It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

guys what r drones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
What are Drones. I don't care if a mod ends my thread, but give me a link or something!

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Its a working robot

Bit like myself .....unpaid unappreciated,

just unending toil

PKD

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
A drone is a ship that resides within a mother ship. Sort of like the realtionship between a Grumman Tomcat F-14A and an aircraft carrier. The scout ship is usually used for reconnasaince or intelligence gathering.

[edit on 11-9-2005 by PKD]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
You might want to be a little more specific in your questions, what kind of Drones are you asking about?

If you mean the sort used by human militiary organizations here is some USAF info on the Predator:

www.af.mil...

These weapons are the future of warfare. Keep watching, the day when the USA sends robotic troops in as our first wave is not far off at all. They will not be thinking machines though, just remotely controled with very limited AI abilities (like a default mode to return home if control is lost).

A.T
(-)

[edit on 9/11/05 by Alexander Tau]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I mean the drones that supposeldy 'children' fly. I heard from my friend that doesn't belive in aliens and from this website.

I also heard from another friend, that they have hovering cars, but only videogamers can fly em because every scientist doesn't no how? or something. Reallly random and probably lying about the hovering cars, but his dad does work for a weird company that make hard drives so I dunno. (Including Xbox 360 or 540 or whatever.)

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I think the drones that you are talking about are alien (thus this thread being in the UFO/Aliens section).

If you are talking alien wise, they could be the greys, how they act like insect drones that have a set task and serve under a higher power. You can also be talking about small alien spacecraft that do not have any occupants in them. They act like scouts I guess.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist06
What are Drones. I don't care if a mod ends my thread, but give me a link or something!

I think a drone is supposed to be an unmanned probe, isn't it? (or, perhaps in this case, un-aliened probe)

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Drone is any mechanical device given a task to perform by a third party.

An unmanned arv is a drone being given commands by a third party in real time.

Even a device like google can be considered a drone.

For instance if you were to go to google and type in drone it would fulfill it's task and seek out all information available to it on the subject. All becauce of the third party who typed in the command. All sorts of drones out there, even some you wouldn't think of.

link

Also the drones opened for coldplay last year in spain.

SPiderj

(edit to shorten long page stretching link)

[edit on 17-9-2005 by pantha]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I mean the drones that supposeldy 'children' fly. I heard from my friend that doesn't belive in aliens and from this website.

Well you can tell your friend to consider this. A lot of serious adults have been studing these things for 50 years and we disagree. Many of us have become quite good at telling the difference between hoaxes and things that cannot be explained.

One tool that we use is to analyse the light that comes from an object. We can determine the difference between normal human-made light and light that we cannot match to anything known.

I also heard from another friend, that they have hovering cars, but only videogamers can fly em because every scientist doesn't no how?

That is just wrong, and rather silly. Different people have produced all sorts of hovering vehicles but they are always flown by test pilots because they are extremely dangerous.

A.T
(-)

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Maybe the drones you're talking about is a reference to the Greys, which have been described as drones, biological robots controlled by another race and used as slaves to run around and do the other controlling races dirty work.

Sometimes the race controlling the "drone" Greys are the orion Greys, which are usually taller than the more common Reticulan Greys (drones) or sometimes it's said that reptilians are the controlling force behind the Greys.

They're just theories (or more accurately speculation) that float around the net. I don't claim belief in these theories.

This is just another interpretation of Greys I didn't notice whilst reading this thread.

top topics

join