It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nagin and Blanco need to resign immediately!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
This is a first opertunity to be on the inside when people start going after people I support. The plan was for about 3 day supply that was put together in less than 48 hours and the main focus was getting people out. You might say they underestimated the number that stayed figuring they only have 10K in the dome with a few thousand in there homes. As for blaming the Governor, don't go there, she was covering all the bases even while on the air starting Monday. The mayor, having discovered that the levees failed after the storm passed, was also calling. Response was slow with a lot of assumptions made. If it were not for local volunteers a lot more people would have perished. We now know the tecnical reasons for all the desturction. We need to wait for the reports to be filed on who had the football and fumbled. FEMA seems to be the central failure with evidence coming from the neighboring parish where they shut of the emergency communications that the Parish President who is the Marshall was using to maintain order. Please keep your politcal views out of this! ATS Rules!

[edit on 5-9-2005 by AlabamaCajun]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I can give the reason why Nagin was all smiles when the president showed up. Nagin was probably told by the secret service that he could not show resentment towards the president while in his presence. When Bush was campaigning for reelection any anti-Bush rallies were moved so Bush could not see them.

If I was told to keep shut and have all smiles by the secret service I would tell the world that the CIA would have a hit out on me too. He bought himself an insurance policy on his life....at least for a little while. He could mysteriously strangle himself with a rubber hose like Phil Schneider. If you don't know who he is look him up in Google. How about the guys who discovered a cure for cancer only to commit suicide two days before having the news conference. Oh yeah...they also burned all evidence to their research first.

The only reason Alex Jones has not been killed is that he is too public. He has been arrested for simply asking Bush a question. I have seen the video.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlabamaCajun
she was covering all the bases even while on the air starting Monday.

Which bases was she covering? The lack of a plan to evacuate people who couldn't afford to on their own? The lack of desire to implement a forced evacuation order in the first place? Or the lack of ensuring anyone that stayed behind would have food?

Clearly it was an underestimate on many levels ... somehow they assumed only 10,000 people would show up in the dome. Somehow they assumed these people would not need to eat, and nobody predicted the mass flooding. But, this is nature at work, it's inherently unpredictable.

It's real easy for us to sit around now and point fingers ... these people really didn't know what to do.

Unfortunately, as much as people would like to blame Bush, it's up to the Governor of the affected state to request resources, not POTUS. Regardless of whether it's under FEMA or DHS, the request has to come in to be honored ... the Fed doesn't just wander around forcing evacuations and shelling out cash. The Fed is a resource provider, the State has to initiate the cry for help, and specific resource requests. Louisiana underestimated, and the results are indeed tragic.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Mayor Nagin nows says you must leave New Orleans, Gov. Blanco says no, you can stay. Just shows you how messed up Louisiana is.

www.foxnews.com...

Just heard this on O'Reilly that National Guard leaders in Louisiana are under a gag order at this time and cannot state when they were initially contacted by Governor Blanco.

We definately need a "Katrina Commission". Blanco will not get away with her indecision and incompetence.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
But during the next major elections people might wake up and choose more qualified leaders.

Let's hope that applies at the federal level as well.....

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ganymede
The only defense for the Right is to blame the powerless Mayor.

Understand that there are plenty of folks from the "Right" that blame FEMA and this administration.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I am no longer calling for Mayor Nagin's resignation. Someone must have talked some sense into him. Siding with Blanco is a no win situation.

As far as Governor Blanco, this incompetent blubbering idiot, she still has to go.

Add Mary Landrieu to the resignation list. She blamed Bush today. Well, Mary let's see your sponsored legislation to upgrade the levy system. Oh, wait you never did that.

[edit on 8-9-2005 by Carseller4]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join