It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your major pet peeves?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
My biggest pet peeve is people who use words incorrectly. THERE IS NO SUCH WORD AS "IRREGARDLESS"!!!!! If you don't know what it means, don't use the word. If you're not sure, don't use it. :bash:

Yeah, and all those driving ones above... I live in NJ so we have tons of poor and inconsiderate drivers.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
When you let someone in, in traffic, and they fail to wave a thank you.

Oh man, that really pisses me off too!! No...No.....Don't worry about wavin' you freakin' D-BAG!!!!!

Another one is when I'm going to get lunch and someone says "Hey, can you get me something too" and I say "Sure" and then they order a sandwich or something else but they don't want it the way it comes. They want this instead of that. They want this on the side instead of on the sandwich. You know what.........forget it.......I'm just going to McDonalds!!!!

Peace

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Yeah, and all those driving ones above... I live in NJ so we have tons of poor and inconsiderate drivers.

Well, lets face it, the sadistic whackos who designed NJ's roads probably contribute more to that than anyone...

I don't think I've honestly EVER been more upset than I was when trying to get anywhere in Jersey. You miss an exit, well, 30 miles till you get to make a U-Turn!!!
Or the road signs that are about 6 inches in diameter....yeah, those are easy to read...thanks fellas!

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Advertizing and Media that use bad grammar

Now, all of us make mistakes. But if you are in the communication business, I expect you to utilize the rules of the language you are speaking.

For instance, a commercial on the radio with a man and woman and the phrase "you can send it to whoever you want." And "Who did you send it to?"

It's whom. it's called an indirect object "to" needs a "whom."

And don't end your sentence with a preposition if you are a professional.

You'd think a writer would know how to use the monosyllables in their home language!

Look. I live in the real world, too. I take pride in my mastery of English. I know that others don't. It's one thing in the grocery. But it is something else entirely when you are modelling the language on TV or radio.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Another one of my pet peeves is stupid people in general. (Good lord, I'm turning into Bill Engvall.)

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Turn signals. would it kill some people to click that little lever on their steering wheel?

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
People who talk for no apparent reason other than to just hear their own voice

Heffa's at work (office environment) who feel the need to express their jealousy of U simply because U take better care of yourself/dress better/do your hair (b**** please, U knew how U looked before U left the house and it has nothing to do with me so take that elsewhere)

People who make ASSumptions

Haters in general

People at your job who always HAVE to know what you're eating for lunch

People in my business in general

People who feel the need to cut U off in the fast lane only to go as slow as they were going in the middle lane

The standard of music and TV in 2005 (it's enough to make me throw up a little in my mouth
)

People who exit the freeway because there is traffic only to get off the same exit's entry way back on to the same freakin freeway (WTF ?)

The fashion sense of females I am seeing in 2005. Seriously, what is going on ? It never has been (and never will be) cool to look like a drag queen, transsexual or a whore so tell me why now? U know it was Christina Agu-whatever that started this trend and she should be shot and buried 3 times for it :shk:

And my all time biggest pet peeve ... People who stare at me.
And it happens quite alot for some odd reason. I mean I know why men are lookin (not to sound stuck up but that really is obvious, I have good "assets" if U will lol) but be it a man, woman or child, it is constant. I usually respond with (real loud) "Am I wearing something of yours ? WTF are U lookin at ?!"
that always gets em
I even went so far as to buy as many t-shirts and tank tops I could that clearly say "WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?" and when I am wearing one they usually actually look all shy and look away ctfu
Is this some secret of the Universe only I do not know of about myself ? lol

But yeah, there's just a few ....

[edit on 16-11-2005 by ImJaded]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Having to Use a public restroom for number 2, and finding that some primitive
didn't have enough sense to actually lift the lid while they Peed!(twice in my life i made kids clean it up cause i knew it was them who did it!)

Close friends who feel the need to relieve some pressure and cut one while i'm eating!

Parents who let their kids wander in my office when they come to buy a policy, Its cool to let your kids wander like ten feet away from you, but not to let them wander outside or into other offices!

Crying babies in a theater, and not having the sense to sit by the Isle.

When people Get had at you for almost hitting you with their car.

Girls i'm dating who start calling female numbers on my cellphone to see who the hell i'm talking too(thats warrants an automatic break up) especially seeing as how I have a brother named Kim and a female friend name Billy!

People that think its better to argue that your faith is wrong as opposed to actually discussing why they think you would benefit from trying out their own faith.

Renting a movie that you really want to watch and finding its too scratched to play

little dogs that bark alot at me.

When smelly kids want to sit on my lap. and there parents get mad cause i refuse.

people with bad breath who like to talk 5inches from my face.

Women that think that being "Pretty" is a personality trait.

Men who think that being Cocky or mistreating women makes them more of a
man

When Women are Catty with each Other for the simple fact that their jealous of each other. Totally pushing away someone without getting to know them.

the list goes on and on but i'll take a break here.

:bash::bnghd:

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

I hear you there--and I'm a mom. I think I'm pretty lucky--my son, who is going on 4, has never had a public tantrum (so far). He's pretty laid back. In fact, there was this one mother who pointed to my son and asked her child why they couldn't behave like mine!

Right there with the screaming brats!

Our daughter will be 4 in January and everytime we're out at least one person will remark at how polite she is by saying "excuse me, please or thank you". My wife and I just beam!

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
sorry, but I forgot my biggest pet peeves. I'll just narrow it down to the broadest of categories - bad drivers.

I drive a very powerful Mustang and a while back some MORON comes flying down the freeway behind me in a little 20 year old P.O.S. flashing his lights at me as if I'm supposed to move over for him! Did I forget to mention that I was already in the number three lane?

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
oooh yeah, how'd I forget about kids ?

kids.

[edit on 16-11-2005 by ImJaded]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Here's another one of my pet peeves. (Some of the firefighters here are gonna get berzerk over this one.) People that stop at an accident scene, all be it a car wreck or a fire and have the audasity to ask "What's going on?"

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
Here's another one of my pet peeves. (Some of the firefighters here are gonna get berzerk over this one.) People that stop at an accident scene, all be it a car wreck or a fire and have the audasity to ask "What's going on?"

Or, if you like, this shooting scene:

How 'bout when they ask "do you need any help?"

And you say, "yes. Could you ask everyone to please step back?"

And instead they roll the victim over (destroying evidece in the process), to "see who it is."

Does that peeve you off?

one response is to cuff em and stuff em, and radio dispatch that you are bringing in "accessory after the fact x 1."

That gets everyone's attention. You'll have plenty of room to work after that.

The JP usually plays along the next day, and arraigns em.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Personal gripes of mine that pertain to ATS in particular:

* Bad spelling/grammar
* Factual errors
* Ignorance & narrow-mindedness

All of the above tend to indicate laziness, arrogance and a certain sense of egotism. It is takes a little effort to make sure that the facts and words you present are correct but to not do it is inexcusable. It suggests that you don't care for the reader enough to go and research your facts/spellings correctly.

A couple of typos are inevitable. A post littered with them is just appalling.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
1) Health nuts, they always want you to try their shake or tell you how great the gym is.

2) Guys over 40 acting like they're still in their 20's. No dude, the 21 year old waitress dosen't think your "cute"
3) Drivers over 60, especially the ones that can't see over the steering wheel... "Beware the Blue Hair"....

4) Getting the wrong order at a fast food joint. Come on... it's not brain surgery..
5) Having the power go out right in the middle of a good tv show.
6) Spam mail - NO
I'm not a winner and if I was.... you wouldn't have my address...
7) People that live in the USA and REFUSE to learn ENGLISH!!!!:bash:
8) Having someone in a sportscar going 15 miles below the speed limit in the fast lane and finding out there's a grandpa behind the wheel....
9) When your girlfriend/wife/significant other wants to talk... right in the middle of TV primetime.
10) Pet peeve lists...

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Dr. you'll love this stupid people joke that I heard.

I'm going do the freeway, and I get caught in this traffic jam. So I get out of my car and I told the trucker that got his truck stuck that it looks like he got that truck wedged up under that low hanging overpass pretty well. We are sitting there for a few minutes, and this highway patrolman rolls up. He walks over to us and he had that look on his face. You know the look when someone is going to ask a really dumb question. So that trooper asks the trucker,"Did ya get your truck stuck?" Without hesitation the driver said, "Nope, I was delivering that overpass and I ran outta gas!"

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
There ya go.

I was always tickled by the well-to-do drunks who expected that their connections to get them out of a D.U.I.:

Him: "My great Uncle is the Mayor of Tyler, Texas!"

Me: "To bad you didn't have the good fortune to get drunk in Tyler, then."

Then we had the people who would insist I call their connection so the powerful person could chew me out at tell me to release them. "I demand that you call the attorney general, he was my dad's frat brother." If at all possible I'd make the call for them. Usually at 3 a.m. on a Sunday morning. NEVER ONCE did any of the high-n-mighty side with the perp, bythe way. But I always put 'em on the phone, to let them 'splane things. Then I could say.

"Good job! Are there any other public officials you'd like to PISS OFF before you get arraigned tommorow morning?!?!?!"

But my favorite is the people who think you get to pick and choose which laws should be applied to your crime. In Texas, 17 year olds are considered legal adults (except for alcohol, which is federally mandated). Kids from Kansas would come down here, and steal a car or something.

They'd say, "you can't put me in jail, I'm 17! I'm a minor in Kansas!"

Then I'd get to put on my little lost dorothy-virgin accent and say, "Oh my! I don't think we're in Kansas, anymore, Toto!"

Just thinking about booking all the perps and twirps makes me glad I found a real job.

Um, let's talk about office politics or something.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
In my job now, I have many bosses.

One of them, my pointy haired boss (actually LOOKS like the one in dilbert cartoons!) really gets on my nerves.

He thinks that the ultimate measure of a worker's ability is . . .

. . . how clean your desk is!

He has actually brought me a cardboard box to put all the junk on my desk in. Never mind that the "junk" was my work, which needed to go out the next day!

His desk is clean because he doesn't do squat! He spends all his time away from his desk.

This is the way I work. I have multiple projects I'm working on at the same time. I need all these charts and graphs. More importantly, people need some of the stuff on my desk. If I file it, my secretary can't find it when I'm not in. Plus, I got employee of the month in October! I think that gives me the friggin' right to keep my desk however it gets the job done!

His desk is only clean because it is not actually functioning as a desk. It only gets used as a sort of coffee-table with drawers. The only purpose it serves is to hold his coffee while he is down the hall, bothering someone who actually WORKS HERE

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
. . . how clean your desk is!

I'm kind of caught in between on this one. I work more efficiently with a clean desk and everything in it's place. Then slowly over a period of a month my desk becomes more and more FUBAR and I can't find things anymore. I could live with a semi-clean desk everyday but it just seems that I can't maintain it.

Another pet peeve of mine? When I go over to ATS and I see the same people arguing the same BS every single day. They never take a freakin' break.

Peace

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join