It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katrina Sign Of Respect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Just wondering if was anything to do with the recent Katrina disaster?

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 03:30 AM
link   
It is. Staff are adopting them as a sign of respect.

Feel free to do the same.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Thanks Nerdling.

Oh and congrats on the Mod upgrade

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Um... I made a banner if anyone wants to use it

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I'll make an avatar when I get homefrom vacation on monday.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
DarkFlame i have copyed your banner if that is okay with you.
but i have the thread but how do i get it up in the way you have it posted within your sig.

cheers if you can reply,

oni x x

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
put the tags [IMG]URLHERE [IMG] around it but on the second [IMG] you put a backslash (/) first

[edit on 3-9-2005 by DarkFlame]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Too lazy to do much, but showing respect is good no matter how its done, right? Better something than nothing.

I just stuck the logo on Jack's jacket... around where his pocket would be. Here's to all of those who are lost.. and may never be found.. and everyone else affected by this tragedy.. big and small.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
DarkFlame thanks for making that banner I am using it!

I hope people on ATS will donate money, food, water.... anything to help. I am sad to see there is a lot of petty bickering going on in the Katrina threads. Lets try and focus on the problem at hand instead of petty squables.

Donate today!

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
thanks DarkFlame.

i am glad people on ats are showing their support!!

oni x x

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Im all for showing support but why a fleur d'lis?

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Baptismal Lilies

Originally posted by Vegemite
Im all for showing support but why a fleur d'lis?

It's one of those New Orleans things. I think it's a token of the Duke of Orleans, in whose honor the town was named in the early 1700's when the area was a territory claimed by France, if I'm not mistaken.

Here's the GIF of a silver fleur-de-lis that I've been using for my avatars.

There are a few different colors being used, but different colors seem fitting in light of what we honor, which was a city known for its vibrant colors and jubilance.

My heart is with everyone on the Gulf Coast who got hit. Mississippi took it bad as well.

But New Orleans. Well, New Orleans has been wiped out, and that's hard not to want to say something about.

Fleur-de-lis

"The fleur-de-lis is a popular symbol of New Orleans, used in much New Orleans art and architecture. A black fleur-de-lis is also the logo of the New Orleans Saints football team."

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Good eye phixion...

What does it have to do with New Orleans? Besides being decidedly French, it's also the symbol of the New Orleans Saints...so it seemed an appropriate symbol... Similar to the wave we sported after the Tsunami...

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Here is another banner for whomever may want it...

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I always thought you guys adopted it as its the Boy Scout insignia, "Be Prepared" and all that jazz. A swipe at FEMA if you will.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I suppose it could be read that way, hehe....

It was either the Saints symbol or a crawfish...and since most would think we all simply were obsessed with Red Lobster....well the choice was an easy one..

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Thanks DontTreadOnMe, for the heads up.

The Fleur-de-Lys is a great idea.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the people of New Orleans.

Edit to add: Last summer there was a celebration/festival of Acadians (Cajuns) here in Nova Scotia and neighbouring, New Brunswick, that was attended by many folks from Louisiana. Many Lousianians can trace their ancestry to the expulsion of the Acadians from Nova Scotia in the mid-1700's.

[edit on 2005/9/9 by Zadeh Redux]

new topics

top topics

join