It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music in Sleep

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Final

Originally posted by Majestic12
As far as dictating your draems through the music I think it is possible. I remember my grandmother purchased some sleep system which incorporated new age music.

Well doesn't it go back to the old dream of being able to study if you listened to your lecture notes? Sorry I just thought of that, maybe it uses the same ideas. Because I also heard that your eyes sorta discharge everything you see in a day to form a dream, so I am thinking that maybe music is the sound part of your dream. But what I find really odd, that if I am not listening to music there seems to be no noises in my dream. Maybe thats normal, but I have never seemed to have payed much attention to my dreams before.

I have heard of that method too, I wanted to use it in learning a foreign language but I didn't because the idea of it sounded absurd. I suppose the slow of natural sound of the new age music forces your mind into relaxation. I know there is one method which is rather difficult to execute: in mid-dream if you make your conscious mind become aware that you are dreaming then you can control it.

In my dreams (the ones I can recall) there is rarely any noise aside from dialouge.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   

in mid-dream if you make your conscious mind become aware that you are dreaming then you can control it.

I have heard this many times before too, but it seems that I wake up when I realize that I am in a dream.

In my dreams (the ones I can recall)

Is there a better way of remembering dreams, I dunno but when I listen to music I seem to have a dream almost every night that I can remember.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Not really, normally whenever I am going through my daily activities I can recall them.

I have used this method before, but the feeling in unpleasant. You feel as if you are in foreign land.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Not really, normally whenever I am going through my daily activities I can recall them.

Has anyone else heard of the idea, that you can have like 8 dreams in a single night, or that your dream is cramed into the last 8 secs (or mins I can't remember) of sleep?

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
When I dream it either stays on one particular subject or doesn't. When it doesn't it is just sparratic, random, inane, and totally nonsensible.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Final
I have heard this many times before too, but it seems that I wake up when I realize that I am in a dream.

This is an extremely common reaction to experiencing lucid dreaming for the first time. Many of my friends, whom I have taught lucid dreaming techniques to, have experienced excatly this - they realise they are in a dream and, before they can do any cool stuff, they wake up disappointed. Overcoming this very common obstacle is simply a matter of practice and patience. When you first experience a lucid dream, it is an extremely exciting feeling. However, it can also be overwhelming. Try to simply acknowledge that you have awoken in a dream and do nothing else. The more complex stuff comes with time and practice

Is there a better way of remembering dreams, I dunno but when I listen to music I seem to have a dream almost every night that I can remember.

The absolute best way to remember your dreams is to keep a dream diary. This need not be anything too complex - a simple notepad and pen will do fine. When you wake up, try and jot down as much as you can remember regarding your dreams, even if it is simply portions or feelings or vague notions. Doing so over time increases your capacity to recall the details of your dreams, to the point where you will remember several dreams each night, which kind of addresses your other question.

Final
Hopefully, within the next week or so I will be posting a PODcast entitled Lucid Dreaming for Dummies in which I outline the tips and techniques I have used to develop my lucid dreaming skills. I just need to get a microphone

[edit on 27/9/05 by Jeremiah25]

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I like the idea of PODcasts, do you have to have an IPod in order to listen to them? I would very much like to listen to your lecture.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I like the idea of PODcasts, do you have to have an IPod in order to listen to them? I would very much like to listen to your lecture.

No, you do not need an iPod to listen to PODcasts. Simply click on the .mp3 link to download the PODcast and then listen to it on whatever mp3 player you wish. This can be a portable mp3 player or one on your computer, such as iTunes, Quicktime or WinAmp.

Give me about a week or so for the lucid dreaming cast. I just need to get a decent microphone and I'm kind of busy at the moment. I will try my best to get it posted soon, though.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join