It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Katrina Victims: More Human Sacrifice for Iraq War

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Muaddib,

It is reported that black hurricane victims in New Orleans have begun eating corpses to survive. Four days after the storm, thousands of blacks in New Orleans are dying like dogs. No-one has come to help them.

I am a sixty-four year old African-American.

New Orleans marks the end of the America I strove for.

I am hopeless. I am sad. I am angry against my country for doing nothing when it mattered.

-Houston Chronicle

What do you think? all lies?

Oh pleeease....

So what exactly did you want those military helicopters that were sent with provisions and water and to take people out of those areas but were shot at should have done?....

I am pretty sure if these military helicopters would have opened fire you would be yelling, protesting and blaming the government about that too.... So what exactly would you have them do?....

[edit on 2-9-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Muaddib,

It is reported that black hurricane victims in New Orleans have begun eating corpses to survive. Four days after the storm, thousands of blacks in New Orleans are dying like dogs. No-one has come to help them.

If any of that is happening is because those people want to eat dead bodies, i have gone without eating anything for more than a week and I had to do manual labor at the same time.

The human body can survive for a long time without eating, except for old people and children, but what exactly should the government have done about those people shooting at the helicopters trying to give aid to these people?. The helicopters should have started shooting blindly into New Orleans?....

Anyways, I kind of doubt that "after 4 days" people have started eating the dead....

[edit on 2-9-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
What laugh. It has been known long before 2001 that New Orleans was prone to hurricane danger. Why didn't Clinton do anything about it? Why didn't any prior president for that matter do anything about it?

You do not have to be a rocket scientist to know that a city below sea level is prone to any horrific hurricane.

Ummmmm, who cut the fundings by 44% and also declare war on Iraq???

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Muaddib,

It is reported that black hurricane victims in New Orleans have begun eating corpses to survive.
What do you think? all lies?

FOUR DAYS

they were starving so bad after four days they had to eat dead people?

I routinely have to go without eating for 10 days (medical treatments) and I have never had to eat my freaking neighbor after the fourth.

Aren't things bad enough without spreading crap like this?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   

as posted by 2ndSEED

Really does not matter who cut the funding 44% being it has been detailed in this thread that full funding would not have changed the inevitable outcome of the levee failure(s). They were only rated for Cat-3 hurricanes, not Cat-4 or 5 hurricanes. The funding argument is debunked, having no merit.

seekerof

[edit on 2-9-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2ndSEED

And who has been shooting at all those helicopters, boats and other transports that have been trying to help people in the affected areas?....

Hummmm......

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

And who has been shooting at all those helicopters, boats and other transports that have been trying to help people in the affected areas?....

Hummmm......

Black people? You're blaming black people now?

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme

Black people? You're blaming black people now?

Can you please point to me where i said that?......

Someone was blaming the president for not sending aid, but this/these same people don't seem to know that helicopters and other transports have been shot at as they were trying to bring provisions and get people out..... I am sure i did not blame black people for anything.... however i do blame the hudlums and other gangsters that have been shooting at the military, police and even at other citizens.

On the second day after the hurricane there were already reports of people being shot, rapes, looting etc, etc.

Nice try Curme....

[edit on 3-9-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Regardless of whether or not the reduced funding would have prevented the levees from breaking, they would have reduced, possibly greatly, the amount of damage- and most signifcantly, disease- caused by remaining floodwater.

And the consequences of Katrina illustrate clearly the risks taken by this administrations focus on Iraq at the expense of other, very important aspects of domestic security and welfare (using the words in their broad sense).

Perhaps, if any good comes out of this terrible event, it will be that future US governments will realize the importance of preparing for all contingencies as best as possible, instead of focusing on one to the detriment of others.

And yes, there is blame to go around here, but the buck stops somewhere.

-koji K.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   

The former head of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, the agency that handles the infrastructure of the nation's waterways, said the damage in New Orleans probably would have been much less extensive had flood-control efforts been fully funded over the years.

"Levees would have been higher, levees would have been bigger, there would have been other pumps put in," said Mike Parker, a former Mississippi congressman who headed the engineering agency from 2001 to 2002.

Source: Reuters

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Many presidents in the past decided not to give enough funding for those projects. Noone knew something like this would happen. It is very easy now to blame and say "what could have been done" but that I remember the most devastating thing to happen in the US before this was when we were attacked by Islamic extremists in 9/11, and that was what the US government concentrated on, it was only natural to concentrate the US efforts to attack those that attacked us and trying to stop any other future attacks.

I have never seen "arm chair generals" taking care of anything...they just talk, blame, and whine.....and keep claiming "they would have made things better were they in power"....

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
I
This hurricane was not a surprise to anyone. Taking care of ordinary Americans just wasn't covered in the budget.

Soficrow - taking care of ordinary Americans is exactly what Iraq and Afganistan are all about. Futhermore, budget priorities do have to be set. The coffers of the feds are not bottomless, but Congress could have included funds if they really felt they were warranted--So, by the way could the state and the city, but they too had to prioritize their spending and they didn't feel the danger was great enough (apparently) to include money for the projects or lobby strongly with the state or feds for additional funds. Hindsight is great isn't it?

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Mauddib,

"I have never seen "arm chair generals" taking care of anything...they just talk, blame, and whine.....and keep claiming "they would have made things better were they in power"..."

You just love the current establishment. Are ya getting anything from them?

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Jeez people.
This thread is based on an inaccuarate presentation of truth.

Go donate some money..Then come back and argue..!

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
These poor people are being denied food ( oh, i think they're finally getting something to eat now?)

The children going for four days without food and the elderly? Think that is a situation you could handle? If some of you teens can go for days without food, thats all well and good. Some people cannot. Black or white.
Some cannot survive without their medicine.
The ball was dropped big time, lets face it.
SUPPLIES COULD HAVE BEEN DROPPED ONTO DRY AREAS OR ROOFTOPS LIKE THEY DO WHEN WE INVADE OTHER COUNTRIES AND FEED THE SURVIVORS.

Cannibalism? Well please dont shoot the messenger. I didnt make the story up. I find it hard to beleive myself, but hey..one never knows.

THE ULTIMATE CONSPIRACY: Man tinkering with the weather? huh!
Man tinkering with the levees? huh!
Terrorism at its worst.?
Nothing, absolutely nothing can be overlooked this day and age.

We are in a war with the world, an unnecessary war. We flex our muscles all over the world.
Here?
well, that doesnt matter, i guess. We must have photo ops, congress has to convene, yada yada...its total chaos and its not really that important.
I wouldnt be surprised if all those mythical characters in the middle east are celebrating our own stupidity.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Muaddib

It is something you or anybody here can denied pro bush or not is the fact that people are dying, babies, elderly after the hurricane for lack of help, that is the fact and something none of you even me can erase from history.

The events of the last days in the south will forever be another dark chapter in our history alone with the good ones.

I challenge any one that can justify the death of babies, elderly and others due to lack of help.

I dare anyone blaming the people for been poor and I will see it as a cowardly way to justify the unpreparedness of our country for a disaster.

[edit on 3-9-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
shots
Is this the question you're talking about?

The O'Reilly factor just had a very interesting clip that showed the Mayor of NO took people out of the W hotel and put them to the front of the line rather then his own residents to be evacuated first before his own residents. Why Is that?

No that was not the question. The question I asked in a similar thread (it may even be in the first part of this thread) was "what would you have done that the president did not?"

As you can see it is a very simple question yet as you can see by her reply above she does not think it deserves an answer. That leaves me to believe that I was absolutely correct she could have done nothing more then he did

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
shots
Is this the question you're talking about?

The O'Reilly factor just had a very interesting clip that showed the Mayor of NO took people out of the W hotel and put them to the front of the line rather then his own residents to be evacuated first before his own residents. Why Is that?

If so, she's probably not responding to it for the same reason nobody else is, it's unclear what you're asking, and what facts you're referencing.

What's the 'W Hotel'? What front of what line? Can you rephrase the question in other words? His own residents weren't staying at the W hotel also? How do you know all of this, O'Reiley told you? Consider the source...

If you get any kind of corroboration, I'd be interested in seeing it.

It would appear you have not watched any of the media coverage on the subject so here goes. The W hotel is named just that the W hotel if that is confusing perhaps you can write the owners and ask them to rename it.

As for the front of the line that is where peole line up for evacuation to the buses located near the super dome.

What the Mayor did was take people that were from out of state and out of the US out of the hotel and he placed them in the first part of the line to be evacuated first rather then residents of NO.

As for corroboration, I saw it reported on CNN, MSNBC and Fox newscasts, which was sufficient for me. CNN and MSNBC do not have transcripts but perhaps you may find one for O'Reilly if you look.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2ndSEED

Congress did and the president does not have a line item veto available in that case.

Rather then jumping all over the current administration why not explain why previous presidents did not do anything?

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Noone knew something like this would happen.

Excuse me???

You are - and there is no room for argument on this - 100% WRONG.

Written MAY 23, 2005

www.prospect.org...

Unless you want to go with the theory this writer received a message from God, I'm thinking he only knew less than the sources he got this information from.

[edit on 9-3-2005 by Valhall]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join