It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*New* Winamp PODcast Function

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
If you are like me and would like a way to keep on top of the ATS PODcasts without using iTunes I have good news. Winamp 5.1 has just come out with a PODcast tracking function. All you do is enter the ATS PODcast feed url into the player and it automatically lists all the broadcasts for you. Woohoo........

I was excited to find this new feature and thought some of my fellow ATS members would also appreciate the news.

Cheers.........

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Good to know. I really don't want or need several media players on my computer and already use winamp.

Cool news.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Thanks for this kinglizard!

As a loyal Winamp user I will not succumb to the mac demon!

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I think you will really appreciate the function. All you do is select “subscriptions” press the “Add” button and enter the ATS PODcast feed url/urls. Then select the feed in the “channel” box and the program automatically shows all PODcasts on that feed. It also shows the description of the recording.

It’s awesome, and the PODcast starts playing right when you make your selection.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
KL, a iPod challenged question here, where do I get the feed urls

I am totally lost like that but want to get with the new trend here

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The BTS Humor link does not work for me. All of the rest do. They all have xml extensions but the BTS Humor does not.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Thanks, KL!!
Like I really needed another reason to stay on the computer.

*goes off in search of earplugs so as to not wake family members*

OMG, I'm listening now to SO's review and I want to tell you this is AWAESOME!!!!!

[edit on 17-9-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Good deal DTOM, the winamp function works well.

also....

I'm currently using a program called Ziepod. It automatically downloads PODcasts and remains in your system tray looking for recent additions to the feed. It has a built-in player so you don’t need to open another program to listen to the broadcast.

IMO its worth downloading.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
So, this is in addition to using Winamp or instead of using Winamp.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
You would use it without winamp. It's just another solid program, one that I'm really liking at the moment.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Thanks kinglizard for the info on the winamp, I am thoroughly enjoying this... I did manage to produce a podcast, using castblaster....however, it played through my Rhapsody program on roadrunner and now I don't know how to move the darn thing to get it to the url feed.....any help and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Thanks for fixing the link.

top topics

join