It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Focus...Focus...Focus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I recently read an article by someone who says its a waste of time to practice things like prayer, or some other focusing technique to change circumstances because although it might work temporarily, the circumstance is bound to return once you stop the practice.

Well, the key is to never stop focusing, never letting your guard down. It doesn't take much effort for me to maintain focus in a specialized way. I do it on a smaller scale encompassing my inner circle of friends & family, almost constantly maintaining focus on their welfare while going about my usual business without breaking a sweat, so to speak. I've seen the fine results of this endeavour many times to know its not a waste of time for me.

Many people can't be bothered for some reason or another. Some try to rely on radionic machines or some other tool to do most of the work so they don't need to use their mind. The limited results speak for themselves. Tools have their place but IMO, they are an accompanient(sp) to a practice not the practice itself.

I wouldn't stop exercising & let my body deteriorate, and so the same philosophy applies to the mind.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Agreed. In order to attain peace of self, you must do it yourself.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
focus, concentration and visualisation is the ''key'' to many secrets. Telekinesis is a easy as seing the object move in your mind, then it will move in your ''physical'' reality.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Most of what I would have to say on this topic depends on what sort of circumstances you are talking about Questor.

There is a vast different between external and internal conditions. If you are talking about creating a change in yourself then I agree that you need to keep a certain amount of focus to avoid slipping back into old behaviors. But at the same time, depending on how you do the work, the amount of effort can vary.

If for example you wish to eliminate your Jealousy. If your technique is to keep that in mind and not act on what you feel then you are in for a constant struggle. If you can maintain it for years then eventually it will settle in and you will not have to work at it quite as hard.

But there are other techniques, ones where you focus more effort in a concentrated way that can achieve results. This does not eliminate the need to remember that you no longer wish to act this way but it can make the new change sink in much quicker.

The key is to involve more than just thoughts, to take actions, speak words, and in general dedicate your entire being to the effort. If you put everything you are into the effort, results will follow.

Now if you are talking about external circumstances things are a bit different. Each choice we make effects the directions of not only our lives, but the lives around us. I have seen many times how even one choice can alter the pattern of life forever, most people think about a really bad choice when I say this but it works for good ones as well.

Everyone carries around in their head an internal model of the people they know. This model is based on what they have seen and experienced of each person. But since we see only a fraction of others we also fill in the blanks with elements of our own personality. What this leads to is one person attempting to get another to fulfill what they wish them to be, rather than a true acceptance of what the other person really is.

These models are the source of much of the misunderstandings that occur between people. If you sit down and talk to someone about things you have never discussed before their model of you will change, and their behavior towards you will change as well.

That is just one example of how external circumstances can be changed with a small amount of effort. This sort of change will stick.

But perhaps none of this really relates to what you are talking about, perhas if you care to give a few examples I could be more specific.

Moonchild,

I agree with you in theory, but in reality there are a few other factors to deal with before you can achieve TK. I can toss objects around in my mind quite easily and see them clearly but I have never had any luck in the physical world.

First there is your own psychological reaction to consider, a person has to be able to deal with the consequences of their new ability. This is an easy thing to test, reach out your hand and will an object to fly to it. Then think about how you would feel if it did indeed happen, most people will get an involuntary fear reaction to some degree.

The second and much harder to overcome is the pressure put on all of us by the rest of the life on this planet. I can say all day long that TK is possible, but that will only affect those people who believe I know what I am talking about. But if I did it in front of you then there is little choice but to accept the fact that it is real. Some people would take refuge in the idea that 'it is just a trick' even if they cannot find any proof, but most people would be shocked and stunned.

Then some of them would learn to do the same. The changes that would then follow are staggering. Depending on how strong your belief that others have the right to decide their own fate you have to overcome this potential risk. To put it more simply, you have to believe that you have the right to introduce this change into Society.

The first condition I can handle, I have done enough other odd things to be able to deal with the idea of TK without the associated fear. The second though, that is the one I cannot easily overcome.

A.T
(-)

[edit on 9/7/05 by Alexander Tau]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   

The second and much harder to overcome is the pressure put on all of us by the rest of the life on this planet. I can say all day long that TK is possible, but that will only affect those people who believe I know what I am talking about. But if I did it in front of you then there is little choice but to accept the fact that it is real. Some people would take refuge in the idea that 'it is just a trick' even if they cannot find any proof, but most people would be shocked and stunned.

Then some of them would learn to do the same. The changes that would then follow are staggering. Depending on how strong your belief that others have the right to decide their own fate you have to overcome this potential risk. To put it more simply, you have to believe that you have the right to introduce this change into Society.

i strongly believe that the planet needs this right now. It is only natural that something rises to counterbalance the ''dark'' forces and persons currently at work. If the ''global spiritual awakening'' prophecy comes true, you can make sure a lot of people will arise with a widened consciousness and some ''freaky-paranormal-OMG'' abilities.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
These are good and positive thoughts, Ms Questor.

God knows there are several people in my most "inner circle" who are going through dramatic life changes with a degree of synchronicity. Some of them appear to be looking for a panacea to help or guide them through circumstances, be it a new commitment to religion or looking for scraps in a blame game to project their own personalities onto others and avoid looking deeply at what they have done.

I have attempted to send the most positive thoughts on a regular basis yet they seem to barely scratch the surface.

Have you a link or a reference to the article you read?

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I strongly believe that the planet needs this right now.

I agree with you, but the question is do they want it?

Since I see these sorts of Psi abilities as natural to humans that says to me that the reason they are not common is that we have chosen to have it this way. You can argue that many have allowed others to make this choice for them, but even that is still an indivdual choice.

It is certainly hard for someone like me who has spent years learning to develop these sorts of skills to understand why they are not common. I can easily see the massive benefits that becoming say Empathic would have on the human race. Who could kill another person if they knew they were going to experience the death as well? Who could live in the lap of luxury if they could feel the suffering around them without taking action?

But my respect for the Free Will of others is an absolute, everyone has the right to choose their own path, no matter how insane or self-destructive it may be. As long as you are not harming others then it is nobody's business but your own.

Things are getting better, the steady movement away from outdated Organized Religions to more individual Belief Systems is picking up steam every day.

A.T
(-)

[edit on 9/9/05 by Alexander Tau]

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Continuing from my original post, it's a good thing I generally keep it to myself as to who I include in my personal practice ritual of enclosing them in my 24/7 psi protective circle so to speak.

Friends come & go sometimes. When they go, I naturally evict them from this psi circle of protection. Sometimes, coincidentally they come to me later & tell me life hasn't been quite the same since we drifted apart. They say, since the rift, things like, they feel less safe, more anxiety, restlessness, something unexplainable missing etc.

Coincidental indeed. I simply wish them well & hope things turn around for them. What else am I suppose to say? That they were evicted? NOT.

top topics

join