It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bio-diesel Gone Bad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
From CNN:

Inventor Fuels Car with Dead Cats

"Koch said around 20 dead cats added into the mix could help produce enough fuel to fill up a 50-liter (11 gallon) tank."

No... no... no... I can see it now: Says the driver of the forthcoming BMW 330ci: "I'm getting 12 cats to the mile highway, 10 city." And think of the extra work invovled to keep food, water, and litter for your 10W40 kitten you have to carry around in the trunk, "just in case you have to top it off."

I miss the "good ol'" days, when you used to have to wait millions of years until Felix first turned into oil.

I think I'll go hit the workbench in the garage now and begin designing my own proprietary bio-diesel that runs on deceased, crazy, German inventors. Any investors?

[edit on 14-9-2005 by sdrumrunner]

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Yo! *raises hand*

That rat *******!!!! I love cats! Must resist urge to go over there and trash the lab!

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Okay, this is kind of a downer, but let's be serious here.

A dead cat is a dead cat. There are tons of these things, and to just toss 'em all into the garbage pile is a waste. A lot of these have diseases, so dissection is no good, and they won't get buried because they have no family. Roadkill is just going to get washed away after it gets creamed and increasingly rotten. Why not put it to good use? Recycling.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
What? Ain't none of you ever heard of "Putting a TIGER IN YOUR TANK!"

...Why she purrs like a kitten now that we use Feline Fuel!

Go from Litter to Litre!

I get 30 miles to the gallon, and I ain't Lion!

OK... time for my meds.....

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar
What? Ain't none of you ever heard of "Putting a TIGER IN YOUR TANK!"

...Why she purrs like a kitten now that we use Feline Fuel!

Go from Litter to Litre!

I get 30 miles to the gallon, and I ain't Lion!

OK... time for my meds.....

Man I love cats >'.'<

BUT Bhadhidar your HILLARIOUS!
man my face is gunna HURT from Laffin @ THIS post..........................

*TRG makes a NOTE: New FAVORITE Poster to watch, BHADHIDAR. Check.

[edit on 14-9-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
* humph*...... NOT FUNNY !

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Well, roadkill is already used in cheap animal food. What
do you think the word "byproduct" means in the list of ingrediants.

And I doublt he is actually killing the cats just to make fuel. Atleast
I hope not. I myself love cats, have 5 of them so I would be one of
the first over there to trash his lab and turn him into fuel.

Edit: They also use cat's guts to make the expensive guitar string for classical guitars, otherwise known as Nylon strings.

[edit on 14-9-2005 by jmilici]

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
BERLIN (Reuters) - A German inventor said he has developed a method to produce crude oil products from waste that he believes can be an answer to the soaring costs of fuel, but denied a German newspaper story implying he also used dead cats.

Rest of the article

Hmm, maybe you should do more research....

And I used to have a cat, his name was crab bait. Caught more crabs with him than anything else...

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
A dead cat is a dead cat. There are tons of these things, and to just toss 'em all into the garbage pile is a waste... they won't get buried because they have no family.

Actually, as crazy as it may sound to some fo you, I've had one cat interred and another's ashes still sit in an urn on my dresser. IMHO, you might as well suggest we use run the car on grandma, homeless peeps, or even (as mentioned) decesaed, old, crazy German inventors.

Don't know about your neck of the woods, but in these parts, when Toonces gets hit by a Hummer (or in the cold, sterile world of math, "mapped to 2-space"), its usually accompanied by somebody shedding a tear or two. Did my wife give birth to our 1 1/2 year-old cat? No. Did we formally adopt him? No. Is he family? Hellsyes.

Anyway, shouldn't Herr Katzenmörder's engine be considered to be a mortis-diesel?

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Same for me, sdrumrunner. Believe me, I was a mess when my last cat died. But I said if they don't have a family they won't get buried, which still reigns true.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
This technology sounds really interesting and it really could be a solution to end the use of landfills and reduce the use of of crude oil.

www.globalfinest.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The story is a hoax. See this MSNBC article for more. Also if you look at the original story you linked to you'll see that CNN changed it as well to say that the story was a hoax. A German newspaper started this rumor that the inventor denies is true. He said that at most a toad may have slipped in unnoticed, but there's no way a cat would get into the mix.

[edit on 15-9-2005 by dbates]

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The technology itself is not a hoax.
He may not have used dead cats to produce fuel but they can be used as a fuel source if he wished to do so. On the company's website they say that infected cows can be used as a fuel source so, aside from laws and morals, there's nothing to stop cats from being used as a source for fuel.

This is from the website I linked to above:

Input materials can include: biodiesel Waste Management

• Plastics of all kinds (including PVC's and PET)

• Rubber, including that from automobile tyres

• Waste oils, waxes and fats of all types (including hydraulic oils and Trafooele)

• Agricultural wastes (including animal waste products, spoiled food, etc.)

• Hospital waste materials

• All refinery by-products (bitumen, tars, etc.)

• Sugar Cane

• Biologically regenerating raw materials (wood, vegetables, meat wastes, etc.)

• BSE infected animals, Quarantine Disposal

This thread should be moved from Folk Tales & Urban Legends and put into peak oil or Science and Technology because the technology is real.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
even if a dead cat is a dead cat, i'd be curious to have a snif around the muffler, i've rolled for a while on straight waste veggie oil and it worked just fine , the restaurant i used to pick it up was paying to get rid of their oil.. no emission , no cost..

edit : if anybody have a diesel car it really worth the conversion and easy to find how to on internet..

[edit on 29-3-2006 by kalki]

new topics

top topics

join