It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'Morning After Pill' - Murder or a condom in pill form?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
It's all just another 'No sperm left behind' plan by Bush. Seriously, if you can't even do what you want to your own body, then what illusion of freedom can you say we even have?

Very true, No Sperm Left Behind, imagine that as a campaign slogan. It would win the bible belt no doubt. Wait, republicans already rule the sheep, er, religous in the bible belt.

ANyways, a woman's body is her body, and the Bible clearly states a fetus isn't human. It says specifically that you don't get a soul until you take the first breath, the breath of life. No soul, no humanity, no murder.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Originally posted by speight89
What I know about it is that it destroys the fertilised egg, and I believe that it is wrong, and so is all other ways of contraception, whats the point of having sex when you don't want to have a baby?

I think you belong in the dark ages or you have been rob of your enjoyment as a human being.

Sorry but life is just more than a whole bunch of religious pushers telling you what and what to do with your life.

Sex for the human body is not only for reproduction but for enjoyment that is why our bodies were given all it needs to make it as pleasurable as it can be.

Pregnancy or fertilization is tabu between religious groups because it only falls on the female of the human species.

Kegs if the sperm is to become sacred then it will be a lot of males out there fishing in their toilet bowls.
to cover up for their sins.

As a 'religious person' A.K.A. Christian, I want to say that sex IS NOT only for the attempt at having children. True, we aren't supose to kill our babies, but there is nothing wrong with keeping ourselves from getting pregnent in the first place. (And the bible says sex is for pleasure and that we aren't supose to tell our spouses "no".)

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Originally posted by dawnstar
In this case, do we want to let some of those who would enter this world be prevented from doing so.....maybe, then again, who knows, maybe they just go and find another suitable host to form their body in!!!

I think you bring a very good issue here, perhaps one of the reason Christianity is so against believing in Reincarnation is due to the fact that will put abortion obsolete and meaningless in their pursue of control.

The top quote - I was completely clueless as to the content and meaning... then I read the second post and figured the 1st poster may not have been talking about the movie 'alien' after all. lol

But I wanted to say that the word Christianity seems to have alot more meaning to people than I assumed it did. I thought everyone knew that it ment we believed in God, the Bible, Jesus etc.

But at least for my none-denominational and independant church - we certainly do want control... but to control ourselves, not others. As far as why not believe in reincarnation - simply because the bible says no. That's all we need to hear and it's a done deal for us.

But why would reincarnations validity have anything to do with murder? Even if there was such a thing, you couldn't just kill someone because you figured they'd come back again anyway.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Well I am very happy with the sell of the morning after pill.

Is about time that women has control over what they want or not rather than religious zealots dictating what we can do or not.

Religion needs to be exposed for what it is.

A way to control gender specialy women.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I wonder if they will end up arresting guys all over the US for slipping them into girls drinks or food the morning after.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite8
I wonder if they will end up arresting guys all over the US for slipping them into girls drinks or food the morning after.

Good question . . . even my twenty year old son asked me if men were allow to buy them over the counter or it was only for women.

Very good point and a valid issue.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I really don't know how something like that would be classified. I doubt they could call that murder for the simple fact that ,"it" , was only potential life and not life itself. On the other hand, slipping anything into anyones food or drink without their permission is a violation of them. It doesn't matter whether it hurts them or helps them. Without consent I feel it would be morally wrong. Whether it will be a violation of the law, I don't know. Its an over the counter drug now, so thats changes things a bit.

Like your son, I don't think it would be bad to have one around, especially if you are active with a partner. If you are close enough to have sex with a girl, you are close enough to ask her if she will take the "morning after pill". The decision she makes at that point is hers and hers alone.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by speight89
What I know about it is that it destroys the fertilised egg, and I believe that it is wrong, and so is all other ways of contraception, whats the point of having sex when you don't want to have a baby?

OK...

First: I will assume your are a man, if not correct me please. I am a man, being a man I do not carry a child around, I do not give birth, there for I ask you, as a man to a man, how is it that you find it your choice what a women does when you experience nothing like it? - morality for sure, though ask your self is it morality that belongs to you and or effects you in any way shape or form.

Second: This is not to be used as a condom replacement, while there may infact be those ignorant enough to take it everytime they have sex simply because they don't want to take the pill or use a condom, but honestly, do want those people breeding anyways?

Third: if all these cells, which do not belong to you in any way, are so important and that all should be saved, do you scorn women for allowing themselves to have their period and allowing a perfectly good egg to go to waste. She should have let someone fertalize it right, to preserve the sanctity of life eh?

Lastly: If you do not want this pill, if you do not want a girl who was raped the night before, who might have gotten to drunk at a party, who has been pressured into sex with a boyfriend, if you think your morality is so high as to cast judgement onto these women, you rather the alternative of ruining their lives, possibly their family, possibly their careers, their education, their relationships, their health and would you honestly rather thousands, maybe millions of children to grow up in orphanages?

Also, what is the point of having sex if you don't want a baby.... what is the need for a reason then to just want to get it on one night? There is no need to reason for sex then to have sex for sex's sake.

[edit on 8/24/2006 by Rockpuck]

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

But for those of us who are female, the morning after pill is a two tablet peace of mind kit. Generally, say, if you had sex the night before, and say your condom broke, you forgot to take your birth control pill, or got drunk and had unprotected sex, or the boyfriend didnt pull out early enough, the morning after pill is your second line of defense against unwanted pregnancy.

Why is self control not an option?

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theory Man
and the Bible clearly states a fetus isn't human. It says specifically that you don't get a soul until you take the first breath, the breath of life. No soul, no humanity, no murder.

Life begins at conception.
Job 3:3 Let the day perish wherein I was born, and the night in which it was said, There is a man child conceived.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
"Job 3:3 Let the day perish wherein I was born, and the night in which it was said, There is a man child conceived."

Right so then, please read my post above.

And for my direct question to your friend: Your religion is your own, your belief is yours alone, you cannot, should not expect others to kneel to your religions words from a book they may not think entirely correct.

You have no way to judge another persons religion, and if they are not christian you have no right to spit your words in their face and tell them they are less human because they don't meet your standards of morality.

Who are you to judge?

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodsWarrior
They had to give me a blood test to make sure I wasn't already pregnant. The doctor informed me that if I was, he could not prescribe me the pill. Luckily I wasn't. He prescribed it to me and I went to the pharmacy and was able to purchase it. So from what I gather from that experience and what I have read, it is not supposed to be taken if you are already pregnant. It is meant to be a back up contraceptive in case the first one didnt work out so well

You seriously believe if someone finds out they are pregnant and they don't want to be, that they will simply say "Oh darn, I'm already pregnant ,I guess I can't go to walmart and ask for the plan B pill."

This pill being an over the counter drug will now lead to rampant abuse and misuse of it. Shame on President Bush for allowing this to happen.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
And for my direct question to your friend: Your religion is your own, your belief is yours alone, you cannot, should not expect others to kneel to your religions words from a book they may not think entirely correct.

You have no way to judge another persons religion, and if they are not christian you have no right to spit your words in their face and tell them they are less human because they don't meet your standards of morality.

Who are you to judge?

I express what christianity is so that others know that there is a God in Heaven and and there is right and wrong. Some will want to know more and seek to find out more and hopefully come to Jesus Christ for salvation. Some will not want to know more and will become irritated. That's what will happen.

I see no where in my post that I called someone less human. We are talking about what is right and what is wrong. We are all on the same earth, having to deal with the same issues everyday. There is a book and a God that desires to help free us from troubles. This God loves you just as much as He loves me. I am not greater than you.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Mmmm spare me.

It is your god, your book, your stories and your version of what is right and wrong.

In my opinion a poor women who can't affoard birth control having 10 kids and consuming welfare is more wrong then the same women with 1 or no children thanks to that pill.

Though, your book is a judge for all and will decide what others do is right and wrong, and though not everyone is of that religion your stop the passage of laws to better society like this pill, and others like stem cell research. Your god, your book, your stories, and in your own time when you have sex just to have children and only then and never again, you don't have to use the pill.

For those who choose their own life style and do not worship your book then it is for them alone to decide what to do for themselves. Not yours.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
For those who choose their own life style and do not worship your book then it is for them alone to decide what to do for themselves. Not yours.

So where in my posts does it say you can't decide for yourself what to do. I'm passing out information. I have no power to make you do anything. I'm informing people of what is right and wrong according to the God of the Bible. Now He has the power to change you, or if you want Him to leave you alone He will do that also.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   
With this issue i stand undecided, I am not a religous person so my views are my own not some nut job church or anything like that. I do agree woman have a choice, but what about a husband whose wife would sneak around his back and take the pill without his knowing now that would be wrong, however if a woman was raped i agree 100% take the pill. But we all need to take care of our bodies, and ingesting poisons into your bodies that may have some heavy side effects down the road is not the answer. We all need to be more responsable.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I'm against abortion, disagree with the "morning after pill", I believe that life begins at conception, sex can always lead to pregnancy.

I'm just wondering why the gov't is controlling us like a big brother. Shouldn't a woman/couple decide for themselves what is best instead of the gov't?

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   
BTW, the MA pill will not stop a pregnancy. Once conception begins, the pill is of no use and will not harm the fetus.

Mother Nature is a tough 'ole lady to stop.

-Sour
[just dropping in to correct an issue brought into the discussion a few posts back.]

[edit on 25-8-2006 by SourGrapes]

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes

Once conception begins, the pill is of no use and will not harm the fetus.

Mother Nature is a tough 'ole lady to stop.

-
[edit on 25-8-2006 by SourGrapes]

There are many instances where a drug comes on the market as a safe drug, only to find out years later it causes severe side effects. So saying it will not harm the fetus or the person taking out remains to be seen.

There is no such thing as mother nature, only Father God.

It's still a form of abortion.

[edit on 25-8-2006 by dbrandt]

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
dbrandt

You believes and your faith are only yours to glorify and to keep. You don't have to have an abortion if you don't want it and you don't have to have sex if you don't want it . . . you are neither force to get condom or ask a woman if she is on birth control or not.

Those are your choices pick by you and glorify under your believes and your God.

I respect them. . .

Now. . . Will you please leave my choices and other people choices alone and private?.

You have to understand that what you glorify on and believe of is not necessarily what others believe also.

So Understand that and live life as you which . . .

Its call free will

[edit on 25-8-2006 by marg6043]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join