It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Orleans Blog and live video feeds, also amazing photos.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I hope there is not too much strain on the server, here's a chap's blog who is in New Orleans trying to keep a hosting company runnig.
If you check out the links in the blog there are hundred's of first hand photos of the whole incident and there are also current live video feeds at the top of the page.
Please just remember to sign off the video when you are done looking so it doesn't take up too much bandwidth and mess it up for everybody else.

mgno.com...

[edit on 9-9-2005 by AgentSmith]

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Very Nice Source for photos and videos.

Here's my favourite:

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
question, where is all the water? when were these taken? so is it really the 'poor' areas that flooded? i looked over a great deal of these pics and there aren't any showing deep water and houses covered

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   
MOst of the pictures I believe are taken from near where the guy is staying, somewhere in the business district.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
On the photo`s page 3 of the linkmgno.com... down the page a bit there`s a photo of guy thats just picked up some water there`s a caption under it referring to a sign painted in red" EMS "in America does that stand for Emergency medical supplies?if it is you would`nt see that from 50 yards away.

I`m guessing whoever put the caption under the photo was pointing out that the tiny little sign would`nt alert many people to the fact that water is there?i guess that because in photo`s near the top of the page there is a group of people complaining that the main traffic of walking people are`nt walking along that route.

From that vantage spot it still seems like an admin debacle.

Interesting find and pic`s AgentSmith

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I have just spent the last hour browsing these images. If i didn't know any different, i would swear they came straight out of Iraq.

The similarities are uncanny. It is hard to believe that this is in Americas back yard.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
It's the Big Easy allright, just not the one I worked in years ago. The water is further north of this commercial district ave. You can see some water in a few of the earlier picture.

Today I noticed a number of fuel trucks moving into the area as well as a large generator I would say 250-500KWatter. Also a lot of cleanup has started with industrial cleaning companies moving in such as Goff and Belfore. The latter is local, not sure about Belfore.

What is really amazing is that these guys are aiming cameras off of roof tops at guys holding rifles and some big guns. Hope one of them don't get mistakened for a sniper and peppered with bullets like the reporters in Iraq. Seems unlike since they know the team is in the tower but it just takes one armed person not aware. The story is amazing with these guys sticking it out through all this.

new topics

top topics

join