It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'Morning After Pill' - Murder or a condom in pill form?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Now. . . Will you please leave my choices and other people choices alone and private?.

You have to understand that what you glorify on and believe of is not necessarily what others believe also.

I certainly do understand that most people do not believe what I believe. You talk about choices. And that everyone has a right to choose what they believe is truth. Obviously people are doing that everyday. About 10 days ago in my community a woman shot her boyfriend twice and killed him. She made a choice. She chose to end his life for whatever reason. She's now in jail for her choice.

I can't believe the nerve of the police who arrested her for doing this. How dare they say her choice was wrong. We should leave people's choices alone, she should have her privacy, after all, this is her life and she should live it like she wants.

I have an honest question. I'm not trying to be sarcastic or belittle you. Don't you see how that doesn't make sense? Without a compass mankind will do whatever feels right at the moment. There has to be a right and wrong or we are no more than an animal(which is what some think anyway). Mankind is different, and there is a God who wants us to know Him and who He is and He desires that we follow Him and be like Him.

I cannot just let people think that there isn't a right and wrong, because there is. This woman who shot her boyfriend found out that human officials say she crossed a line. So there is a right and wrong and it extends to every and anycircumstance.

The police arrested her and now her attention is focused on her choice as she sits in the jail cell. I have to say once again there is a storm once again heading for the US that is projected to be a hurricane. It started forming on the day this latest decision on the morning after pill was announced. God is also trying to get our attention about the things we as a nation say is right and wrong. How many of us are listening?

Job 37:[9] Out of the south cometh the whirlwind: and cold out of the north.
[10] By the breath of God frost is given: and the breadth of the waters is straitened.
[11] Also by watering he wearieth the thick cloud: he scattereth his bright cloud:
[12] And it is turned round about by his counsels: that they may do whatsoever he commandeth them upon the face of the world in the earth.
[13] He causeth it to come, whether for correction, or for his land, or for mercy.

verse 9 Whirlwind=hurricane
verse 13 causes it for correction

It really cannot be said any simpler than this. The Bible isn't unknowable if you have your ears opened to hear what it is saying.

[edit on 26-8-2006 by dbrandt]

[edit on 26-8-2006 by dbrandt]

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

I cannot just let people think that there isn't a right and wrong, because there is. This woman who shot her boyfriend found out that human officials say she crossed a line. So there is a right and wrong and it extends to every and anycircumstance.

What you believe or not is your Choice and what people do or not is their personal choices for any reason, they are the ones that have to deal with the consequences of their choices.

Is not your right or mine or anybody else to bring religion into personal affairs because your God and your believes may not be the same for somebody else.

That is my point db.

We are discussing an issue that has to do with ethics more than with morals.

And when morals are brought into any discussion religion is use to justify question and answers.

The problem is . . . that it doesn't work at least with me.

I will discuss the Ethics on this new choice for women when it comes to matters of controlling unwanted pregnancies.

That is the issue I think is great and I am very happy that will be available.

Now on the ethical issue I wonder if like a member before me stated somebody make use it to put it in a girls drink without her knowing.

That is an ethical question that we most answer to it.

So db do you think that women should protect themselves from unwanted pregnancies?

Or your opinion is to religious to answer without bringing God into the matter.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   

We are discussing an issue that has to do with ethics more than with morals.

And when morals are brought into any discussion religion is use to justify question and answers.

The problem is . . . that it doesn't work at least with me.

Or your opinion is to religious to answer without bringing God into the matter.

And here we are at the root of the probelm.

You say that god is something/someone that you put on a "shelf". When needed or you "feel" like it, go to the "shelf" and access god, then when no longer needed or god doesn't agree with you, put god back on the shelf and say, "I'm going to have to go it alone on this one, your not needed this time around".

You see that is the whole difference with being a christian. Since we say that we have accepted Christ, that means salvation and then we are further on in the process. God doesn't just save us then say, "Have a nice day, I'll check back with you in 40 years to see how things are going". At salvation the Holy Spirit comes to literally dwell in us. Not once in a while, but He is in us 24/7. Every moment of the day He desires to be with us. That is part of the reason He has done salvation the way He has, so that He can be as close to us as possible and we can be as close to Him as possible. This every moment thing is important to Him.

So if He is with us 24/7 that means He is takes part in everything we go through each moment of the day. Every thought, action and descision is to filter through Him first.

So there is a HUGE difference with how we view God and how involved He is to be in our lives.

For a christian, God should be your last thought before you fall asleep and your first thought when you wake up in the morning.

On this there is no compromise.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
dbrandt

See that is the problem with your post, they are Preaching post and doesn't bring anything to the issue at hand of what is been discussed, but a religious and your own personal point of view.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   
The M.A.P Is a great idea.

The worlds population is alreayd spiralling because of lax contraception.

How can it be murder, when it is a CELL, and EGG... not a human being.

If my friend punches me in the arm, kills various cells when it bruises. can I therefore charge him with murder?

This is a case of the minority group having a say, when there isnt any action needed. the morning after pill is a great idea, and one that should remain.

In todays world, when two teenagers have a child due to an accidental pregnancy... the only person that is going to suffer there ENTIRE life.. is the child.

No money to live a proper life, parents are too young to support a child and the devotion of a loving family is VOID.. when you have a baby to young.

It doesnt surprise me bush trying to stop the morning after pill...
he seems as stupid as they come.
2 man made abilities which are vital to the happieness and health of human beings are being questtion because of Religous ethical notions.

How many people have been murdered in religions name?
and how many human beings have been murdered from the morning after pill.?

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:08 AM
link   
So, a pill that prevents pregnancy by stopping any potential embryoes from implanting. So there was never a pregnancy.

Contraception, not abortion.

It takes roughly three days for an egg to be fertalised after sex, the same amount of time the MAP can be effective.

It prevents pregnancy, no different to a condom, the pill or the Vatican approved 'pull out and pray!'

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Is not your right or mine or anybody else to bring religion into personal affairs because your God and your believes may not be the same for somebody else.

half agree with that

religious people do have the right to bring God into the debate because that is the basis of their belief system.
On the other hand, any religious person should know, that preaching never gets you anywhere (well, hardly ever) and as you rightly pointed out, there is free will.
Live and let live...thats my motto...God gave us free will. THATS what religious people need to understand. And because God gave us free will, we cant go preaching to someone when they act in a way which goes against what WE believe.

In other words, you cant, as a Christian or Muslim, say....I believe in God and God gave you free will......and then say...you shouldnt be doing this, its against our religion.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by speight89
What I know about it is that it destroys the fertilised egg, and I believe that it is wrong, and so is all other ways of contraception, whats the point of having sex when you don't want to have a baby?

Ummm... because it's a lot of fun? And no it doesn't destroy the fertilised egg.
Sheesh, that question just got my eyebrows shooting up. No offence, but please reconsider.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join