It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sending aliens our DNA code a big mistake?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I seem to remember that we put the human DNA code in a probe we sent out into space searching for ETs.

Why in the world would we be so stupid to do this? Does anyone else think that this was a HUGE mistake? I mean, what good could possibly come from doing that? All I can think of is bad things that could happen.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I see your point and thinking about it briefly I agree - very much so.
It's amazing how the blindingly obvious can escape the attention of even the most intelligent people..

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
If I remember this correctly, the shape of our DNA was sent, in other words, the double Helix, together with the 4 base building blocks, not the actual code. Humans didn't even decode and note down all human DNA, they are still sifting trough the sheer quantity of it and collecting data on whats working code and whats trash DNA.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
If ET`s find it , is their a sligthest chance that they can experiment on what and what not the humans can defende themselves with , when it comes to virus etc ?

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The good thing is that there is genetic variation among humans. I'm not sure how far that would protect the human race in general, but it would make it difficult to find a virus/bacterium that would affect everyone.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
But lets be hopeful and that friendly ailens will give us the cure for cancer

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Even if we had sent the entire DNA sequence, what's the big deal? Any race that could decode and understand it would be at least as advanced as us. Hence if they ever came here they should be able to decode it on their own without much trouble.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
IF we had sent the whole thing then they could use it to engineer specific viruses that could attack us in only certain ways.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
With this DNA code the Aliens(malevolent ones) could cook up some biological weapon that can kill us all.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
I seem to remember that we put the human DNA code in a probe we sent out into space searching for ETs.

What probe are you talking about? You aren't thinking of the voyager 1 & 2 programs are you?

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Hey maybe the goverment extracted some of their DNA from the beings found at roswell and therefore developed a weapon or virus that could bring them down
You never know

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I dont see the DNA helix on this one though.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Note how the man is taller and makes the first step to interaction.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
We sent the code from Arecibo Telescope in 1974:

en.wikipedia.org...

It was just the general shape, not the full code that wasn't even known to us at the time.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Im pretty sure they know all they want to about our DNA...
Sending them some would just add to what they already have!

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
It's not the aliens I'm worried about. Its the Nazi like governments that may want to play God and design race specific diseases for their genocidal plans to create a perfect world according to their twisted thinking.

Call me paranoid, but I believe these diseases are in the freezer now! This was the first order of business when the human genome was first mapped.
Maybe this is what the 40 dead microbiologist got wind of and paid for this knowledge with their lives.

The Nazis are still around but they go by another name now.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
We sent the code from Arecibo Telescope in 1974:

en.wikipedia.org...

It was just the general shape, not the full code that wasn't even known to us at the time.

Whoohoo, I was right!

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
To be honest, I don't know the name of the probe or anything like that...Aliens and UFO's aren't my main interest in the world of conspiracy.

I just seem to remember that we had sent out a diagram of our DNA in a space probe.

It seems to me that it was most likely just the double helix.

Regardless, I still think giving up ANY information about our DNA is a dangerous move. What does it accomplish? What good can come from an alien knowing how our species is 'designed'?

I mean, if you are talking about an alien race that is at all hostile, this would give them a HUGE advantage against us.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   

If I remember this correctly, the shape of our DNA was sent, in other words, the double Helix, together with the 4 base building blocks, not the actual code.

Yep, it was sent as a transmission, not on a probe. I'm sure you can find a graphic on the web someplace showing the printout results the transmission would create. Besides, I'm sure they (aliens) could easily simply break it down if even ONE abduction account is genuine....no? And with a cross-sampling of many such abductees...well, kind of a given that if we can do it, so can a race capable of interstellar travel....

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I'm sure you can find a graphic on the web someplace showing the printout results the transmission would create.

It was on the Wikipedia link I provided, I'll post the image here:

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join