It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Israeli Legislators to Washington: If You Don't Stop Iran, We Will

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
If I were an Israeli president and I had "real evidence" (not George Bush type evidence) that Iran (a nation government sworn to destroy Israel) has or is close to having WMD's then I would if I had them.. use nukes and destroy completely all of Irans ability to make war, and its entire industrial base to include any and all ports.

If Israel does not do it while they still can, someday Iran will do it to Israel. Iran has indeed sworn to destroy Israel and continue to deny its very existance.

It is kill or be killed it is simple as that. Even the Iranian government admits it will destroy Israel.

I think the first line in the Iran constitution is, The right to destroy israel.. the right to pray, the right treat women like dogs etc...

Lucky for them I am not Israeli nor do I think the US should get involved. I might authorize maintenance on the aircraft warning radars between Israel and Iran if I were asked to do so though.. heh

X

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Oh yeah...they'll kick so much ass. :|

They could win if they use their 200 nukes. 40 nukes at each country will be effective i think. but after that, they will be nuked by everyone else...

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
I think the first line in the Iran constitution is, The right to destroy israel.. the right to pray, the right treat women like dogs etc...

You really must be a complete bigot to believe that line. Do you actually know any Iranians?

Iran might want to destroy Israel but they wont nuke the place. They would destroy Islamic holy places if they did. Theocrats dont really like destroying their own holy sites do they?

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
If I were an Israeli president and I had "real evidence" (not George Bush type evidence) that Iran (a nation government sworn to destroy Israel) has or is close to having WMD's then I would if I had them.. use nukes and destroy completely all of Irans ability to make war, and its entire industrial base to include any and all ports.

Dude...Iran already has WMDs. They've had them for years. They spend $10 billion a year on their military. Heck, even Ronny sold them weapons when it was illegal. This is not Iraq we're talking about here, this is a modernized country with a moderately advanced military.

[edit on 2005-10-6 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Source
Article 1
The form of government of Iran is that of an Islamic Republic, endorsed by the people of Iran on the basis of their longstanding belief in the sovereignty of truth and Qur'anic justice, in the referendum of Farwardin 9 and 10 in the year 1358 of the solar Islamic calendar, corresponding to Jamadi al-'Awwal 1 and 2 in the year 1399 of the lunar Islamic calendar (March 29 and 30, 1979], through the affirmative vote of a majority of 98.2% of eligible voters, held after the victorious Islamic Revolution led by the eminent marji' al-taqlid, Ayatullah al-Uzma Imam Khumayni.

That's the first line.

I can't even find 'Israel' mentioned once in their constitution.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Islam makes up roughly 20% of the Worlds population.

1.2billion people.

If Israel invades Iran, nobody can come to save them due to their being no reason for Israel to invade that Nation at the present moment. If you want the whole of those Islamic Nation's to side together, that will do it. Many of the moderate muslims will take an attack by Israel upon Iran as an attack by Judaism upon Islam.

Israel wouldnt invade they would simply take out the reactor with a air strike. They did it before with Iraq in 1981 and the Islamic Nation's didnt side together to counter attack Israel then.

But really even if they did Israel always has the Samson Option

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
ShadowXIX, the problem is Iran has them spread out and also is rumoured to have some under-ground so they would have to invade to destroy them. This would result in a massive counter attack and level of terrorism in Israel that they will have never seen...in fact it could result in a high level of moderate muslims being pushed to the extreme which is bad for the whole of the World.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Not sure if it got missed in all the hubbub, but Iran publicly answered Israel's threats:

Iran warns Israel against attacking nuclear sites - news.yahoo.com
Iran's parliament speaker warned Israel against any attempt to attack its nuclear facilities, and promised to "teach it a lesson" if it did.

"If Israel does something stupid and attacks our nuclear facilities like it did in
Iraq, we promise to teach it a lesson it will never forget," Gholam Ali Hadad-Adel said after talks with his Syrian counterpart in Damascus.

He was referring to a 1981 strike by Israel against the Osiraq nuclear reactor in Iraq, which the Jewish state suspected of developing atomic weapons.

"We will not give in," Hadad Adel said, citing the "right" of all countries to use nuclear energy for civilian energy purposes under the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT).

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Let's hope that both sides can cool off a bit. I think the Middle-East has seen enough turmoil and death for the time being...

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I can't even find 'Israel' mentioned once in their constitution.

you won't find mention of it because, according to Iran, it doesn't exist. They don't recognize Israel.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Israel [6.9 million] against all the Islamic Nation's? Isn't that nearly 300million people in that region?

Oh yeah...they'll kick so much ass. :|

Israel is more than capable of looking after itself, regardless of the odds. It has come out on top in both the Six Day War and the Yom Kippur War. It has managed using only conventional weapons to defeat muliple adversaries.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
So, Crakeur, the point made is moot than if they do not recognize it they can't have set it out to be destroyed in their constitution.

lev1978, those wars were at a very different stage and time. That time is no more and Israel will find it a lot harder to fight a war against the whole of the Muslim world, like so many people seem to think they should and can.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Those wars were a while ago. I was only trying to point out that Israel has the balls to take on numerically superior forces and win.

Israeli troops not only seem to be better armed but seem better motivated especially compared to my experiences with Egyptian forces.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   
okay, i'm new here and just caught up with the thread.

I've been following this nuke issue for about two years now, including alternative intelligence medias, and i want to make a point here about 'what proof do we have that Iran wants to create military nuke?
Even with no formal proofs, we have strong hints...

It has already been said here what kind of a political regime they have in Iran. I quote from memory an iranian official saying last year that only one (nuclear) bomb could destroy Israel... Hence the interest for them having the bomb... Yet, this is no proof.

They want to withdraw from NPT. right. this is no proof either, but strong hint.... The article IV of NPT says that if a state wanting to build an indigenous complete nuclear fuel cycle should be allowed to do so is a matter of interpretation. In the case of Iran, and with the proposed agreements between Iran and Russia, this could result in the producing of dozens of nukes a year, and would never been tolerated by the IEIA. Today, Iran is already capable of reprocessing spent nuclear fuel and irradiated uranium to get plutonium.

That's not all. In parallel, Iran is trying to get always more performant cruise missiles. The chinese HY-2/C-802 missile has been sold and developped in Iran under the name Ra'ad, modified as to bring its warhead at a range of roughly 200 kms. A launching base is being constructed on the very site of Iran's nuclear reactor. Ok, these waeapons are mainly naval at the moment, but redesigned versions could be efficiant on land-attack at a range of 800 kms.

All these informations were available in 2004 already, we dont know where we stand now, but iranian ability to produce nuclear weapons is greater day by day, and since it doesnt want to face its obligations in front of the international community, the ayatollas will most certainly be brought in front of the security council. If Russia puts a veto on any action against Iran, this wont leave Israel many option for her own security.

Now, who are the allies of shiite Iran? I can see only Syria and Palestinian Authority (to a certain extend). Egypt LOATHS Iran and wish she was the only superpower in the region alongside Israel. They would certainly not cry over the destruction of Iran's nuclear facilities by Israel.

Syria would voice out complaints and insults, but is not in a position to do any retaliation against Israel. The destruction of the nuclear facilities would not be the start of a war, but just a one-off operation made obligatory for the safety of Israel, due to non-compliance by Iran to its international obligations.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The destruction of Israel may not be in the first sentence of the Iranian constitiution but the Iranian Pres. certainly put his foot in it.

And if that isn't enough proof of Iran's aims for Israel, I don't know what is. Also seems to show exactly how much support Iran can count on as well.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Come on! Go Israel, just let us know when you have control of the entire Middle East.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lev1978
The destruction of Israel may not be in the first sentence of the Iranian constitiution but the Iranian Pres. certainly put his foot in it.

And if that isn't enough proof of Iran's aims for Israel, I don't know what is. Also seems to show exactly how much support Iran can count on as well.

Do you even have any clue how the Iranian Goverment works?

The Iranian President doesn't have as much power as people seem to think he does, he can easily be over-ruled. It is also clear that it isn't the view of the whole Iranian Goverment when the former President spoke out against it. [BBC News at 10:00.]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Isn't Iran controlled by a type of "jedi council" sorry i couldn't find the right words to describe it. I remember reading they have a Islamic Council.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Isn't Iran controlled by a type of "jedi council" sorry i couldn't find the right words to describe it. I remember reading they have a Islamic Council.

They have two Government's, one is pretty much a ruling council of Islamic members. They hold all the power. They can get the Army to do anything that they desire and it has been many years since they have even passed a comment on Israel for sometime now - or at least, not that I have seen.

The Rahbar is headed by Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, he is their Commander in Chief.

The President isn't the "Commander in Chief" he has to get permission from the Rahbar.

You then have the Guardian Council of the Constitution, with 12 members. Six members come from the Rahbar the other six members are part of the Judiciary.

You then have the Expediency Discernment Council of the System in Iran, which is there if the Guardian Council and the Majilis, which is headed by Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
No, I don't know how the Iranian govt works.

All I know is that the Head of State of Iran made those claims and his executive are now faced with a diplomatic nightmare in their attempts to placate everyone else.

And...although it is no defence, a great many other people will have read the article and drawn the same conclusion I did.

Also, another point I raised, and relevant to this thread is that Iran didn't seem to have much support from other islamic states, all seemed quick to distance themselves from the comments. All have their own self interest and it doesn't seem to be a united front against Israel.

Spelling

[edit on 28-10-2005 by lev1978]

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by lev1978
All I know is that the Head of State of Iran made those claims and his executive are now faced with a diplomatic nightmare in their attempts to placate everyone else.

No, the Head of State didn't.

[edit on 29/10/2005 by Odium]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join