindicates all the information we have been putting out.

How can a website that merely reports and comments on mainstream media articles be described as 'hate' unless there's a different agenda afoot? How can Bill O'Reilly get on Fox News and call for assassinating Prime Ministers and Pat Robertson on the 700 Club do the same and yet we get censored for being hateful? We have never called for violence against anyone and actively encourage peaceful exchange of information.

This is part of a growing trend of authoritarian censorship of the Internet in preparation for the emergence of Internet 2, where only government approved websites will be allowed to exist and the old Internet will be shut down.

Monolithic corporations in lock-step with government are following the Chinese model, where any website mildly anti-establishment is immediately shut down and its owners arrested. The vast majority of Internet cafes in China were shut down in 2002 after the government started a fire in one Beijing cafe and then demanded all the rest be shut down for 'safety reasons'.

Under anti-terrorism laws in Italy, Internet cafe owners are forced to take photo ID's of all their customers and install key-logging and filter software which blocks any websites the government chooses.

Today's actions by Time Warner may fall into the same category. The First Amendment is continuously under siege by jack-booted totalitarians in suits that graciously lick the boots and follow the orders of the establishment lackeys.

In 2002 Dell Computers cancelled an order placed by Weigand Combat Handguns because the company name triggered a security alert. The word 'combat' was not accepted by Dell's post-9/11 security alert system. This is an example of the inane and sweeping nature of these filtrations systems and the blanket idiocy applied to these cases.

We are urging all our readers to boycott any Time Warner/Road Runner ISP service and cancel your subscription with them. They have proven themselves time and time again to be an anti-American freedom hating tool of the establishment. Even if this latest incident turns out to be a technical error, their past history of censorship should concern everyone.

We urge you to double your efforts in spreading the truth. Copy and distribute our articles more than ever. We are under a direct assault, the only response needs to be a massive and powerful counter-offensive. To all alternative media websites, please post this article as we are all in the same boat, we are all under enemy fire.

Time Warner are already receiving a deluge of complaints and according to some are now claiming that this is an 'error' that they are looking into and citing other websites that have also been affected, even though these websites are having no problems.

We will update this article as and when Time Warner restores access to Alex Jones' websites. If they fail to do so we will carry telephone numbers and e mail addresses for people to make their complaints. If this is a technical error it should be solved ASAP, if it is something more then we will continue to pursue it.

www.prisonplanet.com...

[edit on 6-10-2005 by ADVISOR]

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
No kidding man!
I hope you give them some nonstop hell, just for being aol!

I can't stand using someones computer and they force me to use AOL, their browser, makes me phsyically ill.

Looks like Alex Jones done got under some skin, he's a Texan, what can you expect?

he yells when he gets mad hehe! Alex Jones

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Lys you did it no justice, if your going to do something, do it right.
Since you asked nicely.

My computer doesn't have that button, kthx!

[edited to correct quote codes -nygdan]

[edit on 6-10-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
My computer doesn't have that button, kthx!

What button would that be?

And no, your not welcome.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Austin Time Warner had previously shut down access to our websites on a whim, claiming they were 'hate material'...

Patriot Act, Staged Terrorism, Martial Law, Censorship... Maybe I'm not so crazy after all.

If they think Alex Jones is "Hate Material", they'd hate to see some of the sites I frequent from time to time. The Apologists will of course claim that AOL is a private company and can restrict whatever they like, and that would be fine with me except for the fact that Time Warner offers "Unrestricted Internet Access" to it's customers, and we aren't talking about a Paper Mill or a Restraunt's dress code here, we are talking about the single largest media company in the world, that takes part in a now consolidated effort to manipulate public opinion. This stinks of ADL like tactics and I hope Alex Jones has enough sense to raise enough hell about this that people will catch on to an alarming trend of censorship and 'protection' from hate in this country. The ADL is at this vey moment pushing "Hate" Legislations through Congress to make sure you can't speak passionately or loudly enough for people to hear you over the drone of their Media Consolidation.
If you like to play connect the dots, take a real hard look at 1930's Germany, and 2000's US, the congruence of trends and events is astounding, but considering the Family History of the Bush Regime, perhaps the word is inevitable.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I called Time Warner.

They claim it is an "error" and they are attempting to "fix it". RIIGGHT! They said that they were in the "process of fixing the connection" with the server, lying ambigious crooks.

Lol, watch my connection gets cut now for this. LOL!

[edit on 10-6-2005 by BeingWatchedByThem]

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Here, let me make this easy:

Time Warner Inc.
One Time Warner Center
New York, NY10019-8016

Edward Adler
Executive Vice President
Corporate Communications
Time Warner Inc.
One Time Warner Center
New York, NY 10019-8016

Susan Duffy
Vice President
Corporate Communications
Time Warner Inc.
One Time Warner Center
New York, NY 10019-8016

Didn't see an email addy other than to investor relations on their contact page.

This is absolutely
UNACCEPTABLE

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Further investigation reveal some problems are occuring in the "internet backbone".

Slashdot Discussion
ask.slashdot.org...

Cogent Communications and Level 3, both Tier 1 ISPs, are apparently having some 'undisclosed' disagreements, causing an Internet partition by turning-off or deactivating their peering point.

C|Net News.com
beta.news.com.com...

On Wednesday, network company Level 3 Communications cut off its direct "peering" connections to another big network company called Cogent Communications. That technical action means that some customers on each company's network now will find it impossible, or slower, to get to Web sites on the other company's network.

[edit on 10-6-2005 by BeingWatchedByThem]

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   
interesting, i cant access it, im on roadrunner so it appears true...hmm

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   
It may only be a cover story however this looks interesting:Level 3 Peering Changes Causing Headaches

Whether or not this is a "test run," to transform our internet into the China model of netnannys is debatable. Nonetheless the issues represent sites other than Alex Jones, but I could access Ameritrade for example fairly quickly after the first scramble for an explanation. Hopefully the above link can be helpful, as I have just talked to a Road Runner technican who cited it. Maybe this is all a runaround, or maybe not, but it looks like plausible reading.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I've been a member here for a while now but this is my first post. I am truly disgusted with AOL Time Warner. All day I was trying to get onto Alex Jones' sites and now I know why I couldn't, because i have Time Warner Road Runner. We could be seeing the beginning of something major here, folks. This is sickening.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   
That's realy unacceptable... i mean come on, Alex Jones has never called for violence, nor hate, unlike certain newsanchors over at fox who call for the assasination of foreign leaders on a regular basis...

this is yet another indication of what world we live in, a world where large corporations and buisnesses act like 14th century absolutist Kings.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Very interesting.

Anyone using AOL, PLEASE let keep us updated. If you are able to go to prisonplanet.com, please let us know.

Oh how I wish we'd have stayed in the 70's.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
its probably one of two things, either there were complaints lodged against the site and they are blocking it while investigating, or something on their site tripped some sort of automatic censors, what with all the talk of revolution, mass killings, etc etc. I'd think that this is temporary.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
its probably one of two things, either there were complaints lodged against the site and they are blocking it while investigating, or something on their site tripped some sort of automatic censors, what with all the talk of revolution, mass killings, etc etc. I'd think that this is temporary.

Yeah but read any history website and it also talks about revolutions and mass killings!

And complaining about a website does not make it in any way "bad", I can complain about anything or anyone, if I don't like them or their opinion, but it does not justify censoring their opinion because I say it's "bad".

Millions of people complain daily to their ISP's about all sorts of websites and people and things they read on the internet, unaware that the ISP simply cannot do anything without a legal justification, they cannot simply censor a website on someone's whim, unless that "whim" comes from the government, law enforcement, or there is a legality issue.

And of course it is very easy to call anything you disagree with "hate material". So if anyone points out that someone else (like a government) is doing something negative like killing and lying, it does not at all mean that the reason they say this is because of HATE, instead of simply being based on the evidence. Unless "free speech" means that we're only supposed to say nice things about everybody everywhere, even if they are mass murderers, liars, manipulators, hypocrites, etc. We're supposed to ignore anything that is not "nice", otherwise we're a hate source and should be censored?

Of course, it's ok when the authorities scream their heads off and call people terrorists left and right, or "enemies", and encourage invasion and killings of people without any evidence at all, and that's not hate, that's supposed to be all true because an authority says it is. What a twisted world indeed.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I saw this story yesterday on What Really Happened.com and I immediately was able to access both prisonplanet and infowars, no problem. Still working fine. today.

I'm the first one to blame the corporations and the government, but perhaps this time, it's just a glitch...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join