It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sylvia Browne: Psychic Guru or Quack?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Cause there are causes that need funding.. like someone said, what you edspect people to run these things on hopes and dreams. Unfortunately this life dont work like that, its more about how much money you have.. and some charity org is always asking for money... Why?? cause things are not free.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Quack, Quack, Quack..........

And I don't know how to type the sound that a bull makes when it takes a crap.
How about: Plop, Plop, Plop............

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
she's like this woman we had over in the netherlands. Yomanda. she had certain gifts as well, but seeing she went on to make profits and such she was stripped of her gifts. i think something similar happend to sylvia. still riding her glory days, making money with false readings.

as for money making. sorry but most people that are on a spiritual path and are pretty decent at what they say that they can do (they're still learning as is everyone else just more ahead of people). but when you're on that path you will learn that money means very little and that it doesn't weigh up against the bigger rewards you can achieve then earthly possesions.

same reason i don't do a lottery any more. i just say who wins or not and that's all i gotta say about a football match. it's robbing money from people who need it more then i do. and why should i do that...to make myself feel better for a few minutes? nah not worth it. and yes there is also the karma punishment of doing so...so it's even less interesting for me to put money on it.

[edit on 5-8-2005 by Enyalius]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Total Fraud! I can't believe people actually listen to her BS. When you watch her on Montel, you can tell she's making crap up, I can't believe how dumb some people can be.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I don't trust anybody that chargest money for knowledge. Psychic hotlines = cut. Writing a book teaching people how they can do such things themselves, okay I can understand. Selling is a much easier way to get it to an interested audience than even giving it away, and you make the profit you need to live and help people at the same time. But anything else... no. If you want to help police departments locate missing/dead people and give people closure (assuming psychics can do these things for real), all the power to you. But don't do it for a profit. Especially since if a few can manage it, all people are capable of such things.

[edit on 5-8-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   

from WorldWatcher
we currently have several active and many more inactive threads on Sylvia Browne, her predictions, and her validity.
Sylvia Browne

Sylvia Browne's predictions for next 100 years.

Prophecy 2008 & Beyond, Sylvia Browne

Sylvia Browne's next 100 years predictions.

Jut thought I'd add some links to other S. Browne threads.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
I don't trust anybody that chargest money for knowledge.

I had this same question answered my someone who is known in canada for this kinda thing.

I am going to post the conversation on here without a name or anything.. for me or him. Cause I dont use my real internet name on this forum.. cause of paranoia.

Anyway this conversation started because we were talking about that EU show called Most Haunted. He brought the name Edward up and I asked him about John Edwards
Anyway this is where the conversation starts with my 1st question.

This isnt edited so sorry about that just the names are.

ThichHeaded: how about that fruitckae John Edwards.. I think he is FoS
ThichHeaded: or Silvia brown
Him: No he's very real.
Him: He worked with me at a test in University of Arizona
ThichHeaded: He seems like a con artist type
ThichHeaded: saying # to fast
Him: Gary Schwartz tests psychics.
Him: And Sylvia Browne is very real also.
Him: You're just subject to the slander
ThichHeaded: I have a question
Him: darkness and negativity pools together to publish slander about these people instilling doubt into weaker minds.
Him: Don't doubt these men and women who work to help others.
ThichHeaded: If you have this power. Why do you make people pay to use it.. Its sorta like knowledge right?? and isnt Knowledge suppost to be free??
ThichHeaded: I aint saying it in a bad way
ThichHeaded: I just dont understand it
Him: John Edward is different. I don't know why people charge. Sylvia Browne always says "If you need to make money. Don't be a psychic. Get a job. The only reason any psychic should ever charge is if they are supporting others". Sylvia has a staff, kids, and a church to support financially
Him: I myself spend every penny that I earn to keep the research centre open
Him: No real psychic charges
Him: Many many many psychics have always done it for Free
Him: Doris Stokes of England (died in the 80's
Him: always did it for free
Him: Rosemary Altea
Him: Does it for free
Him: She is in Vermont but from England
Him: Many very gifted psychics don't charge. They are perhaps the most gifted of all.
ThichHeaded: Rosemary Altea I have heard of her
ThichHeaded: I dont know from where.... tho...
Him: Yup. She doesn't charge any money. She has a huge waiting list and has moved people who have dead children to the top
ThichHeaded: No from TV either.. I dont watch TV.. after they killed tw we stopped watching TV
Him: hehehe
ThichHeaded: haha
ThichHeaded: to much reality bs
ThichHeaded: So you do readings and # for a price, but u use that to pay for something worth while??
Him: That's right
Him: And my goal is to make enough money as an author to stop charging for readings in the future.
Him: But that's between me and God.
Him: I started giving readings to peopel around town for free six years ago
Him: People began to line up outside my parents house and I'd sit with them at the kitchen table
Him: I got the office last year, it's been open for a year now. I have clients all over Ontario, and in Montreal who come to see me.
ThichHeaded: You like your work??
ThichHeaded: do you have a normal job or anything
Him: This takes up all my time
Him: It's my career and it's the best job in the galaxy
Him: Best thing about my boss is, he's an equal opportunity employer
------------------------------------
---------------------

From this conversation I was like you, I always wondered why someone who had this gift would make someone pay for knowledge cause I think Knowledge should be free. But on the other hand I stated in my above post these people do other things most of the time to help understand this kinda thing so they help fund research on this kinda thing.

I think its nobel of them considering that can be assholes about it and not try and help at all.

[edit on 8/5/2005 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
You should read this about her, some of it is funny.

www.skepticreport.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
As i've said in the previous Sylvia threads, to her credit, she did say on Larry King live that she saw the towers crumbling down in 2000. BUT
her prophecies, and her pricey books, dont talk about the next 5, or 10 years (lets face it, we all would like some insight as to this time slot) instead they talk about 100 years from now...
Come on, Sylvia, dont pull an "Art Bell" on us, tell us what you see happening under this administration. Dont be afraid to talk. If you talked, it might make you beleivable and you could redeem yourself.

Why are people so afraid? Surely she must have a feel for whats going on now. If she doesnt how can she tell what there is in 100 years? We'll all be dead anyway. Thats not very practical.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
First of all Sylvia Browne is not a quack. She is a burn out but not a
quack. Have any of you read any of her books? I have read Adventures
Of A Psychic, God Creation And Tools For Life, Soul's Perfection, The
Nature Of Good And Evil, and Prophecy. Most of them are a slow read
but they have a lot of good info. in them. Some of you were asking why
doesn't she give us prophecies that will happen now and not a 100 years
from now you need to read her book Prophecy. And another thing is didn't
Nostradamus write prophecies that happen well after he died. Sylvia Browne
has been doing this for along time if she was fake no one would come to her
for help. I do agree that she wants way to much money for her reading
but their a so many out there that you can find one in your price rang.
You'll were saying that psychics should not charge you what the do,
would you ask a teacher to teach for free? Would you ask a football
player to play for free? you are in high school they tell you to pick
something that you would like to do for the rest of your life maybe
psychics that charge are doing just that. What if your boss came up
to you one day and said that he/she should have to pay you for doing your
job because it isn't a real job. Wouldn't you get mad? Just because
you can't afford her readings you shouldn't call her a fraud. She is just
tired that why she comes off like she does. You have no idea how draining
it is to be a psychic. I know my boyfriend is one in training. He does
not charge now but he will when he gets good enough.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
I think it was past the next 100 years that she couldn't see anything.
Right, like any of us will be around to know what coming in 100 years?
This is what i hate about the woman, she wont incriminate herself by predicting anything within our lifetimes...sorry, but we need info about the here and now!

I'm repeating myself, i thought this was a new thread

[edit on 12-9-2005 by dgtempe]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join