It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Combat Operations - Insurgency - Civil War?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Army Times is refering to American citizens as "the insurgency". They are going to "take the city back whatever it takes" and are "ready to do whatever they need to do". Is the US now in an undeclared state of civil war?

Army Times: Troops begin combat operations in New Orleans

September 02, 2005

NEW ORLEANS — Combat operations are underway on the streets “to take this city back” in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

“This place is going to look like Little Somalia,” Brig. Gen. Gary Jones, commander of the Louisiana National Guard’s Joint Task Force told Army Times Friday as hundreds of armed troops under his charge prepared to launch a massive citywide security mission from a staging area outside the Louisiana Superdome. “We’re going to go out and take this city back. This will be a combat operation to get this city under control.”

“We’re here to do whatever they need us to do,” Sgt. 1st Class Ron Dixon, of the Oklahoma National Guard’s 1345th Transportation Company. “We packed to stay as long as it takes.”

While some fight the insurgency in the city, other carry on with rescue and evacuation operations. Helicopters are still pulling hundreds of stranded people from rooftops of flooded homes.

I thought it was bad, very bad. But this seems even worse. It sounds like a civil war! Scandinavian media has also reported about a group of 200 tourists who were trying to leave NO, but warning shots were fired over their heads and they were told to turn back to NO. What the hell is going on?

[edit on 2005/9/3 by Hellmutt]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
For every one piece of # - there are 100's of good God fearing people there. Its not right to look at America as this but alas you have to as the 'politically correct' criwd will not let the authorities do what needs to be done to these animals....

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I guess we have been so used to the word "Insurgency" that is the only way we will be able to picture the struggles going on in the south.

I know it sounds bad but people make mistakes with wording.

[edit on 3-9-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
First of all the union states, all 50 of them do not belong to the government, they belong to the people of the united states. If the gov(military) wants to play Rambo bad ass with the citizens, you think the Iraqi insurgents are bad? They will get their guts stompped out. To tell you the truth, I wouldnt doubt if soldiers like the rage'n cajun would say "Screw your DOD, you dont pay me enough to turn on my people" and turn on a martial law plan.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I am starting to agree with DGTemple about this Civil War thing...

This going to start something huge.. I hope must of us Americans get off our fat lazy asses and do what is right.. and what we have seen in the last 8 days is everything that is wrong...

Even if this dont play out in the worst case possible, it better open the people's eyes to see how screwed up our governement can be.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
I hope must of us Americans get off our fat lazy asses and do what is right.. .

What is the right thing to do?

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
I hope must of us Americans get off our fat lazy asses and do what is right.. .

What is the right thing to do?

The right things isnt sitting around and watching things bad go by on TV and hope to god things get better.

Like Skeptic Overlord says.. Get off your asses and do something..

If these people start shooting people for lil to no reason aka Waco TX then something better happen. If not I feel sorry for us all.

There has been some talk going around that this is going to completely rape us of our freedoms cause "we" cant take care of ourselves.

I am very interested in seeing how things play out.. I have known a long while something was going to happen. something big.. I just dont know what it is... but this is surely starting to smell like it.

[edit on 9/3/2005 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hey since the National guard got into NO yesterday the news today said that the "Insurgency" was minimal.

I guess sometimes going on with show of force but without using force is good enough to calm everybody down.

The people were calm and felt secure, and the children were seen in the news talking to the soldiers and smiling.

So if the people can feel secure and the "Insurgency" at a minimal it works.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
A civil war pits people vs. people

A Revolution pits citizens vs. Government

Just as John Titor predicted

peace

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I guess the same show of force was good in Waco TX also, you know all them Insurgence and all.. they had all them weapons and such.. Good thing they wiped those people out ehh??

Look Number 1, Military isnt suppost to be used to kill Americans, I dont give a # what is wrong.. that should never ever ever be the case.

Number 2, The 75% of the police that left needs to have something happen, that is just wrong, when the city needed them the most they all just bail. completely wrong.

and Number 3, If things get as bad as I am saying, do you actually think the American people are going to let it fly by?? cause if they do I feel really sorry for this country.. cause its not what this place is based on.

@LDragonFire
Thanx for clarification.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Just as John Titor predicted

peace

No JT said it would start at the begining of 2005 and just in case you have not noticed we are in the Ninth month so once again he was wrong.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Well, hey, with people:

shooting at helicopters trying to save people
shooting at people in uniform in general
shooting one another
raping girls

Maybe we should send the Girl Scouts in with some cookies to impose some civil order?

God forbid we send soldiers with guns to deter or kill criminals and protect the innocent.

God Bless the troops going in there. They're the answer to the prayers of people trapped in the city.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
First of all I have not seen any of the troops in NO been acused of killing anybody "Yet"

Just because somebody made the mistake on his use of words is not reason to get into a panic.

I see not problem with the troops bringing some sence of security and comfort.

Turning them into a group of hungry blood thirst killers is not going to happen but only in the imagination of some.

Plus I don't see a sect leader telling to his followers to poison themselves either.

When we hear of a killing in NO by a soldier then we will talk about conspiracies.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Originally posted by Jeremiah_John
Well, hey, with people:

shooting at helicopters trying to save people

According to local news there this is wrong, the people were shooting up to get attention of the helicopter to let them know they are there. Also proven was that nobody shot at a Helicopter. They had a news conferance with someone from the national gaurd to point out bs rumors going on in the media. They guy said its just that a rumor, no heli was shot at.

shooting at people in uniform in general
From what I know it was only 1 time this happened. and they cop got out safely.

shooting one another
raping girls
As the mayor himself stated, this is probably a few crackfiends trying to get a fix or something of that nature. Just because a few idiots screw everything up, it dont make it right to label everyone down there in that situation.

Maybe we should send the Girl Scouts in with some cookies to impose some civil order?
This is just stupid. I am not even going to comment.

God forbid we send soldiers with guns to deter or kill criminals and protect the innocent.
As i stated, just like they did in Waco, TX??

God Bless the troops going in there. They're the answer to the prayers of people trapped in the city.

And this is what makes it more and more easier for us to have Martial law instilled in this country. People like you would rather have security than take care of things the right way.

There is a saying by Ben Frankin I believe it is.
"Those who give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

That fits what i stated to a Tee.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Then I guess that the National Guard helicopter crewmember shot himself then? There was at least one NG soldier and one police officer that were shot that I know of, neither badly wounded. But if they never shot at the helicopter then I guess the NG guy pulled a gun out and shot himself because he was so upset.

Oh, and it was ATF that was responsible for Wacko.

[edit on 3-9-2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Latest from Scotsman:

Scotsman: Bush panics and sends in the marines

4 Sep 2005

A PANICKED George Bush yesterday ordered elite troops on to the streets of New Orleans in an unprecedented attempt to stop violence in the disaster-struck city spiralling out of control.

Military experts said last night that regular soldiers - let alone elite assault troops - had never before been used to quell disorder in the United States.

The decision to send in regular forces came after the president met with defence secretary Donald Rumsfeld and homeland security secretary Michael Chertoff.

Military expert Charles Heyman, editor of Jane's World Armies, said: "Regular and elite forces are basically barred from operating inside a state without the authority of that state.

"They have never had the ability to use their weapons in any state without the express consent of the state. It goes right back to the constitution."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

And latest from Reuters:

Reuters: Rapes, killings hit Katrina refugees in New Orleans

People left homeless by Hurricane Katrina told horrific stories of rape, murder and trigger-happy guards in two New Orleans centers that were set up as shelters but became places of violence and terror.

Several residents of the impromptu shantytown recounted two horrific incidents where those charged with keeping people safe had killed them instead.

"They killed a man here last night," Steve Banka, 28, told Reuters. "A young lady was being raped and stabbed. And the sounds of her screaming got to this man and so he ran out into the street to get help from troops, to try to flag down a passing truck of them, and he jumped up on the truck's windshield and they shot him dead."

Wade Batiste, 48, recounted another tale of horror. "Last night at 8 p.m. they shot a kid of just 16. He was just crossing the street. They ran him over, the New Orleans police did, and then they got out of the car and shot him in the head,"

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is crazy!

[edit on 2005/9/3 by Hellmutt]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
First of all I have not seen any of the troops in NO been acused of killing anybody "Yet"

There has been at least one unconfirmed report that some troops may have been envolved in a shooting, however I will not believe it until I see it in print. It was a reporter that said it so I will just take it with a grain of salt for now.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Latest from Scotsman:

Leave it to the Brits and Reuters to blow things out of proportion as usual, that is the kind of media that is not needed during times like those. I take both those articles as tabloid news looking to sell papers by the headlines they use and that we do not need. extra DIV

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

I take both those articles as tabloid news

Scotsman and Reuters "tabloid news"??
You gotta be kidding...

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   

In one, a young man was run down and then shot by a New Orleans police officer, in another a man seeking help was gunned down by a National Guard soldier, witnesses said.

Ya I guess this is nothing like Wako TX.

I can amagine what would have happened if this man was asking foir help. Good thing this was a criminal ehhh??? guys....

Note of sarasm considering my past 2 posts.

But I wont call this proof till I see more.. I havent heard it on thier local news.

Either they are keeping quiet or it never happened. soon we will see.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join