It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq: Brit Soldiers Dressed As Arabs In car Packed With Explosives Captured

page: 25
<< 22  23  24   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
im from syria.

i reside in australia.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I found this article in my reading today...I think it helps make a case for the possibility of false-flag style operations and other means to incite the unrest in Iraq to maintain more US presence there.

Ex-Marine Says He Committed Atrocities

By JOELLE DIDERICH

10/07/05 "AP" -- -- A former U.S. Marine in Iraq alleges that his battalion committed atrocities against Iraqi civilians during the U.S.-led invasion in 2003, including shooting unarmed protesters.

Jimmy Massey, a staff sergeant who was in the Marines for 12 years and served three months in Iraq before being honorably discharged with post-traumatic stress syndrome, details the allegations in his book "Kill! Kill! Kill!", written with the French journalist Natasha Saulnier and published in France.

A Pentagon spokeswoman said Massey's complaints had already been investigated and found to be unsubstantiated.

Massey said he was in charge of a platoon in the 3rd Batallion of Regimental Combat Team 7, responsible for setting up checkpoints and providing armed cover against terrorists and insurgents.

He alleges that over a period of a month and a half in 2003, his platoon killed more than 30 civilians in Iraq.

"We in fact, I feel, escalated the violence," he told The Associated Press in an interview.

Full AP Story

To 27jd:

LOL...very ineresting read again in your reply to my reply to your reply to my....well, you get the idea.

I will answer one question that you asked me directly though: why am I here, if not to prove something, advance an agenda, etc.?

I enjoy being exposed to the differences of opinion that we have in this world. I truly fear that we may be enjoying the last instances of it, though. Diversity, to me, appears to be an endangered species of thought. Certainly here at ATS it is flourishing!

But a proof, or to prove something, is not something that can be done in this mendium/forum, as the number and length of the threads here amply shows. I do not expect for a microsecond that something I say here will prove or disprove anything at all, other than that I have an opinion too. So when I spoke of tactics, it was not describing something I was up to, but rather noticing that this hallmark of a poorly conceived argument springs up alot on online discussions, on both sides of any question.

The feeling I have is that we all have a common enemy if we love liberty, and that enemy has been at work since long before any of us were born. That work has already stripped us of the habit of intellectual rigor, ridiculed the expression of the logical progression of ideas, and reduced so many of us to TV-style lip artists expounding on topics in such a way as to reach more for the cheap laugh, the clever but meaningless retort, and the rebuttal that basically restates our original undefended opinions, only louder and meaner. Argument can perhaps persuade in some matters, but the techniques so often employed, even here, are not those of debaters, but of propagandists.

This thread is a good example of that, in that certain members are more fond of restatement of a position than defending it, and to providing assumptions of the thought processes behind others' posts than dealing with the truly more difficult problem of sorting the wheat from the chaff of the only evidence we have of the true nature and scope of this story, the admittedly biased and agenda-laden news reports regarding this incident.

I like discussions of issues, and I often do learn things from them that I did not know before. To me that makes ATS a very valuable experiment. My goal is not to win arguments, but to Deny Ignorance its value in the world wide propaganda matrix that rules over education and thought here and abroad.

Thanks for taking the time to comment my posts as you have, it was enjoyable and I look forward to reading your posts here and elsewhere on this board!

[edited to correct punctuation]

[edit on 10/9/05 by without_prejudice]

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

Please do not copy and paste entire copyrighted material.

Please use [quote] tags instead of [code] tags.

Thanks.

[edit on 9/10/2005 by Mirthful Me]

[reviewed and edited for content, sorry about the long quote and code tags, still learning the ropes here!
]

[edit on 10/9/05 by without_prejudice]

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
and how it relates to Iran, first...here is an excerpt from a BBC news story:

Hardball diplomacy goes public
By Paul Reynolds World Affairs correspondent, BBC News website

The British ambassador to Baghdad, William Patey, has time and again complained to his Iranian counterpart that there is a traceable link between bombs that have killed eight British soldiers and devices used by Hezbollah in southern Lebanon, which is backed by Iran.

The Iranians have always denied any such link.

Up until now, the British approach has been the classic one of hints and suggestions.

Read the rest of the story here.

The second story can be viewed as either evidence of the corruption of the Basra police and therefore justification of the British aborted spy mission to protect themselves from said corruption, or it can be seen as an attempt to spin the original story and mitigate the damage and suspicion it may have caused. You can read it here.

27jd, I wish I could share your optimistic outlook that we are not going to see an Iranian invasion. I pray that you are right in this instance, and that my suspicions are wrong.

Can this puddle get any muddier? Undoubtedly the answer is yes.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Your trying to cover this up reallll hard.

Did Iran dress those two men up in arab clothes, and make them shoot at iraqi puppet police?

I think not.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister

Cover up your "false flag" operations?
I'm going to pull up the BS flag on this...

Did Iran dress those two men up in arab clothes, and make them shoot at iraqi puppet police?

I think not.

Iraqi "puppet" police, guess the hospitals and fireservices are puppets to huh?
Guess they genuily DONT want to help the iraqi people and are doing so because they are told to do so?

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by without_prejudice
27jd, I wish I could share your optimistic outlook that we are not going to see an Iranian invasion. I pray that you are right in this instance, and that my suspicions are wrong.

Iran doesn't need to invade Iraq, they are doing just fine supplying the insurgency and using Pasdaran ' special forces ' inside Iraq. They already have an extensive network with the Shiite population in Iraq built up after the Shah and no doubt, significant numbers of Iraqi's fighting for them by proxy.
They wouldn't dare stand up to the US in a conventional conflict, that would be inviting defeat.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister

I think not.

If you're directing this at without-prejudice, maybe you should read back a few posts and you might see that your directing it at one of the few on this thread who do not find your fanatic notions completely ridiculous.

None of us are trying to cover up anything, none of us did anything to cover up. A good majority of us are against this conflict and have no reason to whitewash. Maybe if you focused on the reality based reasons this war is wrong, you would find alot more agreement, and alot less opposition here.

Iran is no innocent party here, either. Iran may not have directly dressed those men up in arab clothes, but they sure are helping al Sadr's militia with weapons and support, who in turn dressed up their men as Iraqi police officers who are supposed to be loyal to the Iraqi government, but instead are loyal to al Sadr, which is the reason those men dresed up in arab clothes to begin with, IMO. So indirectly, yes, Iran did dress those men up in arab clothes, who were most likely discovered by the "puppet police" (puppets of Iran that is), who tried to capture the Brits, resulting in the gunfight.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I think you misread my statement about an Iranian invasion...

Iran doesn't need to invade Iraq, they are doing just fine supplying the insurgency and using Pasdaran ' special forces ' inside Iraq.

I was referring to the question of whether or not Coalition forces would invade Iran. Just an FYI.

And to Syrian Sister, considering that I voted you "Above Top Secret" this month for your contributions to this thread (along with ArchAngel--excellent posts, both of you!) I am definitely on your side of the fence on this issue!

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Here's an interesting article in regards to Iranian influence in Iraq:

Inside Iran's Secret War for Iraq

With an elected Shi'ite-dominated government in place in Baghdad and the U.S. preoccupied with quelling the Sunni-led insurgency, the Iranian regime has deepened its imprint on the political and social fabric of Iraq, buying influence in the new Iraqi government, running intelligence-gathering networks and funneling money and guns to Shi'ite militant groups--all with the aim of fostering a Shi'ite-run state friendly to Iran. In parts of southern Iraq, fundamentalist Shi'ite militias--some of them funded and armed by Iran--have imposed restrictions on the daily lives of Iraqis, banning alcohol and curbing the rights of women. Iraq's Shi'ite leaders, including Prime Minister Ibrahim al-Jaafari, have tried to forge a strategic alliance with Tehran, even seeking to have Iranians recognized as a minority group under Iraq's proposed constitution. "We have to think anything we tell or share with the Iraqi government ends up in Tehran," says a Western diplomat.
www.time.com...

[edit on 11-10-2005 by 27jd]

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
While all the american and british population are sleeping.

When it all died down in the major news agencies.

The british quietly appologise, hoping to win back a few of those "hearts and minds".

www.iraq-war.ru...

Britain - 'Sorry for Bombmakers’?
By: FreeMarketNews.com on: 21.10.2005 [23:12 ] (120 reads)

Monday, October 17, 2005

(But not reported widely)
(5121 bytes) Print
Britain has apologized to Iraq for attempting to send two soldiers into Basra disguised as natives with military equipment including - according to some sources - bombs or bomb-making equipment.

The Scotsman reported: "Britain will pay compensation for injuries and damage caused during the storming by the army of a police station in Basra in the operation to release two SAS soldiers held by local Iraqi militia." The article added, "In a joint statement, the British Consulate General, representing the army, and the Provincial Council of Basra expressed 'regret' for the incidents on 19 September. 'We also regret the casualties on both sides and the material damage to public facilities,' the statement said. 'The British government is prepared to pay valid claims for compensation for casualties and material damage.'"

The text of the statement was also carried by Iranian Arabic language television news channel Al-Alam on 15 October as follows, "The British government has officially apologized to Iraq over the recent Basra events. A statement issued by the British consulate in Basra has said that London apologizes to the Iraqi people and government, Basra residents, city and province councils and the police force over mistakes made by the British. This comes after a British army unit stormed Basra police station and used force to release two British soldiers arrested by Iraqi police for the charge of seeking to carry out sabotage acts and stirring sedition among the residents of the city."

www.informationclearinghouse posted a fairly dense and well-researched analysis of British actions around Basra suggesting tactics Britain had once used in Ireland could be finding application in Basra, as follows: “Reliable evidence also emerged in late 2002 that the British army had been using its double agents in terrorist organizations 'to carry out proxy assassinations for the British state’ — most notoriously in the case of Belfast solicitor and human rights activist Pat Finucane, who was murdered in 1989 by the Protestant Ulster Defence Association. It appears that the FRU passed on details about Finucane to a British soldier who had infiltrated the UDA; he in turn "supplied UDA murder teams with the information. (www.sundayherald.com...). … Recent events in Basra have raised suspicions that the British army may have reactivated these same tactics in Iraq.”

Clearinghouse then cited articles “published by Michel Chossudovsky, Larry Chin and Mike Whitney at the Centre for Research on Globalization’s website on September 20, 2005 that have offered preliminary assessments of the claims of Iraqi authorities that two British soldiers in civilian clothes who were arrested by Iraqi police in Basra on September 19 — and in short order released by a British tank and helicopter assault on the prison where they were being held—had been engaged in planting bombs in the city (See Global Research (1); Global Research (2); Global Research (3)).”

And Clearinghouse adds, “A further article by Kurt Nimmo points to false-flag operations carried out by British special forces troops in Northern Ireland and elsewhere, and to Donald Rumsfeld’s formation of the P2OG, or Proactive Preemptive Operations Group, as directly relevant to Iraqi charges of possible false-flag terror operations by the occupying powers in Iraq ( Global Research (4)). These accusations by Iraqi officials echo insistent but unsubstantiated claims, going back at least to the spring of 2004, to the effect that many of the terror bombings carried out against civilian targets in Iraq have actually been perpetrated by U.S. and British forces rather than by Iraqi insurgents. … The American journalist Dahr Jamail wrote in April 20, 2004 that the recent spate of car bombings in Baghdad was widely rumoured to have been the work of the CIA. (countercurrents.org) … Two days later, on April 22, 2004, Agence France-Presse reported that five car-bombings in Basra—three near-simultaneous attacks outside police stations in Basra that killed sixty-eight people, including twenty children, and two follow-up bombings—were being blamed by supporters of Shiite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr on the British. While eight hundred supporters demonstrated outside Sadr’s offices, a Sadr spokesman claimed to have 'evidence that the British were involved in these attacks' (www.inq7.net...)."

Britain's apology over this incident may tend to clarify – though not necessarily substantiate - other reports appearing in FMNN and elsewhere. These include allegations that the ring-leader of the London subway bombings was actually an asset of M16, Britain's top intelligence unit; and that Western powers in some manner were actually behind Muslim violence in Indonesia, including the horrific Bali bombings that left 200 dead - as alleged yesterday on Australian TV by the former president of Indonesia. (Version includes additional cites.)

staff reports - Free-Market News Network

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
MI6 Britains top intel unit?
Lets just assume for one moment thats right.
If so WTF is it doing conduction operations at home when it could do them twice as effectively with MI5 support?

Now lets get back to the truth, "best" intel service? Says who?
MI6 doesnt exist, SIS does but MI6 doesnt.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

CHECK THIS OUT...

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
This is the end.

Guess you were right. Anderson Cooper has been talking about the end of the war all night. The NYC ticker tape parade is the most moving thing I've ever seen.

Huh?

Bush could castrate every Arab in the Middle East, dump 9/11 body parts in the Carribean and make an Island called Non-Christian Penis Atol, and CNN would wring their hands for years while dumb bitches on FOX said how Charlie Wrangle was a pedophile.

This is the end, but not how you meant. My dear.

top topics

<< 22  23  24   >>

join