It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Combat Operations - Insurgency - Civil War?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:
dh

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
dh, let's try to keep this real, shall we?
What you're talking about is paranoid fantisy.
There is no magic weather control machine.
There is no earthquake maker.
There is no intentional plot on behalf of the US government against it's own people.

What there is, is a whole lot of stupidity.
You have a government run by a corrupt old boys club of the elitist privaliged.
You have a climit of fear generated by a mass media out of control.
You have citizens that don't want to face reality or take a real look around them.
Then you have an unfortunate combonation of a natural disaster and an ecconomy that has been push way beyond the brink.

Things are bad enough without people feeding comic-book level mis-information into the reality of the situation.

Yes and get real
Most people respond to the situation because they have been brought up on, and fed a comic-book situation
that's precisely why they produce comic book villains and disaster scenario movies in real life
So that the gullible will swallow the official story wholesale, because it relates to the fiction that precedes it
This nightmare scenario is being created out of foregoing artistic endeavours
You are being hoodwinked for nefarious ends

[edit on 4-9-2005 by dh]

[edit on 4-9-2005 by dh]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Provide some actual evidance, rather than rampent speculation (or claims made by people wearing tinfoil hats), and maybe you can get some credibility.

Otherwise, it's your kind of mis-information that is dangerous. People actually believe this kind of fantisy based malarky and forget that there's a really real world filled with thing like NATURAL dissasters.

Now, I'm not saying that anything put out by mass media should be swallowed blindly either.

Use your brain.
Think about what you hear.
Conister what you see.
Remember that any theory needs to be backed by facts.
Recall that the simpilist solution is almost always the correct one... and the nature of our species means that it usually comes down to stupidity, greed, intolerance, or just "oops".

dh

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I don't see a single shread of evidance in any of those links.
I see some questionable psudo-facts, half-truths, and laughable theories.
They might aswell all be from the Whitehouse or FOX news.

dh

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser

They might aswell all be from the Whitehouse or FOX news.

Which would give them what more validity?

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Who said that a women would start WW3 or something? Maybe Katrina was the fire starter. I don't understand why they can't just let these people walk to safety? They are holding everyone like slaves there and just waiting for them to die.

I have heard many politicians say that if a terrorist nuclear attack happens they will throw away the constitution in favor of a military controlled government. Who gave them the right, it is we the people of the USA who decide such matters, screw the politicians.

Can anyone track Cheney down, i want to know where he is, it will help very much. Do we know if there are any scheduled war games or drills for next week?

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by magnito_student
First of all the union states, all 50 of them do not belong to the government, they belong to the people of the united states. If the gov(military) wants to play Rambo bad ass with the citizens, you think the Iraqi insurgents are bad? They will get their guts stompped out. To tell you the truth, I wouldnt doubt if soldiers like the rage'n cajun would say "Screw your DOD, you dont pay me enough to turn on my people" and turn on a martial law plan.

While you are probably right that a cajun wouldn't turn on his own so easily, you have to remember that many of the soldiers down there are not cajun or southren... many come from areas of great racial tension then, the government puts a gun in their hand & points at a "looting nig***", another thing to take into consideration is the kind of games these boys have been brought up on, things like Grand Theft Auto & other violent kill(or be) the bad guy games.
I not only expect to see civil war develope from this, I also expect to see a race war before it is all said & done... the government moving all these evacuees into areas that are totally foreign & hostile to them is going to have dire consequences.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
who shot the gunmen that ambushed a couple of contractors for the Army corps of enginners? was it military or police? just wonderin. are they insurgents trying to prevent us from repairing the levees so they can keep the chaos in NO so they can loot and rape more? or to get their attention to rescue their own families? i dont know if its a good idea to shoot at police or the national guard to ask for help.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It is most troubling that some of you actually are accepting this idea that people are shooting at would be rescuers in a effort to get there attention.

I am going out on a limb here and guess you have never been shot at..

As a crew chief on a CH-53E back in my day..It is far easier to see a towel, shirt, bed sheet (insert any thing that is able to be twirled over your head) then to see a muzzle blast. For those of you that MIGHT think the crew can hear the shot being fired you are mistaken.

Just my two cents.

Coho

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join