It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barbara Bush: It's Good Enough for the Poor

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Barbara probably suffers form the same "mental" desease as Pat Roberston...LOL... these people crack me up ...

And come one... lets get serious here, I dont know what the heck she meant with that, but the point is people are beeing helped and taken very well cared off, regardless what Barbara says or not...its age ... and I'm not making up excuses, I'm simply saying she made anasty comment, but whatever she was tryingt o acomplished with it...didnt work.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I forgot about Barbara's "beautiful mind" comment until a co-worker reminded me about it earlier today. While that was a classic, I think her all-time best might still be the line she gave in the 2000 selection----errr, election---campaign, when she was asked about her two sons being Governors and one running for President and she said, "One in every five Americans is ruled by a Bush , and if we have our way, soon everyone will be again." In 1984 , when George Sr. was getting ready to debate Geraldine Ferrarro in the VP debate, Barbara Bush was aksed her opinion of Ferrarro and she said "it rhymes with ditch." She tried to explain her way out of it by saying she meant "witch." Whatever. Anyway, I guess we see where Bush gets the "compassion" in his "compassioante conservatism." So far, the White House has no comment on this bitter old hag's statement, I look forward to seeing how they'll try to spin it.
---Ryan

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Perhaps Barbara Bush's Marie Antoinette "let them eat cake" stance on the victims of Katrina will finally alert the common American masses (who are generally shielded from such insults by the corporate newsmedia) to the kind of "beautiful mind" this monster (and her extended family) really has...

It might do her "beautiful mind" some good to get ahold of some scholarly biography of Ms Antoinette and reflect for a while on the fate of those in power who abuse their prestige...or as the 1792 poem said in translation "Pretty Queen who abuses the people so much, you will cross the frontier again...!!"

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
First of all, I'd like you all to link me to the site that has the audio of her saying it ...Then, I'd like to point out that she probably was at the Astrodome or wherever that had the nicer air mattresses instead of the cots..and yes she is aware of the difficult living conditions on the poorest in America, most of the black population from New Orleans...Give her the benefit of the doubt..but of course you won't!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mercury19
Give her the benefit of the doubt..but of course you won't!!!

Occurs we will give "her beautiful mind" all the benefit of doubt but guess what is none.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I don't give a rodent's rear orriface what the context was. Those words were stupid, insulting, ignorant, and hurtful.
If I made a comment like that, you'd be damned sure I'd be saying "Sorry!!" alot!

This just ties in with the total lack of both accountability and respect that these people have for the common folk.

Make 'em live there for awhile.
Maybe we'd see some compassion.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The beautiful mind comment came to my mind the instant I heard her utter this latest.....( actually I thought this one was pretty tame in comparison).

I was surprised her 'beautiful mind' would allow her to get that close to the evacuees.......sheesh, one of them might have touched her.

Sure, I'll give her the benefit of doubt....I doubt she cares as much as she was pretending to!

George is just as bad, but manages to cover it most of the time, but he lets it slip ever so often. Did you hear his comment about poor Trent Lott had "suffered toooo"?? ( losing his beach house, but not his only house and all of his worldly possesions!!)

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mercury19
First of all, I'd like you all to link me to the site that has the audio of her saying it

Fifth one down.
www.crooksandliars.com...

Give her the benefit of the doubt..but of course you won't!!!

I really don't hold it against her. Like I said, I feel sorry for her, but really, she's nobody. She's a former first lady who never really was active in the government at all. She's just an old lady, and what she said is just some old lady's opinion.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
here is a link with audio from the Drudge Report, hope it works, the quote sounds as bad as it reads

www.drudgereportarchives.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
the previous link did not work but here is one that does

mywebpages.comcast.net...

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Move Over, Billy Carter

Sleeping on a cot in the middle of the Houston Astrodome surrounded by ten thousand other people?

What could possibly be better than that?

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I feel bad for Babs I really do. All you mean people picking on the poor lady. It really isn't her fault she thinks the way she does. Imagine with those sons and her husband constantly lying, challeging truth and logic, excusing and just down right manipulating her everytime they open their mouth. They have made her unfit for public consumption. She lives in a world where it is comon place for politicians and rich people to say those things amongst each other. She doesn't know how to reign herself from the media. That much is obvious.

She probably thought she was at home sitting around the table talking to dubya and jebby and having a nice bush family moment while they passed around the dishes and discussed how the poor always try to get more than their due and that's why they are poor and have nothing.

Those ungrateful bast****. should be subjegated if they are too stupid and dumb to have escaped in the first place (oops, sorry I confused myself with some ats threads). And George nodding away, stuffing his mouth with mashed potatoes and the chicken that his momma carefully cut up for him into little pieces.

'We're building up Trent Lott's house momma — 'he's lost his entire house — there's going to be a fantastic house. And I'm looking forward to sitting on the porch.'

Laughter from mom and dad. Jeb's too busy helping himself to more chicken.

Must we really lambast her because she doesn't know any better? Her tongue slipped it can happen to anyone. Is it really her fault she has been brought up on the Rhetoric of Bushes and doesn't understanding the poor and the needy?

It's America after all - it's not like every man is created equal.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Marie Antoinette sprung to my mind when I heard what she said. The thing is Katrina didn't discriminate between rich,or poor. Some well to do families lost thier homes too.

I know Mrs. Bush is getting on a bit, but that remark isn't necessary. There are well to do people, who are now facing poverty.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Most likely those 'well to do' have insurance or savings, so to say they are facing poverty is not exactly correct, although I am sure they are suffering in their own way too. I think for those who were renting apartments or houses and had little to begin with, to then have that all taken away is quite devastating.

There was a man on the news the other day who had all his belongings - everything he owned in the world in a little pull wagon - he was so disoriented and just walking around and around pulling this thing along. He had lost his wife, all his wordly possessions and he was in such a state of severe shock. The reporters gave him a ride in their truck and dropped him off at the dome.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Clive James Review of the Year: 1992.

A photo of Bush, Clinton and Perot all smiling.

v/o: "One of these men is smiling because he knows he's winning. One of these men is smiling because he knows he isn't losing and one of these men is smiling because he just sank all the rubber duckies in his bath with his nickel-plated Colt .45.

Which is which?"

A photo of HW and Arnie both smiling.

v/o: "One of these men can punch holes in brick walls. The other gets his wife to do it for him. Which is which?"

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   
she doesn't care about some underprivileged , they are terrorists

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir

Barbara probably suffers form the same "mental" desease as Pat Roberston...LOL... these people crack me up ...

Hmm how about old age. Only in America would people get so worked uyp over the comments of a Grandmother. You poor people, always have to bitch about something don't you

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 04:06 AM
link   
The state of the nation:

This place you call a "democracy" and "free" is one of the most bigoted and racist countrys ever.

And its not just the colour of your skin.. just being white is not good enough.. you need to be one of these cristian fundies as well... WASP anyone?

Come on.. the only Irish Catholic that made it to President was gunned down!!

Its just no longer "news" anymore IMO, when you hear the elite tell us to eat cake they still think they're doing us a favour.

BTW.. the lack of social security and healthcare in the US is because they havn't experienced huge social unrest as say... france when Marie-Antionette (Austrian btw) said "let them eat cake".

A goo revolutuion, with possibly some gory public beheadings of the "aristos" might get you guys some social welfare going... it did for us in europe.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   
A photo of Bush, Clinton and Perot all smiling.

v/o: "One of these men is smiling because he knows he's winning. One of these men is smiling because he knows he isn't losing and one of these men is smiling because he just sank all the rubber duckies in his bath with his nickel-plated Colt .45.

So which is which? I can see GWB smiling because he sunk his rubber duckies, but his dad? He had a brain that wasn't affected by coke/weed/binge drinking. Clinton doesn't seem like a Colt man, more of a Remmington man. And Perot? He knew he wasn't winning, or not losing, but agains not a Colt man, maybe if it was a .22 caliber, but a Colt .45?

Anyways, where's my cake?

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I have always thought Barbara Bush was GHW's alien handler with her bug eyes. Or maybe she has a thyroid problem? Scary looking (and talking) woman. I'm glad she's not my mom.

She is the matriarch of the trans-species alienoids that are now running the US and are in the process of trying to take over the world.

I used to think that sounded far-fetched, now I'm not so sure.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join