It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help test Firefox 1.5!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Firefox 1.5 Beta has been released. This is not the final product but a beta version to test it out. So help test the worlds best browser! You can download it here

Atomix

[edit on 9/9/05 by Atomix]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I was one of the first on board to test the beta version of Firefox before the original release, and I loved it right from the start.

Right now I use version 1.0.6 and I'm very happy with it. I was just wondering if any other members had installed the new 1.5 version, and how it was going?
Are there any bugs I should know about before I do the switch?
Will the new version import my settings and bookmarks?
Can I continue to use 1.0.6 while running a separate 1.5 while it's in beta?

I'd be very curious to know just what percentage of ATS members are using Firefox as opposed to others such as IE, Opera etc.....

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I think the 1.5 overwrites your 1.0.6. It imports your favourites and stuff like that. I havent found any bugs yet.

[edit on 12/9/05 by Atomix]

[edit on 12/9/05 by Atomix]

Edit: at posters request.

[edit on 16-9-2005 by intrepid]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Okay I will test it too...
Very cool images btw...

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I like to see this sort of upgrade float around for a couple weeks before I make the leap myself. But I think in this case I will make the exception.
I have never had any big problems with Firefox so I have some trust with them.

I'll put it on the microwave in the kitchen for a week or so before I put it on the main system, just to see how it goes.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I will have to check this out. I am currently using firefox 1.0.3. I think it and Opera are my favorite browsers. Even though my pref has to be firefox as it is my primary.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
My microwave only has dial-up so the download took about 12 min.
The install was very smooth, I chose to do the custom setup and it worked well.
All my settings are the same and all bookmarks were imported.

I did a reboot after the install with no problems and was able to connect and run Firefox.
My start page was: www.recipes.com... (it's a kitchen computer) but the intall changed it to: www.mozilla.org...

I change it to: abovetopsecret.com...

The install asked to check for extention updates, but found none.

This is my first post on the beta version and I'm happy so far.
I'll let everyone know how it goes, and please let me know if you have any problems.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
All my extentions say they are not compatable with 1.4.0 but I intalled 1.5 beta.
I have removed all my extentions and will try to start loading them from scratch.

It might be that the extentions have not caught up with the new program yet.

We'll see what happens.......
Any feedback????? Is this happening to you???

EDIT: I can highlight and search the web from text on the page (it goes to Google)
Can't run dictionary search though........
I need that, I can't spell

[edit on 12/9/2005 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Make sure you created a new profile when you installed 1.5.

Read what it says about Extensions here on the Deer Park page.

Ill be testing this once a ebuild is entered into portage so I can emerge Firefox. I dont like compiling packages out of portage if i dont have too.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I did a clean download and install but the error message says it is not compatable with 1.4.

From the link that dreamlandmafia put in:

Extensions and Themes

You may run into issues with our new Extension Compatibility and Update mechanism. There are simple workarounds for each of the three problems we're aware of.

* If after you run the Firefox 1.5 Beta installer, the extension compatibility and update wizard does not appear, go to the Extension Manager and manually check for updates.
* If the Extension Compatibility and Update wizard appears but does not complete, first try to focus some other window and return focus to the wizard. If that does not correct the problem, hit Cancel and go to the Extension Manager and manually check for updates.
* If the Extension Compatibility and Update wizard downloads and installs extension updates but those updates are not applied, open the Extension Manager and manually check for updates.

Extensions installed under Firefox 1.0 may be incompatible and/or require updates to work with Firefox 1.5 Beta. Please report any issues to the maintainer of the extension. When you install Firefox 1.5 Beta all of your Extensions and Themes may be disabled until Firefox 1.5 Beta determines that either a) they are compatible with the Firefox 1.5 Beta release or b) there are newer versions available that are compatible. This is because Firefox changes from release to release and as such the ways in which some extensions integrate changes, meaning there can be problems when running an older extension with a newer version of Firefox. If you find that your favorite Extension or Theme has not been updated to be compatible with this release of Firefox, write the author and encourage them to update it.

It looks like we may have to wait for some extentions to catch up with Firefox 1.5 Beta.
I hope the authors of these programs are on the ball and working on new versions that work with 1.5

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Now the old version I have is wanting to update to 1.0.7 without a mention of 1.5 Beta.
I run the 1.5 Beta on the kitchen microwave and I'm sorry I ever installed it. I was happy with what I had, and most extentions won't work with the Beta version.

I will update the main system with 1.0.7 and see how it goes. I have never had a problem with an update from Firefox, but I will be watching it.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
Firefox 1.5 Beta has been released. This is not the final product but a beta version to test it out. So help test the worlds best browser! You can download it here

Atomix

[edit on 9/9/05 by Atomix]

Some feed back on how your doing with 1.5 would be helpful.
This thread seemed to die very fast without other members getting on board.

Am I the only one working with Firefox........

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
No, I'm on it, I'm fine with it, nothing notable to report. If my computer blows up, I'll let you know.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Good to know.

What version are you running??????

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
1.5 beta 1....

I'm a big fan of firefox, so I'm trying the beta. What about you?

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I'm testing the 1.5 Beta on the kitchen computer right now, but I'm having problems with extentions.

I have 1.0.6 on my main system, but it won't download the last release.
Busy server???

I won't put the 1.5 on the other computers until I get the bugs out of my microwave, or 1.5 comes out of Beta.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Turn the microwave on for 10 minutes, that takes care of that. I'm still working on the extensions, but its the same with all the versions for me, so I don't consider it a "problem".

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I'm running the Beta version on a mod. that I built for my kitchen.

Are Any Members Doing Mods.???
www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I see, I have an ammo case running mini-itx, a cereal box with mini-itx and a humidor work in progress.

I'm hoping to use an attache case next. I want the only thing outside the case to be the power cable. Mount lcd in the top, components on bottom, with keyboard and mouse on top of components, with a power strip on the side.

Microwave is cool though, I like the screen in the door idea.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kalapadea
I see, I have an ammo case running mini-itx, a cereal box with mini-itx and a humidor work in progress.
I'm hoping to use an attache case next. I want the only thing outside the case to be the power cable. Mount lcd in the top, components on bottom, with keyboard and mouse on top of components, with a power strip on the side.

I don't know what a "mini-itx" is, but I'm looking for other ATS members that modify machines into other objects.

I'm starting on a coffee table right now, but would be interested in what others are building.

I like the "attache case" idea

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join