It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is really bad!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 05:30 AM
link   
If this is how America (Not the people of America) has dealt with Katrina then if Al-quaeda's plan of attacking USA again holds up then USA is in alot of trouble,just imagine if they attacked soon.

The consenquences are unimaginable, a civil war would almost certainly break out and martial law would be declared in probably every city.

I just cannot imagine this happening but if it did then what would happen to the rest of the world.

America would be a no go zone and every other country would be affected by this.

Just something to think about.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I understand what you are saying about the U.S being stupidly vunerable at the moment against attack and that they have dealt with the whole thing with the mind set of a child but Americans wouldn't become involved in the whole civil war drama.

They are all loyal to their country and their leader and i am sure they wouldn't let something like this jepordise that.

Look this is my first post and i may be speaking out of turn but the Katrina disaster only shows how weak the American government is, not the people.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
You show that you have no knowledge of the USA or how our government works.

1.8 million people were evacuated out of New Orleans alone within a week.

Most have been relocated to areas where they can receive proper care.

3 states were severly effected.

What did people actually expect?

And your wrong if you think that the Iraq war has had anything to do with this.

No troops were removed from Iraq to help with the hurricane that were not already back in the states.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Ferretman: could you please explain where this number 1.8 million comes from?

From what I know NO had about 450K inhabitants. And I don't think there ware 1.35 Million tourists still there.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
Ferretman: could you please explain where this number 1.8 million comes from?

From what I know NO had about 450K inhabitants. And I don't think there ware 1.35 Million tourists still there.

"Naw'lins" wasn't the only place evacuated or damaged during Katrina. Most of the Gulf Coast took a powerful whammy...AFTER it went through the Miami Florida area. N.O. AREA has almost 3 million residents (many towns close to, and part of, NO)

President Bush advised evacuation 3 days prior. President Bush declared a state of emergency 2 days prior. Millions from the gulf coast area evacuated to safer areas....the stupid, criminal, foolish, and incapable stayed behind.

Mayor Nagin bears SOLE responsibility for his city. He failed the people, he failed the city. LA Governor bears SOLE resposibility for her state. She failed the people, and failed the state...and continues to fail both, as she has YET to declare.

Mayor Nagin, and Governor Blanco MUST declare state of emergency, and MUST declare a disaster area, and MUST request Federal assistance...BEFORE FEMA can mobilize. ONLY Governor Blanco has the authority to mobilize the National Guard for state emergencies. Mayor Nagin, and the city of New Orleans has sole responsibility for maintenance of the dikes, dams, and canals that keep the city dry....7ft below sea level....NOT the US Army Corps Of Engineers. The canals and dikes are NOT federal property.

Thank God the rest of America has shown to be a hell of alot more resonsible.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
ferretman

Who said anything about Iraq?

Who said anything about removing troops from Iraq to help the hurricane victims?

Infact before i go any further are you sure you have replied to the right thread mate?

Or are you just "trolling"

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I agree that the response to Katrina has been despicable however I do believe, or would like to believe, that America is prepared to respond to a terrorist attack. I think they're ready for the terrorists, they are all set up to deal with that if it comes, it's just nature they weren't ready for. After 9/11 they focused all their attention on being ready for another terrorist attack, then Katrina causes all this devastation and they don't know what to do. But who knows.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lola jesson
I understand what you are saying about the U.S being stupidly vunerable at the moment against attack and that they have dealt with the whole thing with the mind set of a child but Americans wouldn't become involved in the whole civil war drama.

They are all loyal to their country and their leader and i am sure they wouldn't let something like this jepordise that.

Look this is my first post and i may be speaking out of turn but the Katrina disaster only shows how weak the American government is, not the people.

if you look at the last two us federal elections, i doubt that all americans are on the same page in terms of views on leadership. it was 50/50 both times, unless you count the unconvicted criminals of florida that couldn't vote, but still it was pretty close. just because cnn doesn't always show all the ant-bush protest (although i gotta hand it to them latly, mabe they know bush is on his way out and are trying to keep thier througts clean) doesnt mean everyone is willing to fallow the leader. i personally think that if given the opportinity like NO, but on a national scale, the usa could create a revolution like no other. i mean the us is supposed to be one the more civilized countries, but did you see the way they reacted, that was unremarkable, forget the lotting, heck we're all poor, but look at the shootings, rapes, cops blowing their own brains out (could have been grief of loosing family should have refrained). what if there was no evacuation, and everyone was left to fend for themselves. do you think because all americans love their country, they would all pick up thier socks pitch in and start fixing the situation? i doubt it greatly, and that is because i believe the us has created a monster in their society, held tightly around the neck with an iron grip. not that i'm waiting for this to happen, but it would be interesting to see what an american would be like with no america to be behind. i have talked to a few american people that talk to me and others as though they were the military, they were the president, and these are the "normal ones", what is the us's total prison population, im gunna go check that out right now.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
dazed and confused The very reasons and examples you listed are why all civilizations have had governing bodies or leadership. Humans would still be in the cave man days without leadership and governing bodies or institutions. So your reasoning of what would happen is the same for the rest of the world. If people are left to do anything they want we're all F to the D.

[edit on 6-9-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
dazed and confused The very reasons and examples you listed are why all civilizations have had governing bodies or leadership. Humans would still be in the cave man days without leadership and governing bodies or institutions. So your reasoning of what would happen is the same for the rest of the world. If people are left to do anything they want we're all F to the D.

[edit on 6-9-2005 by WestPoint23]

granted, however, if the government was to fall in the us parts of canada as well, there would be a large difference in reaction compared to older parts of the world where family is the first and formost concern and responciblity. the us citizens have been cought up in one crisis after another since the 30's, they wouldn't know how to relax and enjoy family even if they tried, it's a constant stress machine, de-sencitizing everyone from the thing that really makes people strong, and that is family with support and guidence, something the corporations has turned into a news ticker. i think in other parts of the world, feeding, clothing, and knocking heads together to get your family out of grim times is what got japan out of a dark hole fast.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Army

President Bush advised evacuation 3 days prior. President Bush declared a state of emergency 2 days prior. Millions from the gulf coast area evacuated to safer areas....the stupid, criminal, foolish, and incapable stayed behind.

Mayor Nagin, and Governor Blanco MUST declare state of emergency, and MUST declare a disaster area, and MUST request Federal assistance...BEFORE FEMA can mobilize. ONLY Governor Blanco has the authority to mobilize the National Guard for state emergencies. Mayor Nagin, and the city of New Orleans has sole responsibility for maintenance of the dikes, dams, and canals that keep the city dry....7ft below sea level....NOT the US Army Corps Of Engineers. The canals and dikes are NOT federal property.

This was an awesome response. Thanks for adding some clarity during a time when emotions have muddied the waters of rationality. I have a friend in the USGS and he told me that New Orleans was warned years ago that the place could not handle a category 3, much less a 5.

new topics

top topics

join