It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Israeli Legislators to Washington: If You Don't Stop Iran, We Will

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
My opinion.Israel attacks Iran.Iran retaliates.Things get very ugly.If Iran begans to win,or uses some type of WMD,Israel will retaliate with nukes.This brings Russia and China in.They invade Israel and that leaves the U.S. no choice but to help Israel.Thus the beginning of WW3.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   
That they will not attack.

Out of subject, what's Contributor?

[edit on 2-10-2005 by Vitchilo]

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I would love to find out how Pakistan and India feel on this issue. Don't they both possess nuclear arms. Also the only reason why Isreal has lasted this long is because America has had its back since the beginning. So if Isreal went off and attacked Iran by themselves, I don't doubt that other countries would back up Iran to take out Isreal.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Final
I would love to find out how Pakistan and India feel on this issue. Don't they both possess nuclear arms.

Good idea! Maybe we could ask them? Anyone speaking india/pakistan language that could send an email to their government?

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
We have plenty of air support in the region -- the Iranian Air Force would be utterly devestated if it tried to cross Iraqi air space. I'm sure they'd just fire missiles at Tel Aviv as retaliation.

Would it?

It is up to the Iraqi Government not hte U.S. if they fly over.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Would it?

The Iraqis have no control over our military missions -- their only right is to ask us to completely leave.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Would it?

The Iraqis have no control over our military missions -- their only right is to ask us to completely leave.

Actually they have the right to their own air space.

You also do not think America shooting down Iranian air-craft will result in even more terrorist attacks?

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   

You also do not think America shooting down Iranian air-craft will result in even more terrorist attacks?

Who cares? A few suicide bombers aren't going to do the damage the entire Iranian Air Force could do!

[edit on 10/2/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Who cares? A few suicide bombers aren't going to do the damage the entire Iranian Air Force could do to Israel!

And?

The Israeli Air Force has no right to bomb Iran because they do not wish to see them having something.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Good let Israel fight it's own battle for once. They want to fight Iran, good for them, and good luck.
I'm thousands of miles away and my "kosher" Milk is Four dollars a gallon and my gas isn't far behind it, I'm sick of watching our money going down Sharon's Gullet, and I SURE AS HELL wouldn't send my kids off to fight for them.

Israel has fought it's own wars and battles for a long while now....even against several Arab countries at the same time, and they have been able to win every time. Not one US soldier or any other soldier from western countries helped them in their wars. And btw....before someone starts proclaiming that the US armed Israel with nuclear weapons....you should check who really armed Israel with nukes.....

Perhaps you should check up on history before making such wild and false remarks.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
twitchy is always getting steamed over the cost of "kosher milk"

for someone who is so bothered by the apparent jewish controlled milk industry, he should switch to soy milk. it might also help make him less irritable.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
What Would You Do? - Put Yourself In Their Shoes

There has been a lot of Israel bashing for policies its had that really have nothing to do with the issue at hand which is, will Israel take matters into its own hands like it did with Iraq.

Given the current political situation and the possibility that Iran will soon have nuclear weapons,

What would you as leader of Israel do? - What as leader of Iran would you do?

The only rules being that you have to use the existing military/political framework as it is today.

You cannot reveal sources or methods without losing them.

Hoping this might be a better way of discussion rather than pointless defence of one side or the other.

Seriously what would you do?

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The question is how? They can duplicate the Osirak attack using F-15 and F-16's and hit a few sites here and there, but as a pratical matter they could not invade Iran. Nor could they conduct a prolonged bombing campaign to hit all the sites without US help.

Its posturing on both sides. This includes the surfacing reports of threats by Iran to reduce oil production (They pump 4 million barrels a day and are second only to Saudi Arabia)

Coupled with the fact that the Iranians are not stuipid either. many sites are underground and after watching the USAF and RAF pick thorough the intergrated air defence of Iraq and Serbia, no doubt facilites are well disbursed and many simply out of the range of teh IAF at any rate.

The Mossad may have some limited sucsess with a few strikes, but not enough to realy curtail a determined Iran.

[edit on 10/2/05 by FredT]

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
So, is there any evidence to show that Iran is planning to make nukes? Is there any reason why Iran is being denied its rights under the NPT? Or is this just another WMD fiasco?

No straight-faced Powell with faked pics this time? I don't know why they don't just do that again. It's so easy, look:

[edit on 2005-10-2 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Madagascar has the bomb!

I hope that people in America won't believe this crap of WMD again...

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

The Israeli Air Force has no right to bomb Iran because they do not wish to see them having something.

Iran having "the bomb" is an absolutely nightmare inducing scenario for every human being on the planet, as it would result in nothing less than another nuclear arms race, and eventually, the death of billions of lives.

Iran cannot and must not be allowed to become a nuclear power.

Israel would be fully within their rights, and I would support them 100%, if they bombed the ever living hell out of the Iranian nuclear sites.

The Mulahs in Iran are a danger to every living thing on this planet, because fundementalism is a destructive force of absolute annihilation.

Convert or die.

Not only is it hubris, but it's absolute insanity to sit idly by and allow them to develop such a weapon.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Convert Or Die.

Wasn't this already use in the Cold War?

Convert to Capitalism Or Die (if you're a communist of course)

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Convert Or Die.

Wasn't this already use in the Cold War?

Convert to Capitalism Or Die (if you're a communist of course)

That's one way to look at it, unless you're standing in a bread line.

Capitalism, for all its fundemental problems, is still better for society than Communism ever could be. Communism failed, because it relied on the strength of the group, over the strength of the individual person.

Communism was just an absolute disaster on a global scale.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
If we could do the PURE communism, it would be very good.

And also the early years of the capitalism was very good too.

But there is always people like Bush's family, Rothschild.. ect.. those greedy people who want more power, they are the real problem!

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
If we could do the PURE communism, it would be very good.

And also the early years of the capitalism was very good too.

But there is always people like Bush's family, Rothschild.. ect.. those greedy people who want more power, they are the real problem!

Cronyism is eroding capitalism's ability to be a mechanism for good social change. The promise of capitalism is that anyone, through hard work alone, should be able to make a good life for themselves and their families.

It's a struggle to keep that ideal whole, because Capitalism also creates this "I got mine" mentality, which is self destructive. A little greed is good, because it creates innovation and an incentive for efficiency. A lot of greed is bad, because it stifles innovation and the incentive for efficiency.

That being said, a purely capitalistic society won't work. To really survive, it needs a social contract and a a public safety net, otherwise it just becomes just another form of serfdom, which inevitably results in revolution.

One kind or another.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join