It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compilation of FFVII

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Final Fantasy VII is a video game that was Squaresoft (now Square Enix)'s first Final Fantasy game on the PlayStation. It was later released for the PC (albeit less successfully), with Eidos Interactive as the distributor. It is my favorite game of all time, and I guess due to the popularity of the smash hit, Square Enix plans on releasing a movie (Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children) which is a sequal and a bunch of video games that revolve around the storeline of the orignal game.

Final Fantasy Advent Children:Two years after the events in "Final Fantasy VII", a disease called 'Seikon-Shoukougun', or 'Geostigma', is spreading through the planet. This disease is believed to have been caused by the body fighting off foreign material that invaded the body two years earlier, at the end of "Final Fantasy VII". Guilt-ridden and haunted by his past, ex-SOLDIER Cloud Strife has decided to live a secluded, solitary life away from his friends while maintaining "Strife's Delivery Service", whose headquarters is located in Tifa Lockheart's bar, the Seventh Heaven. Tifa's bar serves as an orphanage for children stricken with Geostigma. Here, Tifa keeps an eye on Barret's six-year-old daughter, Marlene, while Barret searches the planet for an alternative energy source to the fossil fuel, Mako. One day, Cloud receives a phone call from the former Shinra, Inc. president, Rufus, asking him for protection from a mysterious man named Kadaj. Kadaj, in the meantime, along with his brothers Loz and Yazoo, are searching for their "mother", and seem to believe that Cloud knows where to find her. Meanwhile, Vincent Valentine has been wandering the planet gathering information on Kadaj's scheme, and Cloud and his friends must come together again to fight these new enemies.
This is to be released on October 1st, 2005(US). (Unconfirmed)

Final Fantasy 7 Before Crisis:Before Crisis (BC) is the the second released title in the Final Fantasy VII Compilation. It's set 6 years before Final Fantasy VII and you play the role of a Turk.
As of now, Before Crisis is available ONLY in Japan as a cellphone game. So far, the phones that can handle BC are the P900i, P900iV, N900i, N900iS, SH900i, SH901iC (Felica), F901iC (Felica), N901iC (Felica), and the P901i.
Before Crisis has been confirmed for the US, but the problems of when and how still remain.

Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core:Little is known about this game. Rumors are that you take the role of Cloud's old friend Zack (A character who was killed by Sephiroth that took place before the storyline of FF7)
This game will be released on PSP (Playstation Portable)

Dirge of Cerberus:The third announced title in the Compilation, starring Vincent Valentine. While it was first speculated that the game was going to be a Third Person Shooter, the game has been classified as an "RPG Shooter", combining both RPG and third person shooters and RPGs.
As for storyline, apparently a group known as the Deep Ground Soldiers, who were locked under ground during the Meteor Crisis, have reappeared and begun to murder people they see unfit to live.
Playstation 2 release sometime near in the Winter of 2005. (Unconfirmed)

Well, that's them!

Since Final Fantasy 7 is my favorite game off at time, I am extremely excited about the upcomming releases! I simply cannot wait for the movie to be released, (released in asia in a couple of days) I believe it's going to be a major hit. This will make up for the movie everyone thought Final Fantasy-The Spirts Within was going to be like. (Personally hated the movie)

Any FF7 fans out there? What do you think?

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Here I be, I love ff7 not too hot on the others though

Sephiroth was the greatest, in my sig I got the lyrics to the sephiroth song " One winged Angel" cept I replaced his name with mine cause I'm a bitch.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I just want a straight remake of FF6 please. That was the best of the series by far.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
I just want a straight remake of FF6 please. That was the best of the series by far.

i totally agree. the story in ffvi was the deepest and best by far. that game was just incredible.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   
The PS3 technical demo of FF7 was tantalizing, but sadly it sounds as though theres no plans for a ps3 version. Cloud and Aeris looked amazing in full PS3 glory

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonchild

Originally posted by sardion2000

i totally agree. the story in ffvi was the deepest and best by far. that game was just incredible.

The story of vi (IMO) does not even touch VII's.
Reading some of the 'Secrets and Mysteries' will give you a better view on how "deep" the storyline goes. ff7 citadel

Also, if anyone wants to watch previews of Advent Children or Crisis Core go to this site: www.adventchildren.net...

Or you could just go to the offical Advent Children site:na.square-enix.com...

[edit on 11-9-2005 by Useful 1diot]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Yesss! The movie leaked. Can't wait to see it!

Even though it's going to be in Japanese...Oh well!

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Subs will be out days later, just wait.

Also, saw the Technical Trailer for PS3, and I heard they were planning on making FF7 for PS3 due to the popularity of it, use it like Halo 3 will be used for Xbox 360.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Well, I just watched it, with Eng. subs!

I must say, I was VERY pleased with this movie!

Amazing!

I thought it was kinda short though.. Oh well, I'm happy!

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   
WOW just WOW that was a incredible experience
:bnghd:

best CGI ever, better than real life itself!!!

Incredible combat scenes, better than anything ive seen before!!!

WOWOW

get that movie somehow and watch it, love it, rinse, repeat

[edit on 13-9-2005 by moonchild]

[edit on 13-9-2005 by moonchild]

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
might just be me but i could never get hooked onto ffVII. now the game i thik should be made into a movie would be FF8 or FFVIII. the gf's would be awsome and im sure they would make a good movie outta the story line

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The quality of FF7 versus the new and old installments is something Final Fantasy fans can never truly agree upon....

As for myself, FF7 is one of those games I simply could not stop playing - One of the greatest RPGs of all time in my book...

So this is friggin awesome news man! I can't wait to get some more of that smack in my veins!

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I watched Advent Children 6 times already!
I've never been able to do that with any movie..

It inspired me to start a new game in FFVII!
I'm just leaving Midgar now. :p

top topics

join