It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American troops in Iraq have mutinied against their officers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Could this be true? Can anyone verify this?

www.waynemadsenreport.com
September 4, 2005 -- US Embassy in Baghdad inquires into reports that American troops in Iraq have mutinied against their officers. WMR has learned that the US embassy in Baghdad is checking into reports that U.S. troops in Iraq, including National Guardsmen, Army and Marine Corps Reserves, and regular military troops from Louisiana and Mississippi, have mutinied against their officers and are demanding to be immediately sent back home to help their families. It is not known whether the reported mutinies involve physical violence. The reports of rebellions among U.S. troops are filtering out of the Green Zone and at Baghdad International Airport from Iraqis who are working alongside their American counterparts at both locations.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If i was in the same situation has they are i would like to go home to help my family and friends too.
Peace
Crustas

[edit on 5-9-2005 by crustas]

[edit on 5-9-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Sources sources sources :shk:

Could not find a single mention of this on any reputable news outlet and some not so reputable

[edit on 9/5/05 by FredT]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   
"Could not find a single mention of this on any reputable news outlet and some not so reputable "

Me too(well i found one on www.rense.com), but nevertheless, it doesn't mean that's false.

Peace
Crustas

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Hey, check the submission guidelines and the ATSNN Tutorial, this submission is not suitable for ATSNN.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Well i dont know which sources are credible but i do know that most us channels on tv do not even show tanks being blown up. So why should they broadcast this.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Even if it is true, the article makes no mention of the scope of the alleged mutiny. How many people supposedly mutinied?

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
If the report is true, I can't say I blame those troops at all.

Infact, don't they have the RIGHT to return in the event of a personal tragity at home? I'm not clear on this area, but I have the impression that in times of dire family tragity they are supposed to be allowed to return.

Anyone have more info on this?

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
There's a little about it here. Of course, I don't know how reputable this is, either.

abutamam.blogspot.com...

This is a news item that is currently being 'independently' verified in Baghdad:

"Reports are emanating from Iraqis who are working with the Americans, (both at the Baghdad International airport and in the Green Zone), of a mutiny that had occurred among the American soldiers against their officers. (emphasis added)
Three days ago, one American soldier went into hysterics upon hearing of the death of the three members of his family in New Orleans.

From the Iraqi blogger site iraq4ever.blogspot.com... September 4, 2005
"I received an email from an Arab friend of mine residing in the US indicating that a friend of his, who is working for the American army in Iraq, have told him that a message from the Pentagon have been sent to all branches of the military in Iraq to arrange for the immediate return of all private and corporal soldiers who are from the states hit by hurricane Katrina or affected by it.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I was specifically wondering about any millitary codes that give troops the right to return home under dire personal circumstance...

Does Derivment Discharge/Recall sound right?

I'm searching, but kind find anything about it although I seem to recall hearing something about it before (in an unrelated report).

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I will not be surprise that family members of those affected by the hurricane will be very much in stress trying to figure out how their loves ones are doing.

Hopefully the military will have a way to help them find out if their family members are OK or not.

Plus taking in consideration that this is a disaster in our nation many soldiers may want to be here in the US.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The military has usually been very gracious in their offer of a hardship discharge to members who have extreeme emergency situations develop at home. Howevere, I don't think that there is a precedence for this many troops.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   
We do get emergency leave for sudden family crisis. Even during times of war, soldiers are often given word of an emergency back home, then returned to deal with it, be it death of a family member or whatever. And yes, they do have hardship discharges for people who need to be back home for some reason.

But I agree, not quite on a scale like this. And I know from experience there are huge numbers of southerners in the US military.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I would not call what is happening in Iraq a mutiny. A mutiny would imply a degree of force, and people not doing what they are told.

What is happening in 2 bases that I know of via email with fellow military members deployed there is people voicing their opinions to their commanders.

No breakdown in command structure.

No massive amounts of dissobeying orders.

No acts of violence on their officers.

Hence, no mutiny.

However, People are only getting 2 or 3 english speaking channels, so they are watching CNN Europe, which definitley shows the dissaster in one light: hopeless.

These guys have in some cases been over there serving for around a year, not seeing their families. Now their families need them, and they feel powerless to help them, and can not contact them.

Of course they are moved by what has happened. They are Americans in every sense of the word. But, discipline and order tend to be held in high regard amongst the military members. Especially in a war zone.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
However, People are only getting 2 or 3 english speaking channels, so they are watching CNN Europe, which definitley shows the dissaster in one light: hopeless.

Why is there any other light at the present moment?

There is censorship here in Europe but much less than in the U.S.
I've read that in US people don't even see on TV, US tanks blowing up in Iraq.

Crustas

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by crustas

Why is there any other light at the present moment?

There is censorship here in Europe but much less than in the U.S.
I've read that in US people don't even see on TV, US tanks blowing up in Iraq.

Crustas

What percentage of news coverage has come from New Orleans verses the other 89,999,920 SQUARE MILES of destruction?

News agencies must sell a product. That product that sells the most is usually the most disturbing, because that is what humans want to see, obviously, or there would be something positive happening in the world at least once a day.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   

News agencies must sell a product. That product that sells the most is usually the most disturbing, because that is what humans want to see, obviously, or there would be something positive happening in the world at least once a day.

Why? This is the reason I don't watch the news, it's all BAD. Nothing I want to focus on. What ever happened to "The Lighter Side of the News"?

I can only conclude that it's programming, and not what's on the TV.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
How's this for a source?
www.google.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
italy.indymedia.org...

"Reports are emanating from Iraqis who are working with the Americans, (both at the Baghdad International airport and in the Green Zone), of a mutiny that had occurred among the American soldiers against their officers. (emphasis added)
Three days ago, one American soldier went into hysterics upon hearing of the death of the three members of his family in New Orleans.
Corporal Nick Lancer shouted:"This is the curse of Iraq. My family paid for my crimes in Iraq. Send us back to help our families. God damn you Bush and Rumsfeld".
Matters escalated when an officer tried, by force, to calm Lancer down. Lancer was then joined by other soldiers who started to beat the officer. The fighting escalated when other officers tried to intervene in the melee and the soldiers began attacking and hitting them with their riffle butts. This included the beating of Iraqi senior army officers who attempted to help the American officers.
The soldiers were shouting:"You scoundrels. We will throw you out to the Resistance to kill you. It is because of you that we are getting killed here".
At one point, one of the soldiers radioed other fellow soldiers, who were out on patrols, to stop their mission and to return quickly to join them."
Mutiny among occupation soldiers September 2, 2005 (in Arabic). The specific location of the disturbance was not specified. Awaiting further confirmation.

1) All reports have come from Iraqis

Because we are at the point where we trust un-named iraqis over our military?

2) An unknown Iraqi quotes a corporal as saying:
Corporal Nick Lancer shouted:"This is the curse of Iraq. My family paid for my crimes in Iraq. Send us back to help our families. God damn you Bush and Rumsfeld".

3) An unknown Iraqi quotes soldiers as saying: The soldiers were shouting:"You scoundrels. We will throw you out to the Resistance to kill you. It is because of you that we are getting killed here".

Because military members often use colorful words like "scoundrels", and we also refer to the insurgency as the resistance. Do these really sound like the words of your military? Also, the reasoning that "It is because of you that we are getting killed here", does not support the validation nor justification of being upset about Katrina. It directly reflects the resolve of the Americans , or lack there of to fullfill their promises, and shows military members in a bad light.

"The specific location of the disturbance was not specified. Awaiting further confirmation."

I currently communicate almost daily with service men and women in both Ballad, and Tallil. Neither of these bases seem to be having the disturbances this thread and links implies.

I also would review the terminology and rhetoric from the supposed quotes and ask yourself how many Americans talk like this. Using words like "scoundrel"???

[edit on 6-9-2005 by Esoteric Teacher]

new topics

top topics

join