It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: New Orleans Begins Confiscating Citizens' Firearms

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
as i predicted, it made no difference what the pretext was for taking guns. the authorities in new orleans encountered no resistance whatsoever in their confiscation of firearms from their owners; people meekly handed over their means to defend themselves, while the useless, pathetic NRA sat there in mute acknowledgement.
it makes me nauseous.

if i were to walk into a police station and demand all their guns i would wind up either in a mental hospital or jail. it should be no different in new orleans, where now more than ever there is a logical benefit to having a gun and plenty of ammo. this was a test, people, and we failed it miserably.

but what can i do?
people trust and respect big government and revere authority figures, and will screw themselves as soon as they are told to by those authority figures. whatever they say to the contrary is pure bull.

[edit on 11-9-2005 by victor was right]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by victor was right
...while the useless, pathetic NRA sat there in mute acknowledgement.

I just went to the NRA website and the only mention of this story is two screens down in a small little link.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Contrary to popular belief the NRA is not the Pro-Gun Rights Group people thank they are. If we lose are rights as gun owners it will be with the NRAs blessing. I have said over and over the NRA is our (gun owners) enemy not our friend.

What is happening down there is not right and I am amazed they are meekly handing them over. Whither it pisses off DC or whoever the Second Amendment is clear on the subject and a disaster like this is one of the REASONS we have it. If you don't have a right to self-protection in a area with TOTAL break down in authority where do you have it?

I am writing my Congressmen and suggest everyone do the same.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Folks, this event has made me make my mind. I'm buying a gun and tons of ammo! I'm doing it within the next week. I feel very threatened by these actions of the feds. This event is not going to be limited to NO. If the feds believe they can and are getting away with this disarming, which I believe they do, they're NOT going to stop! It will be coming to a town near you in the next few years! I would bet my life on it! They will use existing crises in other parts of the nation and exploit them and use them to legitimize taking our guns in THOSE areas as well. If it's only a small crisis, they will exaggerate it and claim it's huge and that they will HAVE to do something in order to stop it, because come on people, they're like gods, and only they could stop it. If it's a large crisis, they will exploit it, and ensure that things that need to happen in order to lessen the results, don't happen. This is what they have done in NO! FEMA has cut local police communication lines, refused trucks of water to come in, banned people from getting out for the first several days, and so on!

Now here is the most important thing of all to realize. If there are no existing crises to legitimize their deceptive, trashy, inhumane, and unconstitutional actions (for example taking our guns!!!!!!) then, listen very carefully, they will MAKE a crisis! They will bomb some city/town and blame it on arabs, and the proof will be some lame tape of al quaeda claiming responsibility they will all tell us to watch like morons. A tape of exceptionally LAME quality that any KID could make in his basement if he wanted to! In the aftermath of the explosion, the feds will prey on the people's panic and fear, and they WILL TAKE CONTROL. They could also release a virus of some sort, giving them an excuse to quarantine cities, separate people out and keep them locked up. Then they will move to the next area of the country they want to rape! Or they could do any number of things to create some kind of crisis. I don't think anyone can argue against me about the fact that our government has the resources and capability of carrying out what I described above. The problem people have is believing that they WOULD do it. Well I'm here to say that they DEFINITELY would! They get more power, control and money after each traumatic event in this nation.

Bottom line people. Arm yourselves NOW and ORGANIZE so that when disaster hits, and the feds come to your door with big boots, armed to the teeth, yelling at you demandingly, pointing a gun in your face, you can fight back! Because if you don't do this, then there will be nothing stopping them. You won't have a chance to organize AFTER a disaster and AFTER they confiscate your weapons and kick you out of your homes. Please, you must do this, for the sake of our preservation of the rights we have left!

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Contrary to popular belief the NRA is not the Pro-Gun Rights Group people thank they are. If we lose are rights as gun owners it will be with the NRAs blessing. I have said over and over the NRA is our (gun owners) enemy not our friend.

i've long suspected that....

charlton heston?

"from my cold dead hands!" ??

the saddest part is how most people are ignorant of their right, if not their DUTY, to violently oppose certain government policies.

alex jones stock just went way up.....

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Can you expand on that Amuk? Outside the US, pretty much the impression is that the NRA are the bastions of gun ownership rights in the States. "...from my cold, dead hand!" etc etc

[edit on 2005-9-11 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace

Can you expand on that Amuk?

I would prefer starting another thread on the subject, I dont have the time to gather it all togather right now but will tryt to get it togather tonight or tommorow. That way I can go into the subject in depth and give it the attention it deserves, as it is a complex problem.

I will post a link here OK?

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Check out this video below.....
Police forcibly tackling elderly, confiscating firearms and dragging them out of their homes
www.prisonplanet.com...

This shiz wouldn't happen from where I'm from.......................

[edit on 11-9-2005 by XPhiles]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
I would prefer starting another thread on the subject, ...

I will post a link here OK?

That would be great.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Here's a FOX News video of an elderly lady being tackled to the ground by police during a forced evacuation:

VIDEO LINK

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Here's a FOX News video of an elderly lady being tackled to the ground by police during a forced evacuation:

VIDEO LINK

WCIP - do you have another link by any chance? That one needs to be downloaded, which I don't do...

One big issue that's overlooked with the focus on New Orleans' "poor welfare renters" - is the fact that low income home owners are being forcibly removed from their own property. ...They will not get it back, and they know it. They will be taken far from home, detained, pieced off with bupkas, and forgotten.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Here's the page link, but the video wouldn't load for me which is why I obtained the direct link to the file.

www.prisonplanet.com...

BTW, they confiscated her little handgun as well.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   

BTW, they confiscated her little handgun as well.

Thanks for the link.

BTW - Where are all those people who were fighting so fiercely to defend their right to bear arms?

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
In one way I understand that since the military is now in control of NO, they want to stop any violent actions like what happened in NO after the hurricane went through.

I also do understand and agree that according to the second amendment we are entitled to own guns, and unless they are frisking everybody, the criminals will continue having weapons, and they will continue in their violent rampage of killing, raping, looting, ect, ect.

I would like to find out who it was that gave this order, and not rumors.... I would like to see the facts before deciding what this is all about.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
99.9 % sure it must have come from Washington DC. Dont you think?

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
BTW - Where are all those people who were fighting so fiercely to defend their right to bear arms?

And where's the mainstream media? When the NYT reported it, I thought that it would be all over the wires within hours. Yet the MSM is being VERY quiet about the whole thing. A YahooNews search comes up with lots of local papers reporting it, but the big guns are conspicuous by their absence.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
99.9 % sure it must have come from Washington DC. Dont you think?

But even if that can't be proved - isn't it the President's job to protect the Constitution and the people of the United States of America? ...I remember something about the President being the "Commander-in-Chief" - or was that a hallucination? Like, I am suffering from some form of early onset dementia?

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I saw the 45 lb old lady being tackled to the ground because she had a gun, i dont know if it was plastic or metal but in any case, they THREW HER TO THE GROUND...Wouldnt it have sufficed to pin her slightly and take the gun? or make her drop it?
Did they have to have that spectacle on national television? A frail starving little woman with no strength to pull the trigger?

A swat team, negotiators or even a stun gun would probably have caused less damage than that. For all i know she's probably dead from the fall.

But..its acceptable because we have no backbone and we are programed to beleive that that little woman WOULD HAVE PULLED THE TRIGGER and what were we to do?
Not using force? ha! I want to see pictures of how these people are "sweet talked " into leaving their homes or giving up their fire arms.
Are there any of those pictures around?

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I haven't seen that video. I am close to the Canadian border working on a rig and we don't get a lot of news up here, even though we have satellite. I do not trust Alex Jones, is there any original links to whatever news media recorded this?

[edit on 11-9-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Well i saw it on CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, The Situation Room, and countless other outlets. I have not looked for a link but beleive me its real.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join