It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's date with destiny. Is America babylon? (A good read)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I put this here under political conspiracies because everthing this web page talks about is inexorably intertwined with our government leaders. Take a look:

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

It's a long read but be sure to read all of it.

091505.. It's been awhile since I posted this and no one has "added" to it so I thought I would revise it a little. I mean, does anyone have any thoughts on this? Just thinking back on history some of the "cycles" that have taken place. Israel for example, turned her back on God and wound up slaves to Egypt. God later brought her out of captivity but she AGAIN turned her back on God with subsequent consequences. I'm not going to pretend to completely understand or explain why these cycles happen/have to happen but I believe it's al part of Gods plan. He did write the book you know and he knew the end before he wrote it. There are other examples of the afformentioned "cylce" in history but I don't want to get carried away right now. It's spelled out rather well in the link I provided. I honestly believe that America is headed down the same path every other nation that turned their back on God followed. My favorite part of the afformentioned writing:

"America had it all. She did not consider her latter end. She did not consider she was not eternal, but only a nation among the nations of the world. She did not consider that God is SOVEREIGN, who sets up and tears down nations and leaders at His will and pleasure. Babylon America did not consider that she was a speck of dust in the hand of the Lord. She did not consider that ANY NATION THAT REJECTS GOD IS TURNED INTO HELL. She forgot God, and she left the fear of God. She turned and fought against God and His anointed.

Her end, and the end of her leaders, the arrogant rulers, Supreme Court Judges, lawyers, businessmen is one of fire and eternal ruin. The tables of her rulers, and the tables of the false shepherds of Babylon, the Christian leaders ARE FILLED WITH VOMIT. THEY HAVE BECOME VILE TO THE LORD. THEY ARE EVIL, WITHOUT ABILITY TO REPENT. They must continue in their course right into the fires of hell itself. Only then will they realize THEIR DELUSIONS. Only then will they realize, too late, what a GRAND DELUSION THEY LABORED UNDER. What a pity, what a waste, what a shame. Even so, COME, LORD JESUS."

Let me puntuate further:

"They must continue in their course right into the fires of hell itself. Only then will they realize THEIR DELUSIONS.

Am I the only one who finds this creepy? Honestly, in the "grand scheme of things" I don't think we can do whole lot about this -destiny- but I think it's important for people to be aware of this big picture so that they can make the "right choices". I don't mean to be a doom sayer and people have been ranting and raving about the "end of the world" for sometime now and honestly? I hope it doesn't happen in my lifetime. This doesn't mean however that we can't have our eyes open?? Hitler was the end of the last "cycle" but the next one?? I believe it will be the last. God is slowing taking the throttle off of evil because more and more people are turning away from him.. There are going to be consequences.. Are you ready?

Something to ponder.

[edit on 15-9-2005 by TxSecret]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I was somewhat relieved when i reached the end,

That relief soon ended when i realized i had only finished the first page...

Onto page two..

Interesting so far though.

[edit on 16-9-2005 by C0le]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Hmm... well, if you take "God" and suplement it with "whatever higher force might be at work" and "Christian" with "well meaning people that aspire to goodness", then get rid of the retoric, you've got a perty good statment.

Yes, I'm an agnostic in case you can't tell.

While I don't believe that Christians should rule the world (They are too corrupt already!), the story of Babylon is a good pariable for warning against the dangers that seem to have overtaken modern America. It's a story I've been interested in for some time... BTW, did you know that it predates the bible by about a thousand years? It's actually directly taken from Babylonian beliefs. Go fig, eh?

It's worth exploring some;

If you were to talk about "the faithless" in a different way than simply "not Christian" (ie, faithless means people who believe in nothing) you'd be way ahead in your argument. America has become a place where believing in something makes you dangerous, be it God, Alah, or Consperisy Theories.

The faithless are easier to control because you can give them the sham of something to beleive in... ie, your Golden Calf or "The American Dream" (which is based entierly on greed, but that's a whole different rant). The problem right now is that the dream is over. The waking has begun and people have started looking around and seeing things differently.

They are seeing things SO differently that they all see different things... this could be the key to "when the towers fell, the language of babylon was sundered and noone could understand each other". It wasn't that the actual language or comunications falls apart, it's that people can nolonger relate to eachother without the false preacher telling them how to act.

As I say... it's an interesting story with alot to say.
Possibly even prophetic.

I could stand to hear it without all the Christian Retoric, though.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Does Religious Fanaticism Go Both Ways?

I did not take the time to read the entire article linked in the post.

What I found interesting that if we change the Word God to Allah, this text gets a whole new Meaning - and IF it would be written in this way, I wonder if it would have the Same Effect:

"America had it all. She did not consider her latter end. She did not consider she was not eternal, but only a nation among the nations of the world. She did not consider that Allah is SOVEREIGN, who sets up and tears down nations and leaders at His will and pleasure. Babylon America did not consider that she was a speck of dust in the hand of the Allah. She did not consider that ANY NATION THAT REJECTS GOD IS TURNED INTO HELL. She forgot Allah, and she left the fear of Allah. She turned and fought against Allah and His anointed.

Her end, and the end of her leaders, the arrogant rulers, Supreme Court Judges, lawyers, businessmen is one of fire and eternal ruin. The tables of her rulers, and the tables of the false shepherds of Babylon, the Christian leaders ARE FILLED WITH VOMIT. THEY HAVE BECOME VILE TO ALLAH. THEY ARE EVIL, WITHOUT ABILITY TO REPENT. They must continue in their course right into the fires of hell itself. Only then will they realize THEIR DELUSIONS. Only then will they realize, too late, what a GRAND DELUSION THEY LABORED UNDER. What a pity, what a waste, what a shame. Even so, COME, Prophet Mohammed."

Interesting how the Text gets a whole new meaning - more a speech of an Islamic Imam, that Condems America and her role in the World Today.

This Imam would be called "Terrorist" faster then you can say God.

[edit on 16/9/05 by Souljah]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   
What does that have to do with america and babylon?

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   
meaning its all the same poo only different packaging

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Interesting responses but only have time to cap here briefly and will direct this towards Nuku and use him as an example.

Ok Nuku,

Of course it's all the same poo to you.. Want to know why? You are spiritually blind my friend. You have the "blinders" on in a huge way.

Consider the following scripture:

1co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1co 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1co 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

And my favorite:

1co 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

Think about it.

[edit on 16-9-2005 by TxSecret]

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Soulja,

Interesting post but I don't think you understand some important, fundemental differences between Christianity and Islam. I'll save that for another post but I urge you to look into those differences. One thing to keep in mind:

Occult forces always work in secret and in darkness, while the Christian aspects are always plainly visible.

Very simply to grasp really.

[edit on 17-9-2005 by TxSecret]

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
~snip~
Interesting how the Text gets a whole new meaning - more a speech of an Islamic Imam, that Condems America and her role in the World Today.

This Imam would be called "Terrorist" faster then you can say God.

That is indeed quite an interesting point and an interesting exercise to try with many passages of text.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I recently read an interesting article that is relevant to this topic. it pretty much states my position on this matter summed up well in the following quote, with the link to follow.

"Christian realists aren’t afraid to love. But just as the Irishman who came upon a brawl in the street and asked, “Is this a private fight or can anyone get in it?” we have to take that love where the action is. Or the world will remain a theatre of war between fundamentalists."

9/11 And The Sport of God

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
In other words we need more compassion in the world? Right on..

Compassion is Love in ACTION.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
LoganCale.. I'll tell you the same thing I told SoulJah

Like I said in a prior post:

"I don't think you understand some important, fundemental differences between Christianity and Islam"

If you did you would not fall for that deception. Truth verses falsehood. Falsehood wrapped up in the right "wrapper" can look like truth. Curious eh? If you don't understand this basic principle you don't even understand the point you were tying to get across.

I'm getting ready to post a thread about Christianity vs Islam.

[edit on 17-9-2005 by TxSecret]

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I do understand differences between Christianity and Islam - my comment was merely regarding the fact that replacing "God" with "Allah" in a statement like completely changes the context. This is probably because in America, there is a fear of Islam at the moment and the mention of Allah just completely changes the mood of the piece.

I'm not saying fundamental Christians are exactly the same as fundamental Muslims at all. However, I think the extremists of any religion often end up very similar, despite their ideological differences.

[EDIT: I'm getting off the topic of the thread, however, and I apologize for that.]

[edit on 17-9-2005 by LoganCale]

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Icarus.. GREAT link.

My favorite part?

"None of these harsh realities of ordinary life seem to bother the radical religious right. To the contrary, in the pursuit of political power they have cut a deal with America’s richest class and their partisan allies in a law-of-the-jungle strategy to “starve” the government of resources needed for vital social services that benefit everyone while championing more and more spending rich corporations and larger tax cuts for the rich.

How else to explain the vacuum in their “great moral issues” of the plight of millions of Americans without adequate health care? Of the gross corruption of politics by campaign contributions that skew government policies toward the wealthy at the expense of ordinary taxpayers? (On the very day that oil and gas prices reached a record high the president signed off on huge taxpayer subsidies for energy conglomerates already bloated with windfall profits plucked from the pockets of average Americans filling up at gas tanks across the country; yet the next Sunday you could pass a hundred church signboards with no mention of a sermon on crony capitalism.)"

Good stuff

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
TxSecret,

My pleasure to share. Thank you.

Yes we need more compassion, and like my first quote symbolizes, we need to put it where the hurt is. Not pass it around to those whose cup already brims over with blessings, but spread it to those who, for whatever legitimate reason, are truly in need.

I assume that neo-cons justify their lust for tax cuts targeted at their mostly rich or well off wannabe selves by making the failed argument that they paid all that money in to the system on the way up, and they want it back now, and to heck with social responsibility.

How do they think they got the opportunity to be where they are in the first place? Now they want to deny the same benefits they've enjoyed to others. Wait, I think this belongs in another thread. Sorry to go off topic.

ediot (no such words as payed or symboliozes)

[edit on 17-9-2005 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Very interesting LoganCale..Now we're talking about religious "extremist". That's a whole nother' animal all together. Ahh, the ever changing world of context. Even though context can be affected by time and circumstance, it is always inexorably intertwined with the core "truth" it's built on and that's what I'm focusing on right now. Is the "core" of Islam false compared to the core of Christianity? You really have to go back and look how Mohamed was "inspired".. I truly believe that he was inspired demonically. We'll save that for another thread though.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
The truth is good and right and leads to heaven. Lies are evil and wrong and lead to hell. That's all I really need to know. The truth sets you free and lets you fly. Its the lies that tie, and keep you down.

Darn, still off topic!

new topics

top topics

join