It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines in Spaaaace :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
does exactly what it says on the tin

link

i am unsure of the utility and cost effectiveness of such a small unit - with little hope of extraction , resullpy or reinforcement .

thier insertion will harfly be lo key either

IMHO it smacks of a " kewl idwa " looking fore a role

*fixed caps lock title

[edit on 21-9-2005 by dbates]

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
seems like a waste of money unless they know summat we dont like thay may be needed to protect earth from E.Ts or something well never know neways theyll just say its a precortionarry mmeasure or something ,they give you would u rather have them there n not need them or not have them there and need them.....

smacks of another reason for them to get a few billion and pawn it off on something else..

.peace.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Ongoing thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Interesting idea, though I don't think America shall need them for a while.

uk.games-workshop.com...

^ Maybe they will look like that
^

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
anyone ever watch james bond moonracker?
marines with space suits and laser guns

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I just had a thought. Remember when that guy got to do his moonwalk, and he allegedly peered over the lip of a crater and said something like, "My God! They're bigger than ours!" - well I can't help but wonder if he was refering to the 'Aliens' - Mother Bitch laying cockroach or the size of theirweenies.

On the bright side of things, perhaps they've found a 'Ripley' and want to send her into space to hunt down Nash's Alien and their spaceship!

Other than that, what would be the point? There's so much to fix here on earth first - before we stock up on troubles in space!

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The point about the 'space marines' is that they would just use a spacecraft to get somewhere in a hurry, the ultimate 'quick reaction force'.

How they get out again is another matter!

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   

How they get out again is another matter!

I guess bailing out going mach 20 is out of the question then?

But seriously, if they want to put them is space then they have to have a way to bring them down, otherwise this would just be a waste of money, lives and time. My guess is they have some ideas that we just can't think of right now.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
that would be quite an interesting thing to see. I mean if i were America's enemy, I'd be scared to see that coming down, but hell, you can't not help but be impressed by that. That is quite clever.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Great post. Now all we need is a super warrior in green, and find a ring world....called....Halo.

seriously, we won't need em 4 a while, but it's good 2 know that we've come this far. Like u said, if I were an America Enemy, I would

1. b completely surprised
2. scared so bad that: "I surrender!"
3. crap my pants

Copy this China!

[edit on 28-9-2005 by SEAL Trident]

new topics

top topics

join