It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just got back from a FEMA Detainment Camp

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
You have voted Valhall for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

As always Val, your diligence underscores why we are here.
Thank you is the best I can do for you and your family. But when my kids ask me about the world, rest assured your story will be an example of how people can step up when needed.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Nevada shelters have been put on standby.
Thats why I am asking about OK...
Nevada on standby

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I'm extremely depressed to report that things seem to only be getting sadder concerning the people so devastatingly affected by Katrina last week. Two car loads of us headed over to Falls Creek, a youth camp for Southern Baptist churches in Oklahoma that agreed to have its facilities used to house Louisiana refugees. I'm afraid the camp is not going to be used as the kind people of the churches who own the cabins believe it was going to be used.

Can you please send me a u2u with that church organization's address and phone number?

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Valhall,

A stunning article, and one that sends a chill down my spine..I cant help but wonder why the 5 month time-frame though. Could this be an estimate of how long a program of intensive counselling would take?
To lose everything..job/family/home/identity..would be such a psychological shock that containment in a secure environment (much like a psychiatric ward) would be necessary until a stable level of mental health is reached and the individual feels able to reintegrate into society..

You have voted Valhall for the Way Above Top Secret award.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Just like to mention.>

In Case of a National Disaster. The Government has Policies and procedures.

To

1)Stop the spread of Disease.
2)Decrease the chances of Crime.
3)Stop the Spread of Anarchy.

1) Has anybody watch the movie "outbreak"?

One of the policies of any Federal Government is to stop the spread of Contagious diseases. Like Ebola.

Such a Case leads to quarantine and Isolation. And if there is a Risk for a National Epidemic. The Infected will be isolated and destroyed. For the Good of the Community.

Also, Any surplus material Like Food Can and will result in food poisoning. Clothes Need to be Radiated to decrease the Chance of Diseases with the Immune deficient. Resulting from Various diseases. Like Tuberculosis. Toys must be washed and cleansed. Etc. All precautions need to be met. To limit the spread of infectious diseases.

2)Increased Lawlessness results from the lack of necessities and law enforcement.

If Your Child is starving to death, And your next door Neighbor has Food. Would you Steal or Murder For that Food? Of Course, you would.

Exp. There was sufficient food in Somalia to Feed the Starving. But the transport of that Food to The Starving never Happened. Local Warlords seized the Food and Gave it to well Fed loyalists.

In Such a case Common law needs to be established and enforced. Again, For the Good of the Community.

3)Anarchy can lead to organized open Revolt. And Uncle Sam hates native "Revolutionaries".

See "Civil War, Whisky rebellion, Waco, etc."

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   

"It looks like you've got about 10 apples there. I'm about to bring in 40 men. What would we do then?"

"Quarter them."

Brilliant.

The latest Nimmo has a reference to Valhall's post. Only 6% of FEMA's budget is spent on emergencies, apparently.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Greetings all,

I joined this forum for the specific reason of this thread, which I became aware of through the John Titor Yahoo mailing list. I take great interest in all things suppressed by the media, finding that the truth is often so well-hidden that it takes an act of genius to ever know it.

Since I am relatively certain that I am posting in anonymity, I thought I'd share some firsthand information.

I live in the (debatably) great state of Massachusetts. I am an NCO in a Military Police unit of the MA Army National Guard. I joined eleven years ago to serve a nation and people that I was proud of...and as of about a year ago made up my mind not to reenlist when the time comes.

Before I digress... As some of you in New England may be aware, we were supposed to receive 2500 "guests" at Camp Edwards on Cape Cod. There was some disagreement on a state-federal level that I choose not to get into because I was very close to the argument and I am not sure what facts I can disclose without anyone being able to narrow down my identity. In the end, the state "won", if you will, and thus far Camp Edwards has only received about 330 "guests".

Now this is what bothers me...before I even knew this thread existed, this past Sunday I was speaking to a friend (also an NCO in my company) who is a police officer in one of the towns that borders Camp Edwards. Since he'd be most likely to be involved in any security-related operation of the "guests" being accommodated, he was able to tell me some interesting things. Please understand I am choosing my words VERY carefully here, folks. What he told me was that there was talk of needing lots and lots of security for the (then-anticipated) 2500 refugees. He said that the expected security requirements went far beyond even activating all of the remaining non-active Guardsmen in our entire battalion, to the point where retired DoD police and former MPs from all services would be asked to assist because they already had security clearance. I admit I did not question precisely WHY so much security would be needed, but my friend stated that furthurmore his department along with other towns bordering Camp Edwards were told to have their officers briefed and provided with detailed maps to know exactly where the perimeter for the base was (in terms of where it ran through residential neighborhoods, through woodlands, etc.) IN CASE ANYONE ESCAPES from the refugee area. That was the exact message given to the officers. I believe he was even throwing around the word "prisoners" during our conversation. Now this gentleman is a very quiet, serious, laid-back type, not prone to hyperbole at all, so I can not imagine he was exaggerating or fabricating anything. He even said that the tone of his police chief was so serious that he was fearing for the safety of his family should anyone ESCAPE from the compound, and was having his wife and children stay with neighbors when he was working the night shifts. I got the impression that the officers down there are quite frightened by the prospect of these "guests" being on base; I don't know what was told to them exactly to create that image. None of us know if there are indeed prisoners in the custody of the judicial system being brought to the Cape; perhaps there are and that is why the cry for all the security. The media however has only mentioned non-incarcerated civilians being brought there.

It will be interesting indeed to see how this all unfolds...I will follow this thread and should have more to share after a meeting we are having this weekend.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Does anyone have any coordinates for these camps?

It'd be interesting to see an overhead view from Google Earth.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   
therainmaker,

Thank you very much for sharing that info. Please keep us advised as best you can on the situation up there.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShakyaHeir
Does anyone have any coordinates for these camps?

It'd be interesting to see an overhead view from Google Earth.

Here is the Google satellite pic for directly over Falls Creek:

Falls Creek

I was informed yesterday that there was some podunk doomsday board that was attempting to debunk what I have told here by stating Falls Creek is a national guard training camp and it was used as some type of concentration camp or what not back during WW II and that as late as the 80's it was just a tent camp, etc. And that it's very close to Camp Gruber.

Absolutely every statement in the above paragraph is false.

1. Falls Creek has ALWAYS been the property of the Oklahoma state Baptist convention since it was founded in 1917.
2. It has never been a national guard training facility.
3. It has never been a concentration/detainment camp.
4. With the exception of new cabins constantly being built by churches the camp looks about the same as it did in the 70's. The most drastic changes are being made right now with the old Tabernacle being bulldozed and new Tabernacle being built. The amphitheatre is new as well. But it hasn't had tents anytime in my life. It has had structured cabins for decades and decades.
5. Falls Creek is about 8 miles south of Davis, Oklahoma. Camp Gruber, which is a National Guard training facility, is by Muskogee, Oklahoma. The driving distance between these two towns is 205 miles - about 3 hours.

[edit on 9-9-2005 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
See Muskogee on the map? Look to the right and down you will see Brages, Gruber is right there.

Roper

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Valhall,
I was forwarded your piece on trying to bring aid to Oklahoma, and I forwarded it to others, and have heard back from many people wishing for confirmation. Some media may even be interested. I'm wondering if you could give me your email or somehow come out as how you are, so the story can become official.

personal info removed, since contact has been made.

[edit on 9-9-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by foodforlife
Valhall,
I was forwarded your piece on trying to bring aid to Oklahoma, and I forwarded it to others, and have heard back from many people wishing for confirmation. Some media may even be interested. I'm wondering if you could give me your email or somehow come out as how you are, so the story can become official.

I will email you.

contact info removed.

[edit on 9-9-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I just wanted to follow up on the comments concerning "confirming" this story. I have now spoken with a reporter from NPR and a reporter with the Daily Oklahoman. In both cases I have given my full REAL name to these reporters. The NPR person did not request a contact number from me, but in the case of the Daily Oklahoman, not only do they have my home number, they have my work number. What I'm trying to emphasize here is that I'm not trying to keep my real identity from what I have stated here. I'm trying to keep my identity from being revealed HERE.

There's a big difference. So I guess my point is, if knowing who I am constitutes "confirming" this story - it's been "confirmed" to two separate reporters. The Daily Oklahoman reporter is working to be able to report this story and still provide me a level of anonymity. If his editor says no, then again, I guess it won't get reported. But as I stated to him on the phone last night, there needs to be a precedent on this at some point. There is a growing number of civilians out in the world that are no longer accepting mainstream reports at face value and are witnessing things they have no way to make public unless some one can protect them.

If it doesn't happen with me, it will eventually happen with some one. But there is no reason for me to endanger my job, or my privacy (let's face it 1.3 million sets of eyes look at this website every month!) when I am cooperating on the backside to confirm my identity and even my story.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted already

Bureaucracy KO's info source at the Astrodome

by Sarah Ferguson
September 8th, 2005 5:04 PM

Although the effort was trumpeted in the media as an example of grassroots ingenuity in the face of disaster, local officials with the Federal Emergency Management Agency have nixed an attempt by Houston activists to set up a low-power radio station at the Astrodome that would have broadcast Hurricane Katrina relief information for evacuees.

The project was unplugged even though it had key support. On Monday, the Federal Communications Commission quickly granted temporary licenses to broadcast inside the Astrodome and the adjacent Reliant Center. The station was also backed by the Houston Mayor’s office and Texas governor Rick Perry. But local officials said FEMA bureaucrats KO’d the station—dubbed KAMP “Dome City Radio”—because of “security concerns.”

“They wanted unlimited access to the buildings, which we could not give to anyone in the media,” said Gloria Roemer, a spokesperson for Harris County, which has jurisdiction over the Astrodome complex. Currently reporters are allowed in only on 15-minute guided tours.

According to Roemer, FEMA officials also believed they could not allocate “scarce” electricity, office space, and phone and Internet access to the volunteer station—even though activists say they offered to run the station on batteries and use their own cellphones.

Supporters of KAMP, which was set to launch at 95.3 FM, blame red tape and bureaucrats seeking to “manage the news.”

“I’m very disappointed,” said Councilmember Ada Edwards, who
More

They canned it because of security concerns? and a lack of hydro, whats with the scarce electricity? They do hold rock concerts there do they not.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Stop Disease?

There have already been 5 deaths because of the water. [BBC1 reported.]

FEMA failed the people of America. Their inability to accept international help when it was offered and their slow reaction time has resulted in more people dying than ever should have...

As for the images Val, great find they were...shocking in some respects although I expected a lot worse for the detention camps. Hopefully those people will get the medical attention they need especailly after the 1000doctors were turned away.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'm still trying to find the part where you were detained against your will. were you ?

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
I'm still trying to find the part where you were detained against your will. were you ?

How much time did you invest in looking for that?

It's not there.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I saw nothing which said she was detained against her will. could you please quote what you mean?

btw, Valhall: when i finally learn how to sy you are an amazing poster as regards 'top post of he Month', you got mine.

i learned of this site from 'The Interdector'. i'm sold and will be spending copious amounts of time here.

just found out Michael Brown has been 'sidelined'. well GOOD!

altho he's, to my mind, just the fall guy, he also is an incompetant twit!

[edit on 9-9-2005 by Floh]

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   

How much time did you invest in looking for that?

It's not there.

were you detained at this camp or not ?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join