It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I've just felt/seen a shadow person.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I was sitting here at my computer with the bathroom light on just behind me when I saw the light go dim alot and then went back to normal like someone had walked past the door of the bathroom.

I turned around and there was nothing there and it didn't happen again. I then turned back to the computer about 10 seconds later it happaned again and then I was struck with fear and I couldn't turn around, it was like there was someone right next to me and I could just see their shadow right there.
Then I went into the bathroom and stood there for a bit and looked at the ground and leant against the wall and there was a shadow figure right next to my face. I got very creeped out and I couldn't move my right leg to move away. After about 20 seconds it disapeard and I sat back down at the computer and started typing this up.

Right now I can see it in the corner of my eye and have turned off the bathroom light and closed the door. I can feel the presence right now and it's making the hairs on the back of my neck stand still. I've never felt like this before and I've never believed in ghosts or shadow people but I do now.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Are you scared? Because I'm sitting here in the dark in a thunderstorm reading this and I'm scared just by the description. What did this thing look like - just like a shadow or could you make out any details? Was it only visible in your peripheral vision or did you see it directly?

Do you have a camera? If this is happening right now, you could snap some pics or better yet film it. Also, are you sure that there isn't an actual somebody in your house? That is what I would think if I saw shadows out of the corner of my eye and to me that's a much more frightening thought.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
It's raining here.
No, there's no one in my house that's awake. (I'm 15, I don't live alone)
The light being cut out was in front of my and on my sides because the light goes into my room, the shadow person next to my face in the bathroom was kind of in my direct vision; if I looked left but didn't move my head I could still see it in the same spot.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Hmm, why didn't you leave the house or something? I recall the time I first saw an aparition which resides in my house I stood for about five minutes in shock staring at the spot which the spirit last stood before fading away, at which point in time I went downstairs without going back up for a few hours...even though I needed something or another. I'm guessing you're either more so brave than I was when that happened to me, or you're still in shock? Is it still there with you now? And what was/is it doing?

[edit on 9/11/2005 by SkyFox2]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I have seen these shadow people and animals for such a long time that I just take it for granted now. Not only in my home but in other homes as well. They don't scare me...if they did I would be scared most of the time...lol

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Wow..im 16 now..thats pretty interesting..i acually feel the spirits all the time..ive grow to just accept it..and be friendly..lmao but i do remember the first and that had being the only time i had encountered a shadow spirit...i was like in 5th grade i think..i was coming out of my moms bathroom..when i stoped at the entrance of her door to feel somebody right next to my face leaning in..whispering my name into my ear...then run past my into her wall...hah,i ran so fast..although i shouldnt have....btw you say you see them all the time...has any of them talked to you..like conversations?..have they tryed to hurt you or others?...just want a heads up

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Iam 53 and have seen so many shadow people and never once has one bothered me in any way. You ask have I tried talking to one, no they come and go so fast they don't linger that's for sure. I think they are very busy people..lol. Also I have had many precious animals, cats and dogs that I loved pass away and I also think that they come back to visit me every once in a while as I have seen them as shadow animals.
Here is a strange story, right before my sweet doberman Ruby passed away my husband and I both would see her laying somewhere in the house and when we would walk to her she wasen't there, she was somewhere else in the house. That made me think that she had a special friend watching and waiting for her. Possibly knowing as we did not that she was going to pass away, she was only 5 and died from an enlarged heart. Never saw that shadow dog after Ruby passed on.
Anyway I personally think that shadow people are passed away loved ones just coming to check up on us every now and then....I think it's an honor to be able to see them.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I have seen and heard very ethereal signs of them, such as shadows, swaying blinds, whispered conversations, etc. I was told long ago that they are not evil, but I don't know that for a fact.
I just saw the emily rose movie, and considering my belief in such things, it had a strong impact on me.
Do demons exist? Do they possess some of us? If so, do they lie? I believe in angels, but I am not as firmly convinced about demons. Anyone's personal experiences would be welcome, either here or u2u, if preferred.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
I believe in angels, but I am not as firmly convinced about demons.

There can't be good without there being bad.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Why can there be no right without wrong, good without evil, etc.?
I tend to agree that it is true, but if so, then the attempt to lessen evil is futile, as it will lessen goodness too. And also, Hitler, Stalin, Bundy, Dahmer, etc. then become the generators of much goodness by creating so much evil...? It makes no sense to me, yet I have to agree that so far, my view is that the two are inseparable........
I hope to learn they are not so someday, and that evil can decrease as good grows.... I think it can, but that is not my experience.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Good/bad are just beliefs. They are not real in any way. Purely thoughts and concepts - symbols if you will.

I have seen shadow people too. I don't think anything of them really. I don't know enough about them to cast any opinions.

I am sending you thoughts of love.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I cannot accept that good and bad are just concepts, or beliefs, and not something more. I wish for everyone to have more love and less hate in their lives, and for more people to offer other people help, and less people to inflict harm on others. To me that is a wish for more good, and less bad.
If they are not real, then what am I wishing for? I am serious, and know that many agree with your post, but I see good and bad as more than just thoughts, they are two sides of a line, in my view. And I feel that everything we think, say, or do can be put on one side or the other. Some say there is no absolute ethics, that it is all relative. I don't know for sure, but I feel there is a clear difference between right and wrong. No one has convinced me otherwise so far, though many have told me why my view cannot be right.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
i just saw the good/bad discussion and decided to post my belief. There are good angels and there are definately bad ones. As far as increasing goodness, well God allowed evil to live in this world (original sin). There is a battle going on between good and evil that has been going on forever and will continue until the second coming of Christ when he will banish evil to hell forever. I pray that none of you ever experience this evil the way I have. I have never experienced a good angel but I firmly believe they exist. Im sure youve heard the saying which is something like "I only know that Jesus is real because I know the devil so well."

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Neither good nor bad exist except in the human mind.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Good and bad exist in my world. I see the harming of innocents and the forgiving and helping of those who harm us as very real things. And very different. Is being a serial killer just evil in theory? Is Mother Teresa just good in theory? Are they not real? In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is. I would think that if good and evil exist only in our minds, then murder, war, torture, and violence are no better or worse than charity, love, hope, and faith. They are just the same outside of our minds if good and evil only exist within our minds. I hope I never decide that that is the case, cuz there are a lot of jerks out there that will be very unhappy with my actions should I one day realize that murder is just evil in my mind, and not in the real world.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
To get back on topic, I dont necessarily think these shadow people every one has been seeing are bad.

I think the most important question we here at ATS should be asking is "What is the signifigance of all these people confirming their existence and apparent interest in us."

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I will leave the philosophy of good verses evil to others as I have not felt any evil or bad from a shadow person. I personally don't think any of the shadow animals I have seen could possibly be bad as I think most or all were family pets. I know mine were well loved in their lifes.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
To put their existence into the simplest terms....they are living in a frequency that is easly percieved with human eyes. Just like the fact that energy is everywhere around us, there are things that we cannot perceive but simply do exist. There have been so many different animals that at first when they were talked about thought to be figments of imagination ( duck-billed Platapus beings one) But when they living creature was finally found, our awareness was broadened. What these beings intentions are is uncertain. From what I've expeirenced they are more curious then harmful, althought there is the occasional few that delight in causing fear and torment. Just like some people love to hurt others, i feel that every species is capable of having a bad seed.

-Aza

fum

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azathoth
To put their existence into the simplest terms....they are living in a frequency that is easly percieved with human eyes. Just like the fact that energy is everywhere around us, there are things that we cannot perceive but simply do exist. There have been so many different animals that at first when they were talked about thought to be figments of imagination ( duck-billed Platapus beings one) But when they living creature was finally found, our awareness was broadened. What these beings intentions are is uncertain. From what I've expeirenced they are more curious then harmful, althought there is the occasional few that delight in causing fear and torment. Just like some people love to hurt others, i feel that every species is capable of having a bad seed.

-Aza

ty thats all you need to know and if you need some1 to talk to about your expiriences or a shoulder to cry on and stuff im always here for you man ive had many expiriences

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   
This is a very interesting discussion. Are "shadow people" actual shadows (that have the same movement as a shadow caused by loss of light behind an object) or are they actually three-dimensional beings that are dark?

Anyway, I believe I have seen something that fits the last description (3-d, dark beings). A few weeks ago, I saw something out of the corner of my eye, it ran from under the dining table, which is to the right of me, and headed towards the door, which is about 4 metres away from the table. I was quite confused about this situation. I thought it was a cat at first, but I hadnt noticed it under the table until it ran.

Then, last week my friend was here with me and said, "You don't have a cat, do you? Ive just seen one in here." A few days after, I was sat here and the same thing happened to me. The cat ran from under the table and out the door. (which is always closed)

I had a cat from when I was about five years old and it died when I was about thirteen.

Am I right thinking this is the cat I once had?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join