It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oasis type area near Area 51

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Not to much to say about it other than its really close Area 51, like within the compound. Who knows what it could be?

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 04:59 AM
link   
have you got any more pics of it?

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Here is two i took from google earth:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Wierd, I never noticed it there before.
I don't know what it could be.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Nive found
you should sent one picture to dreamlandresort maybe they will be able to identify the thing

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
They are simply giving the aliens that inhabit the area51 a little taste of non-Nevada desert. There are multiple species that cannot leave the base due to physical stringents such as size, and smell that cannot be easily disguised, or morphed. (There are other species that cannot control their aggressive, gnarly behaviour as well. i.e. Visitors from the Sirius system cannot control their inhibitions to devour felines on sight. Live felines are a drug-like delicacy when eaten by the Sirius aliens). Since these aliens cannot intermingle safely with the Terran societies, they are confined to specific areas within the area51 compounds. This oasis area gives them a change of scenery, and a chance to experience a part of earth otherwise not accessible for them.
Or it could simply be a freshwater supply dugout, or a sewer septic dugout for "gray" water, for the people that work there...

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Could also be a experiment on terra forming desert to habital areas with plant life and water.

jra

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I've seen that before as well in Google Earth. I was wondering what it could be as well. I kind of figured the building near it could be for V.I.P's if they are staying there for a while. So having a little pond and some trees and such near by would be nice. But one can only guess.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Nice find, any idea on what those white things that are jutting out into the water are? They could be rocks but it looks a bit to 'wavey' to be rocks.

It sure is interesting though, could be for any number of uses though. For VIPs like jra said, experiments..who knows..

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   
sounds more like a little relaxation for VIP's and the Base commander(s) however it could also be used to test new bio techs

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Looks like a golf course hole, sand bunkers and all...

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
You are looking at images of Slater Lake. This was built as a recration area in the 1960s. They stocked it with fish. It was named after Col. Hugh "Slip" Slater, commander of the 1129th Special Activities Squadron "Roadrunners" that flew the A-12. Starting in the late 1970s, the area around Slater Lake was used for placement of various Soviet-type radar systems. That is what some of those buildings are for.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Nice answer. Do you have any more details on other areas of the base?

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
What areas of the base do you want to know about? It would take volumes to describe the entire facility. As long as people keep posting images, I will be happy to identify them whenever possible.

They keep building new facilities at such a rate that the most recent satellite images are immediately obsolete. Recent additions include a new hangar (Hangar 24) on the Southend next to Hangar 9 (it's probably not on Google yet) and two extensions to Hangar 19 (Arm/De-Arm Scoot-N-Hide) south of the central taxiway.

new topics

top topics

join