It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Combat Operations - Insurgency - Civil War?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Originally posted by marg6043
First of all I have not seen any of the troops in NO been acused of killing anybody "Yet"

There has been at least one unconfirmed report that some troops may have been envolved in a shooting, however I will not believe it until I see it in print. It was a reporter that said it so I will just take it with a grain of salt for now.

And that is exactly what "they" want you to do. Over the next few weeks we will hear stories from the survivors of NOLA that will sound unbelievable. Will we believe them? Most of us will not want to. But with so many stories having the same theme, it makes me wonder.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
Originally posted by Jeremiah_John
Well, hey, with people:

shooting at helicopters trying to save people

According to local news there this is wrong, the people were shooting up to get attention of the helicopter to let them know they are there. Also proven was that nobody shot at a Helicopter. They had a news conferance with someone from the national gaurd to point out bs rumors going on in the media. They guy said its just that a rumor, no heli was shot at.

shooting at people in uniform in general
From what I know it was only 1 time this happened. and they cop got out safely.

shooting one another
raping girls
As the mayor himself stated, this is probably a few crackfiends trying to get a fix or something of that nature. Just because a few idiots screw everything up, it dont make it right to label everyone down there in that situation.

Maybe we should send the Girl Scouts in with some cookies to impose some civil order?
This is just stupid. I am not even going to comment.

God forbid we send soldiers with guns to deter or kill criminals and protect the innocent.
As i stated, just like they did in Waco, TX??

You live in a society that's governed by rule of law and those who enforce it. You are writing your comments from the safety of such a society. That society has to be placed in NO which is in a lawless situation. The entire reason we have police is because of the few people who screw up society for all the normal people. David Koresh was a cult leader who raped children. Great example there.

PS - Anyone who 'just fires a gun in the air to get a helicopter's attention' is an idiot for more reasons than I have time to write about.

God bless US National Guard for saving New Orleans from lawlessness and helping the people out of there.

Mod Edit: Mind your language please.

[edit on 3-9-2005 by intrepid]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
It really is sad to see how things have turned out. Doesn't seem like our country. I haven't exactly been a big Bush supporter but I think he has done in this case everything he can. We have something like 15k+ worth of National Guard troops over in Iraq from Louisiana and Mississippi. Right or wrong they are there. That put homeland defense in great jeopardy. We didn't have much to work with to fix the problem down there. I will say Bush has done well with what he has to try and fix what is a catastrophy. I just think this civil war could have been avoided had our Guard been left at home where they belong. You could go through and read these news stories and change New Orleans to Falujah (sp?) and it would be hard to tell them apart. We've seen riots in LA. That just doesn't compare to this. What will the pictures show once the water goes down? What is the appropriate amount of force to use to squash this mess down there? I don't know if I'd go so far as to call it civil war. There is nothing civil about what is happening down there.

Believe me when I say this has me thinking hard about the New Madrid fault.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Army Times is refering to American citizens as "the insurgency". They are going to "take the city back whatever it takes" and are "ready to do whatever they need to do". Is the US now in an undeclared state of civil war?

It is important, Helmutt, to distinguish between criminal gangs and the citizenry. This sort of thing has been brewing in New Orleans for decades and the battle between the law and lawlessness has been tenuous at best. NOPD was rampant with corruption a decade ago when some officers were convicted of running drugs and murder.

On the telethon for the victims of Katrina last night, a loathsome rapper chose to use his air time to bash the administration and to state that "Bush doesn't care about black people." There may indeed be a civil war brewing in America, but don't blame the government for this one. This will be a revolution of savages against civilization.

That is what you are witnessing, Helmutt--the rapid destruction of civilization and yours is next.

[edit on 2005/9/4 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
actually i feel government is responcible to an extent. they gave warmings, just not enough. they werent prepared, not like they should have been. they should have known it was coming and it shouldnt have taken days to start the rescue, they are at fault and a revolution against the government will only be more likely if they dont start doing sumthing

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
Originally posted by Jeremiah_John
Well, hey, with people:

shooting at helicopters trying to save people

According to local news there this is wrong, the people were shooting up to get attention of the helicopter to let them know they are there. Also proven was that nobody shot at a Helicopter.

Trust me on this one. They were not firing weapons into the air to get anyone's attention. Waving a towel will get a lot more of the right kind of attention than bullets will.

Snipers have been firing at medevac personnel, police officers, guardsmen, and soldiers.

The problem is that these scum have no ideology to fight for. When pressed they will abandon their weapons and blend into the crowd, if there is a crowd left.

[edit on 2005/9/4 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
This is pretty scary and just the way circumstances are this would be a perfect time to seize power.

www.globalsecurity.org...

There shows the current troop rotation thats just now finishing up. Looks like alot more national guard troops are over in iraq while the full time soldiers are state-side. Thats scary in its self the people to protect the states are gone.

Another thing. Apparently bush just sent in the 82nd airborne there. They were set to deploy in Iraq in like two weeks. Whats up with sending combat troops there

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
Whats up with sending combat troops there

It's going to take a combat operation to retake the city. The city government has disintegrated. New Orleans is no longer a city. It is a piece of real estate occupied by criminals.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Exactly and thats what im scared of. I dont think we need regular troops in there. Send in the guard.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
double post oops

[edit on 9*4*2005 by Quicksilver]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Here is my question:

Since there have been printed allegations of BushCo and their link to drugs in America (not to mention their links to Texas, Central and South America and the Gulf area), it cannot be said that drugs aren't a known factor in this "insurgency".

They are probably, the major factor, in regard to the atrocities being done. Grady, please wipe the fleck from your lips. Are you willing to have US combat troops fire upon other Americans who simply need a fix?

Since we know that coc aine is all over the USA, and making crack from regular coc aine is simple, why are the troops not launching crack rocks into the sniper's nests? I've got my old wrist-rocket slingshot that'll do the trick at a pretty good distance. Hell, make a bow and arrow and affix a little package of seraquil and whatever else you want. That sniper/"insurgent" will drop into a slumber peacefully and dream about being back on his couch watching "That Seventies Show" like he was a week ago.

[edit on 4-9-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   
First, since the troops arrived, the shooting has dropped of to almost nothing, without a single shot being fired in return.

Second, no matter WHAT the government did, it would be wrong. This is a no win situation. If they let the looting go on, they would be wrong for letting it happen. If they returned fire at the guys shooting at them, they would be wrong for shooting back. When the Guard and Police went into town to stop the looting, they were wrong for not being out rescuing people..... No matter what happens it's going to be wrong.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Police shot a group of people carrying guns down one of the bridge, about 8 of them and 5 or 6 got killed.

This was between the police and the civilians.

I am glad that it was not between Troops and civilians or we will have it all over the news.

If groups of gangs think that they can walk around with guns claiming territory that is not theirs. . .then I don't see anything wrong with them becoming casualties of the police.

If they shot a soldiers then the soldiers have the right to shot back.

That is my opinion.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Police shot a group of people carrying guns down one of the bridge, about 8 of them and 5 or 6 got killed.

Im not sure about NO law, or rules under martial law, but walking a round with a gun so long as you arent fireing/pointing/threatening, anyone is legal

I realy hope they didnt shoot them just for that...

If groups of gangs think that they can walk around with guns claiming territory that is not theirs. . .then I don't see anything wrong with them becoming casualties of the police.
Is this what realy happened and why the police shot the guys with guns?

[edit on 4-9-2005 by C0le]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Idunno whats going on down there right now right or wrong, but regardless i can see this as a precurser for future events.. There gona keep pulling this martial law crap in events like this, and get everyone use to how great martial law is, and eventualy itll be the real deal and we will all be sol And tbh i dont like it at all....

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Well it seems that is some conflicting reports of the events, I just read them in another post.

I guess that if it was an accidental killing is going to be no end to it.

I am going to wait to see what else comes out of the reports.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Three points real quick.

1. The National Guard got hassled and assaulted by people in the dome, and since then they have been refusing orders to go back inside. The Army came in because the guard couldn't handle the situation. In turn, the Guard came in originally because the cops couldn't handle it. I think the concept of calling off rescue operations due to some shots fired is assinine. You put your life on the line when you do search and rescue, and the gunfire was random and light. The number of lives that could have been saved by continuing rescue operations could be very signifigant, on the order of hundreds of people.

2. The Army has declared combat operations a success, and have said they are in complete control of the city as of this morning. Depending on your viewpoint, this is either very good, or very bad news. Deploying combat troops to domestic cities for the purpose of maintaining order is something I do not take lightly. This will be a turning point in our country's history, or at least that's how it looks to me.

3. The 'men with guns' on the highway were reportedly shooting at Army Engineers working on a bridge, who called in the cops/army (depending on which news you believe), who, in turn, shot and killed most of the men. The Engineers are reportedly unhurt.

Just trying to clear up a few points. I'm done now.

dh

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

It's going to take a combat operation to retake the city. The city government has disintegrated. New Orleans is no longer a city. It is a piece of real estate occupied by criminals.

Yes and the criminals are operatives of the US Government
People with their problems have their city wiped out by a deliberate piece of weather control
Are deliberately ignored, starved, driven into survival mode by a corrupt fascist regime
Forced into concentration camp conditions by the inaction of central government
Eventually troops pour in, martial law is fully imposed, every loose citizen is described and treated as an insurgent, the city is encircled and encaged
Relief supplies are held down in Baton Rouge and refused entry into the effected areas
This is war against citizens of the US promoted by the government, its henchmen, and corporate backers
It's the start of the annihilation process against the Americans to run in concert with all the other programs to be unleashed around the world
The SF earthquake of the FEMA report on the three most likely disasters made to Bush in 2001 is yet to be created

911 may have been the first signal of really serious intent, and several other lesser events have propelled it along

This controlled event, along perhaps with the tsunami, signals the descent into the unparalleled horrors to come with unseeming alacrity

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I just discovered that this threads story (same article) is now an ATSNN as well.

NEWS: Troops begin "combat operations" in New Orleans. (by YaYo)

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
dh, let's try to keep this real, shall we?
What you're talking about is paranoid fantisy.
There is no magic weather control machine.
There is no earthquake maker.
There is no intentional plot on behalf of the US government against it's own people.

What there is, is a whole lot of stupidity.
You have a government run by a corrupt old boys club of the elitist privaliged.
You have a climit of fear generated by a mass media out of control.
You have citizens that don't want to face reality or take a real look around them.
Then you have an unfortunate combonation of a natural disaster and an ecconomy that has been push way beyond the brink.

Things are bad enough without people feeding comic-book level mis-information into the reality of the situation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join