It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my Handspring Visor is dying......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I have an old Handspring Visor that is nearing the end of it's life I think -- it won't hold a charge any more - so it looks like I am on a search for a replacement. I would like to easily transfer my old stuff over to the new one. I have a new Powerbook that I haven't even sync'd my Visor to yet. (still have the ibook I was using too)

I like the size of this and how thin it was so that would be a consideration. I use this many times a day - and would be lost without it. Help Please!!

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Model? BAttery Type?

HAve you tried looking for a replacement battery yet?

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kalapadea
Model? BAttery Type?

HAve you tried looking for a replacement battery yet?

Can't change the battery -- so I have been told (tried to write to them awhile ago [read years ago] for information)

For some reason the name Edge is sticking in my mind -- this thing is old - and it doesn't say anything on it other than Visor with the Handspring emblem on it.

Sorry I don't have more info to give you.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Try looking on the back, for either a serial, or model number.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
BGBED111701YG is the only thing I can find that is on it...... thanks

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I'll look for more information tonight, I'm assuming you have the regular old Visor. Not a Deluxe or anything.

Can you look on the back again, are there any components that you are able to open? Even with a screwdriver.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
looks like 6 tiny screws would take off the entire back -- if it tells you anything -- it has a silver metal stylus that is the only one that will hook to the side.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Well that's bad news, means the battery is internal only.

Perhaps like this one: www.webatts.com...

Which means you would have to order the battery, then install it yourself. Are you up to that?

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I'm getting an error for that page but this is what it looks like only in blue

link

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Try this? : Blue?

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
That's it -- exactly. You are good --

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
HAve to contact Palm (who bought handspring's line) at Repairs

EDIT: nevermind, service is no longer available for these.

Service notice for Visor and Treo 90 handhelds:
Repair services are no longer available from Palm for Visor and Treo 90 handheld products. Please consider purchasing a new handheld or seek third-party options for repair services or spare parts. Posted: 5 May 2005.

www.palm.com...

[edit on 9/28/2005 by Kalapadea]

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I'm trying to locate a battery pack.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Isn't it typical there is something that is fantastic and they do away with them.

Thanks for your help.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Well, I've scoured the web, and after all the instructiuons for installing your own replacment battery. .... Its not worth it.

If possible buy something off ebay, it not, oh well. I mean, it lasted a long time right? Sorry.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Thanks for all your help -- I do appreciate it -- do you have any suggestions to replace it with -- trying to stay within the same size if possible -- and ease to transfer info over to the new. If it is any help in a decision I have new PowerBook -- using Mac OS 10.4.2

top topics

join