It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

seti's reply

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I saw where seti sent a messag (in binary) to a star system. and got a reply in form of a crop circle, so to speak(in binary), on the grounds of the seti telescope. Does anyone know if has been followed up on?

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I'm sure if this was true... we'd have heard something on the news or something... even at Rense. I haven't heard anythig like this.. Would be awesome if it was true.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I had found it on a crop circles page. It actually showed the "responce" and that the "responders" were sylicon based, Had three inhabited planets in their system, as well as a picture (of sorts) as to what they looked like. I'll try to find the link.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by only onus
I'll try to find the link.

I hope you can find it! This sounds really interesting, and I hope it's not a hoax.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
this what your looking for?

www.cropcircleresearch.com...

-DT

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
heres one www.cropcircleresearch.com...
This one shows the "responce" a little better www.busty-taylor.com...
one more www.timestar.org...
It just seems like the type of thing. that someone would be trying to get ahold of the "responders"

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

that someone would be trying to get ahold of the "responders"

And they do this by replying with a crop circle, rather than an actual message? Carl Sagan, one of the people who designed the original message, deals with this supposed 'reply' in, I think, "The Demon Haunted World". He completely rejects the idea that its any sort of reply.

He also noted that

The signal was sent to a collection of stars called M13, a globular cluster comprising about a million separate suns, because it was overhead at the time of the ceremony. Since Ml 3 is 24,000 light years away, the message will take 24,000 years to arrive there. If anyone is listening, it will be 48,000 years before we receive a reply

You have to wonder at how far the message gets in such a short amount of time. Besides, crop circles have been shown to be almost exclusively frauds and hoaxes.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I had read that a group had written (in masonis script) in a field something along the lines of please talk to us. The next day their was a responce (again in masonic script) something like "we do not acknowledge treatury" please forgive the spelling. I wonder if anyone knows about this "masonic script" and if we (ats) could put together a project to try a message of our own?

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Wow this is fasctinating. I wonder, have there been studies done on other crop circles in terms of binary code and perhaps other mathmatical formulations.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I had read that a group had written (in masonis script) in a field something along the lines of please talk to us.

I've never heard of a 'masonic script'.

and if we (ats) could put together a project to try a message of our own?

I very much doubt the authenticity of this story. Do you recall the source?

distortion
wonder, have there been studies done on other crop circles in terms of binary code and perhaps other mathmatical formulations

Since crop circles are almost entirely frauds, there's really no reason to do that. Also, there was no need to analyse the 'reply' with binary code or any algorithms. It was a simple picture.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   

You have to wonder at how far the message gets in such a short amount of time. Besides, crop circles have been shown to be almost exclusively frauds and hoaxes.

Hoaxes? hardly, the hoaxers are getting the credit for crop circles, they are hardly all proven to be hoaxes.

and if the aliens were already here, they probably just intercepted the transmission a while ago, maybe enroute to earth and decided to reply just for fun, would be interesting if the Grey were silicone based, no one ever speculated about that AFAIK.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Hoaxes? hardly, the hoaxers are getting the credit for crop circles, they are hardly all proven to be hoaxes.

The hoaxers have demonstrated that they can make any pattern anywhere at anytime on command. The orignal crop circles were admited to have been made by hoaxers, and the phenomenon of crop circles shows a distribution just like that of a fad, started in england, where its most populous, and spread to other anglo-connected countries, like america and india, and the like. I agree, this doesn't prove that they are all hoaxes, it merely very strongly suggests it, whereas there is nothing that actually suggests that they are made from anything but hoaxers.

if the Grey were silicone based, no one ever speculated about that AFAIK.

? The existence of silicon based life has long long been theorized, based upon the periodic table properties of silicon. The inclusion of silicon in the 'reply' is another indication that the authors of the reply were picking up on a fad.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Carl Sagan was dead by the time this circle was made. And at the time, it would be impossible for humans to decypher and respond. Who knows how the aliens would have responded. AS for crop circles being almost completely hoaxes, their sudden appearance may go unreported unless spotted by an airplane flying overhead or someone familiar with the concept of the formations. I am quite sure that crop formations are as old as the planet itself. The earliest known formation was in 1647 in England, from which a carving of the current day theory on how it was created can be seen.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
And at the time, it would be impossible for humans to decypher and respond.

Why?

AS for crop circles being almost completely hoaxes, their sudden appearance may go unreported unless spotted by an airplane flying overhead or someone familiar with the concept of the formations.

I am quite sure that crop formations are as old as the planet itself.

And yet they've only been reported in recent times and only in more recent times have there been so many??

The earliest known formation was in 1647 in England, from which a carving of the current day theory on how it was created can be seen.

But that was a singular patch of roundish flattened crops. Look at how many are out there these days and how complex they are. Also, who's to say that that wasn't hoaxed also, especially since it was such a simple pattern?

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
it would be impossible for humans to decypher and respond. Who knows how the aliens would have responded. AS for crop circles being almost completely hoaxes,

If the article is read then you would see that the "reply" was sent using the same type of responce,as we sent out. It does go into detail the about the "set-up", and how if you were to see it on a screen. the code would create this pattern.
Beside's it is in a government area, surronded by fences, and cameras. I dont think your average "hoaxer" would be willing to go to such a risk.
As well as doing it on the exact day that it would have taken for the message to have been sent, and a reply to have gotten back.
Their are many things that say this is not you'r average hoaxer.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Why not all crop circles are hoaxes.

Firstly, let's agree that crops are tall enough to be harvested around summer mid summerish?

If so, that will give the hoaxers a window of aproximently 5 hours to make a circle in complete darkness, I have seen hoaxers make circles in 5 hours that are not half as elleborate than other ones, that do not use the tractor lines at all (which is one clear sign of a hoax) and the crops are bend and still harvestable.

Only Onus made a good point, why would the average hoaxer risk trespassing on a government facillity? that could get you into worse trouble than angry farmers with shotguns...

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Can someone give me a link to download Seti?

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Given our complete ignorance of the Universe around us, I wonder if it is really smart to become the brightest radio signal in the galaxy sometimes. I don't buy into crop circles personally, but really how do we know their response won't be to come along and gulp us up like a great fish swallowing some shiny object flickering in it's RF sensitive eyes. Wouldn't it be ironic if all the time and thought and money that went into trying to make contact to succeed in only attracting some great Universial RF Algae Eater type critter?
LOL
Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Nygdan, may i suggest you do some research on the crop circle phenonemon.

And yet they've only been reported in recent times and only in more recent times have there been so many??

They have been reported in England as far back as records began, not sure where you get that idea from. I am not sure of other countries mind you.

And they are not nearly all proven to be hoaxes at all. they are many formations that have been caught on video forming when bright lights pass over fields, or those formations that are geometrically perfect even when several hundred feet in size. That is something no man with a plank and a bit of string can do.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
They have been reported in England as far back as records began, not sure where you get that idea from.

I have only ever hear dof one, possibly two,k reportings of pressed down crops in circles, one in england, one in massachucettes.. Where are these roman records of crop circles you are talking about?

And they are not nearly all proven to be hoaxes at all. they are many formations that have been caught on video forming when bright lights pass over fields,

The spheres one right? It was a complete hoax, very convincing, but a fraud, admited to and shown how it was done by the creator.

or those formations that are geometrically perfect even when several hundred feet in size. That is something no man with a plank and a bit of string can do.

This is surprisingly incorrect. There are even people now who will make gigantic formations that are jsut as incredible as anything else over night for a fee. Nothing in any cropcircle has been shown to be unreplicable by people, to say the least.

twitchy
I wonder if it is really smart to become the brightest radio signal in the galaxy sometimes.

It is a strange thought no? I mean, when the europeans left europe to colonize the world, they went to the places that they'd heard of (well, first anyway).

magical rose
Can someone give me a link to download Seti?

I don't think you understand, SETI is an organization that monitors radio waves at certain wavelengths and that are coming from the sky and tries to find some sort of intelligent signal. You can't 'get' SETI. You can get seti@home here, which is a program that SETI sends data to and then it analyses it. ATS has something of a SETI Club or somesuch. You might enjoy downloading the program and joining the group. THe program runs on 'spare cycles', so it doesn't interfere with anything you do. You can also u2u astrocreep, Quicksilver, Phoenix, or EnronOutrunHomerun for information about it, as they are the moderators for the group, or you can u2u me!

ground zero
why would the average hoaxer risk trespassing on a government facillity?

They wouldn't. Which means that it was made by an above average hoaxer. And no one is shooting anyone for getting too close to a research antenna.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join