It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sperm Ships Now Heading For The United Kingdom

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Could you imagine if there was a "Sperm Slick"

How do you contain one? The little buggers would swim in all directions!!

You'd have the green types volunterring to clean Seabirds, stocking up with Kleenex at the beech......

Ewwww...indeed.

[edit on 21/9/05 by stumason]

They'd have to get to it before it dried, too, cause once that stuff dries, it never really... well, you know...

-koji K.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Here is a typical example of "why sperm donors wish to stay anonymous".

NEWS: Swedish Sperm Donor Must Pay Child Support To Lesbian Couple (by Mayet)

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Latest. The number of sperm donors has fallen sharply. And they say it´s "almost certainly linked to scrapping the right of donors to remain anonymous"... "big surprise"... I guess we will have to send them some more viking sperm...

BBC: Sharp drop in sperm donor numbers

10 November 2005

The number of men - especially students - volunteering as potential sperm donors has fallen sharply since 2000, a study has found.

Researchers at the Newcastle Fertility Centre say the fall is almost certainly linked to scrapping the right of donors to remain anonymous.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
There are still shortage of sperm and eggs in the UK. Many couples are seeking fertility treatment abroad. The head of the UK fertility watchdog warns of complications and risks by visiting such clinics abroad. If something goes wrong, filing a complaint afterwards will be useless.

Telegraph: Couples warned of dangers in fertility tourism

28/04/2006

Couples seeking fertility treatment abroad should carefully consider the risks and complications involved, the head of the UK fertility watchdog said yesterday. Shortages in egg and sperm donations exacerbated by new laws removing the right to anonymity for donors in Britain have led to a substantial increase in "fertility tourism".

We have heard of some clinics which offer treatment to patients that is so dangerous that it has been banned in the UK - for example implanting five embryos which significantly raises the chance of multiple pregnancy - the biggest risk of IVF for both mothers and babies. "It is very sad when we receive complaints from patients about their treatment abroad and we are not able to help or reassure them. "We would urge patients to think twice and consider the risks and implications before going abroad for treatment."

The HFEA warned those couples thinking of going abroad that while the authority regulated standards and safety at UK clinics, it was powerless to do so in other countries.

"The shortage of egg and sperm donors has led to unacceptably long waiting lists in some areas."

Why don't they allow anonymous donors? It would solve many of their problems. I guess they will have to call for some more viking sperm ships instead...

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Oh my god... Twitchy is fixing to make a fortune on Ebay then. Some test tubes, stoppers and a little er... quiet time. This is an occupational dream cu.. come true for me.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Here's some good news. Danish donors can stay anonymous. And the money they make is tax-free.

Spiegel Online: Danish Sperm Bank Deposits to Remain Tax-Free and Anonymous

For a while, it seemed the stream of male students visiting the Cryos sperm bank in Aarhus, Denmark might dry up. But a recent decision by the Danish Tax Ministry means that donors can remain anonymous and won't be forced to report their earnings to the tax man.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I don't know what the current sperm situation is like in Denmark, but couples in the UK and other countries are now seeking sperm donors in India.

Couples from UK look to India for sperm donors

May 04, 2008

Unable to conceive but longing for their own baby, couples from Britain, Afghanistan and other countries are now turning to India, seeking a sperm donor.

India, being the only country in South Asia, with semen banks and a large number of willing donors, has become a hot spot for artificial insemination.

[---]

In UK, for example there is a shortage of semen donors, because it has become mandatory for donors to now disclose their identity, says Sachdev.

I can't see why they can't stay anonymous. As long as the donors are checked and tested, I can't see the point of disclosing their identity.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Seems like the sperm problem may have been solved. There's no need for any donors if they can produce sperm in the lab...

BBC: Scientists claim sperm 'first'

7 July 2009

Scientists in Newcastle claim to have created human sperm in the laboratory in what they say is a world first.

The researchers believe the work could eventually help men with fertility problems to conceive.

But other experts say they are not convinced that fully developed sperm have been created.

Writing in the journal Stem Cells and Development, the Newcastle team say it will be at least five years before the technique is perfected.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Boy, would I love to see what kind of mess that baby made if it were to
explode. lmaooo

[edit on 8-7-2009 by h1satsu]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Souljah

Sounds almost like an incoming disaster that you can not avoid - like a Hurricane slamming the coast
or the way this thread started, a possible bio- attack.

this is really gettin good.anybody else?breath of life.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

no i think your confused twitchy.they said sperm donors not brain donors. or was it drain boners? whatever!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
At first, I thought "Sperm Ship" was possibly some type of ship I've never herd of and was like "oh crap is someone attacking them..with sperm ships?!" ahha wow..what a moment..

Anyway, it's a shame that more people don't educate or embrace the option of adoption rather than going to the extent of boarding a ship to grab up some sperm.

I can't even imagine where my life would be if my mother decided to go this route.
We have a relationship closer to each other than most people of the same blood have and it's a shame the strongest thing that keeps a person from doing this is they feel there would be a "difference" or a "separation" and that something like blood could keep an emotional bond from happening.

I have to respect it though.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
I don't know what the current sperm situation is like in Denmark, but couples in the UK and other countries are now seeking sperm donors in India.

Couples from UK look to India for sperm donors

May 04, 2008

Unable to conceive but longing for their own baby, couples from Britain, Afghanistan and other countries are now turning to India, seeking a sperm donor.

India, being the only country in South Asia, with semen banks and a large number of willing donors, has become a hot spot for artificial insemination.

[---]

In UK, for example there is a shortage of semen donors, because it has become mandatory for donors to now disclose their identity, says Sachdev.

I can't see why they can't stay anonymous. As long as the donors are checked and tested, I can't see the point of disclosing their identity.
\

Oh no! Not India. We have enough corner shops........sorry bad j/k

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
edit: D'oh

Never mind...

[edit on 12 Sep 2009 by Hellmutt]

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
So, won't the children fathered by Danish sperm donors sort of be social outcasts in Britain? I mean they may take on their father's genetics and wind up good looking, have straight teeth and have slender builds. Other British kids may naturally notice there is something "different" about these kids.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
In an era of depopulation it is encouraging to see men and women donating egg and sperm so people with fertility problems can have kids. Just wanted to make it clear that I support this 100%.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Danish article in english. They start their article with mentioning that Danish Vikings invaded England more than 1,000 years ago...

Jyllandsposten: Danish sperm ships spark furore in the UK

When Danish Vikings invaded England more than 1,000 years ago they did not only leave a trail of death and destruction.

Now, the genetic export across the North Sea can resume, albeit under somewhat more peaceful conditions.

'The ships will be equipped as clinics and staffed with doctors and nurses who can supply the treatment. We have said yes to supplying the ships with sperm, as long as it happens under acceptable conditions,'

The fertility ships would be governed by Danish law, which allows midwives to assist lesbians and single people in their quest for a baby, while forbidding fertility doctors to grant the same service.

Isn't that a polite way of saying that the British are being self-genocided? Granted this is a good thing as Anglo's are &^%$#@ in the head and Anglo's tend to be the biggest man-haters out there(making life hell for non-Anglo's). So maybe this genocide is a good genocide?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join