It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photoshop help...please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Hi. I've just got photoshop as i'm interested in learning how to make animated avatars and sigs.

I'd been tinkering about with it for about an hour and wasn't getting anywhere. :bnghd:

So I looked at some of the tutorials and followed them but they didn't help.
Then I decided to check for online tutorials, to which I found lots, but they all focus on image manipulation, colouring, special effects. But I can't even get that far.

I've managed to create a set. Then I have to activate my actions tab and record. That's as far as get. I need to select a layer but the action buttons for the layers tab don't function.

Please help. I really want to be able to create my own images.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Well you can work on the layers in Photoshop, but if you want to animate it you need to toggle over to Adobe's ImageReady to make the layers into frames for an animated gif.

Toggle between Photoshop and Imageready at the bottom of your toolbar.
i.e. Jump to ImageReady

ImageReady Tutorial
www.layoutgalaxy.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Thanks for replying. I'm such a noob with computers I think I may be taking on a pretty tricky task doing this.

Thanks a lot for the tips and the link. I'm going to have to have a look at them now,

Take it easy.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I dont have PhotoShop so i cant help you there, I used a software called

GIMP 2, thats is very close to Phtoshop... when i do animations, wich by the way i'm pretty bad at it ...lol.. i use a thing called "animation shop 3", both are free softwares, that i found in graphic work websites.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I use paintshop pro 8 to make my images, and Animation Shop 3 to animate them.

The animation shop program may be available stand alone, but im not quite sure.

Using it is simple drag and drop, image wizards etc. Very simple.

There may be many free .gif makers, but I have never found one as good as this simple program.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Hi, thanks for replying.

BaastetNoir and Dulcimer, thanks to you both for the links and advice. I have now got in contact with somebody who has offered to take me through it step by step.

Once again thanks anyway

[edit on 21/9/2005 by redize]

new topics

top topics

join