It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Brotherhood That Knows No Bounds...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I just love reading about stuff like this... Reminds me of the Memorial post I made mot long ago...

A fraternal bond

When Union troops occupied Port Royal (South Carolina] in 1864, one of their soldiers broke into the town's Masonic lodge.

He stole seven sterling-silver jewels owned by the area's Masons, many of whom fought for the Confederates. Shortly thereafter, the thief brandished the jewels to a fellow Union soldier, Emory Packard, who just happened to be a Freemason from Massachusetts.

Although the valuables belonged to the enemy, Packard pleaded for his comrade to return them. Finally, he convinced the man to sell him the stolen jewels, a deal that required Packard to borrow money from friends.

Immediately, he mailed his new possessions to the Paul Revere Lodge in Brockton, Mass. At the end of the war, these Masons sent the costly items about 500 miles south--back to Port Royal.

"Being a Mason, I felt that I was doing you a good turn," Packard wrote in a letter received by Port Royal Masons on Jan. 9, 1888. "[I] thought you might like to hear from one who saved your jewels from being scattered, melted up, or destroyed.”

I think there is definitely something to be said for a brotherhood, a friendship, which can transcend things like the biggest physical distances, religious ideologies, political persuasions, and even the brutality of war.

Makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

[edit on 9/22/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
This is what I love about Masonry. I hope masons everywhere continue this ethic and promote it as well.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Rumor has it that this "brotherhood" and attendent loyalty transcended international fervor during WWII when, at least once, A German soldier was known to have helped an captured allied troop, who either by sign or admssion in some manner was made known to be a Mason to the German trrop.

It is good to know that there are some areas, concepts, principals and ethical considerations that can not be dealt away by national fervor.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be even better if this sort of cameraderie were shared by all of humanity?

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
Wouldn't it be even better if this sort of cameraderie were shared by all of humanity?

You are absolutly correct. Its not the principals of freemasonry of brotherhood that is evil, its the segragation the system promotes, that is the evil. We are all brothers in spirit, and we are all brothers of humanity. One day the segrigation will end.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   
That soundl like something my Grandpa who was a Mason would have done Axy Waxy. There truly are some good masons out there, I'd say at least 95% of them you could trust with your very life.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

Couldn't agree more, and once the whole world signs up to the christian morality which underpins freemasonry then this could become a reality.

But I wouldn't hold your breath.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
It may be easier to identify with a smaller group than a large one. Easier for an individual to think of themselves as a christian than a human.

But just because you are christian, or a mason, please do not forget that you are human as well.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It's great to read something like this which proves that loyalty to your brethren can transcend even the worst possible situations.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Maybe the Freemason who stole the 100 year old solid gold pocket watch my grandfather left me might want to give it back?
Just a personal thought...to the individual out there in question if they happen upon this thread.
Nobody else need respond to this.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrNECROS
Maybe the Freemason who stole the 100 year old solid gold pocket watch my grandfather left me might want to give it back?
Just a personal thought...to the individual out there in question if they happen upon this thread.
Nobody else need respond to this.

The Butler Did IT!!!!!

Is this what all your constant Masonic bashing is about? I guess I'd like to know the story about what has beaten you so badly inside that you can bash, ad infinitum, ad nauseum, on a group of people who are doing nothing to hurt you or anyone else. If it is an individual who is causing your distaste, pain, and anger, you need to track him/her down... Hell... If that's it... I imagine there are a few folks on this forum who have the technical skills and PI knowhow to assist. If you want, I'll help you track them down... Then we can collectively beat the snot out of 'em, regain your grandpa's watch, and you can get on with a happy and productive life.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86

The Butler Did IT!!!!!

Is this what all your constant Masonic bashing is about?

Also, remember that Necros recently wrote that he never met a Freemason who admitted to being one, or something to that effect. In essence, this means that none of the people who Necros constantly whines about are really Masons because Masons do not hide their membership. Because Necros doesn't like Masonry, he simply imagines that people he doesn't like are Masons.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Text

HUMANITY IS GREATER THAN ALL THE RELIGIONS IN THE WORLD COMBINED

new topics

top topics

join