It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War to stop the Oil Euro

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Okay, I know DR has aired is views on the state of the OPEC possible shift in Oil currency.

Well within a week the whole world will know the decision so I thought I'd raise this topic here with a link I have just found. This should be of relevence:

www.indymedia.org.uk...

What is everyone elses' opinion on this?

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I am patienly waiting........and watching. Both the vote and things that happen locally. This is a huge issue, and not a blip of it in the mainstream media?

id be worried.

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Nope, and you won't see it in the mainstream media...

What? You want the stock market to go...
????

Personally, the US has to be doing something about this behind the scenes... GWB, an oil man, isn't about to let this happen (even if he is an idiot)...

If however, it does go down, there's always the trump card of releasing alternative fuels, etc. (the patents they've been sitting on for years), while using the federal oil reserves to keep away the gouging. You've already seen some of this in the way of some of the newer hybrid cars....

I for one, hope it stays on the dollar...or GW will begin all kinds of havok in the middle east, and we, the american public, will be powerless to stop it...(and worse, won't want him to...)

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Good article but goes on forever.

I don't completly agree with dr on this view, however, I'm sure Bush had it in mind and was worried about it...
This brings up a great question though,
Is anyone truly worrie though?
I mean, Bush can just order a couple of princes or hig-ranking generalsassasinad nd the switch will be forgotten.

...It's scary, yet, comforting in a sense...
- Tassadar

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I'm not really scared about any econonic changes, because the UK could probably and possible will change to the Euro at will. But it is the US's governments actions that concern me. What if they don't get there own way?

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 02:56 PM
link   
If we don't get our wayl, the answer is simple...(but not pretty)

More denouncing of middle eastern nations as "terrorist sponsors" and reckless invasions of said countries, to not so covertly seize control of their oil assets. In short, the idiot prelude to WWIII, with Dubya running the show....

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Gazrok,
You're just so to the point today.
It mus feel great havn thrown away political correctness, you sound so enlightened

- Tassadar

new topics

top topics

join