It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Blood Clan Driving

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I got this email from my boss at work the other day, and I thought it was funny because he took it seriously, I replied and told him it was just a myth and it seems to get circulated every year.

> Police Officers working with the DARE program have issued this warning: If
> you are driving after dark and see an on-coming car with no headlights on,
> DO NOT FLASH YOUR LIGHTS AT THEM! This is a common Bloods gang member
> "initiation game" that goes like this:=3D20
>
> The new gang member under initiation drives along with no headlights, and
> the first car to flash their headlights at him is now his"target." He is
> now required to turn around and chase that car, then shoot and kill every
> individual in the vehicle in order to complete his initiation
> requirements.
>
> Police Depts across the nation are being warned that September 23rd and
> 24th is the "blood" initiation weekend. Their intent is to have all the
> new bloods nationwide drive around on Friday and Saturday nights with
> their
> headlights off. Please forward this message to all your friends and
> family
> members to inform them about this initiation ritual. You can save
> someone's life if you heed to this warning.

Now, I know its an urban legend because I've gotten this email every year, just with new names, or new sources. So far this weekend, I've had numerous people tell me that it's real. People I don't know, people who were waiting in line at the movies tonight!

On my way home, I saw (well, it was kinda hard to see you know, at night?) at least 6 cars with their lights off driving in the opposite direction. Is this some kind of joke? What a bunch of *SNIP*! To take something like this (I feel sorry for anyone who gets fooled by this) and try to make it "real". I, being the crazy driver I am, DARING the drivers to "track me down" Flashed my lights at every single one.

All but one car totally ignored me, and the one, went about half a mile down the road behind me, flicked on his lights, turned around, and flicked them off "giving chase". LOL, what a moron. The road I'm on is "Rt. 27" in Maryland, near Westminster (USA). It's a long, fast, 2 lane road with passing zone most of the time, speed limit is 55 MPH, but no one goes below 60. Speeding traps are common, and I admit I have a radardetector (legal here).

So i'm driving down the road with this guy behind me on a less trafficked road, at night, with no lights. If I wasn't me, and I wasn't a little crazy, I'm sure I'd be spooked. But no, not me, I decided to keep playing his little game until we got to the city, so that gave me about 30 miles. I waited until the longest stretch, I sped ahead, turned off MY lights, turned off on a side road and waited for him to pass me. I then got back on the road (with lights still off) Tailgated that little *SNIP*, and got out my spotlight. You're probably thinking "omg this guy is crazy" or "hah what can he do with a spotlight?" Let me tell you, I have a 10 MILLION candlepower portable spotlight, this thing is a monster. I get up right on him, point it at his car from my window (I held it outside) and let fly the beautifully bright beam. He immediately floors it, speeds up till about 90 MPH, and I didn't even bother to keep up.

I think, if my radar detector hadn't gone off, I would have chased that guy till I reached 1/4 tank. It did go off, I slowed, turned on my lights, just in time to go over a hill, and see that guy getting cuffed against his car surrounded by State Troopers.

I just wanted to share a crazy night, after all, it's all related to that damn urban legend, those things are dangerous.

[edit on 13-10-2005 by John bull 1]

====
Mod Edit: Snips applied. Do not evade the automatic censor with alternate text or abbreviations, please.
Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 17/9/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Too cool. I just love seeing the tables turned.

We don't get crap like that in rural KY. Most people have an arsenal hanging in their pick-up truck back window. The bloods may turn and chase you down but chances are their little handguns turned sideways aren't going to do much against and 30-06 or 12 guage (00 buckshot) in the hands of somebody that knows how to use them. Every other redneck out here is a volunteer sherriff's deputy which gives them legal right to open fire...in their opinion.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Saw this about three weeks ago.
It is just another chain-letter email.
When I first saw the email, I tried checking it out and came up dry.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Snopes says this is an Urban Legend which can be traced back atleast twenty years.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Yea, thats what I saw, the snopes article.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
This sounds very reminiscent of the so-called 'Zebra Killings' that started out in California in the mid to late 1960's, according to Urban Legends At that time, individuals who wanted to join a splinter group of the Black Panthers were required, according to rumors that might not have been true (i.E., Urban Legend) to kill a certain number of Caucasians in order to be considered for membership in the splinter group. Since then, this Urban Legend has taken on various forms and this is it's latest manifestation.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Kalapadea

lmao, that is darn hilarious.
especially the bit about you spooking him back and then him flooring it, only to get a nice ticket and some silver bracelets from the police a few k's up the road

flagged and starred, im truely wiping tears of laughter from my eyes as i type.... 10mil candle power is like turning a boeing landing light on the poor chump

[edit on 8/1/08 by Obliv_au]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
nothing but

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

That is absolutely hillarious! I would love to have been able to see the look on that jerk's face when you lit him up with that beast of a spotlight. The spotlight on my patrol is 2 million candlepower, if i recall correctly, so I can't even imagine what a 10 million candlepower one would put out.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by deputydawg611

That is absolutely hillarious! I would love to have been able to see the look on that jerk's face when you lit him up with that beast of a spotlight. The spotlight on my patrol is 2 million candlepower, if i recall correctly, so I can't even imagine what a 10 million candlepower one would put out.

I've got a 17.5 mil now :S Not to mention a 125mw green laser pointer.

Stuff like this has actually happened more than once now, I heard it's a game the highschoolers play in westminster.

I'm surprised your patrol has such a small light.

new topics

top topics

join