It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jeb going to Run in 08, Homer Simpson says maybe. (censorship/influence?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
the Issue in question is a Changed episode:

I realize pointing to hints of potential presidential candidates from a cartoon seems nutty, but nevertheless a very interesting change has been made to a "classic" 1996 Simpsons episode recently..

The episode was CHANGED (censorship or using influence?).

The episode in Question is the "George Bush Senior moves to Springfield" episode.

In the part that was deliberatly changed. Homer sets up two cardboard dummys outside Bush Sr's new house to trick him into opening the door.

In the original, where they make a jab at Jeb: Homer says "hello Mr bush, it is your sons George bush Jr, and THE OTHER ONE.

In the new altered version, they remove the Jab, and insert
"hello Mr Bush, it is your sons, George bush Jr, and JEB BUSH.

I don't see this is a sign that Matt Groenig is a member of the NWO or anything so outrageous...

but it is interesting that they "asked" for that very funny part to be changed to give him name recognition/respect, where a Jab had been before...

IMO that this is "precampaign cleanup" of the potential candidates history.
along with the obvious potential of Jeb carrying forth the legacy.

We know he is being considered, but perhaps this reveals the first hint of evidence of the republicans plan.

[edit on 31-8-2005 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Not that amazing, the Simpsons is a Fox series correct? Fox Entertainment Group's parent company is none other than News Corporation, so its not that hard to believe that private conversation with Mr Murdoch spawned a bombshell that dropped from the top right down to the drawing board of Matt Groenig where the appropriate changes were made.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Wow,
I really hadn't looked at it that way...
That being the case, I am surprised that they could have produced that episode in the first place... I guess Clinton didn't care, so neither did Murdock

But I do wonder about the timing. does it's recent change indicate potential candidacy or just using influence to prevent laughs at the presidents brothers expense (also understandable)?

I have watched this episode previously, as recently as last year, and the I don't remember those changes at that time...
Anyone else notice when the change occured? this year, or last?

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
In the words of Frank on Everybody Loves Raymond, "HOLY CRAP!"

I didn't plan on voting for either main parties anyway, but if the two booby-prize choices is Jeb and Hillary, then EVERYBODY better vote for another candidate!

www.constitutionparty.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
You know this is why i cant stand the simpsons anymore, matt groenig just has made it too political.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Dont go picking on my boy Matt..
I contend that Murdock made the changes without Matts permission...
or possibly at gunpoint...

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Wow that's pretty pitiful. Changing an episode from almost 10 years ago to make it more like today? I mean when you watch an old simpsons episode it should bring you back to that era. That was a great episode, but somebody's getting a little bit insecure and paranoid to change a classic episode.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Naaaaaaaaaah. Jeb isn't going to run. Neither is Dr. Rice.
Dick Cheney isn't going to run and neither is Laura Bush.

It'll be John McCain, Bill Frist, and Rudy Guiliani running for
the republicans.

The cartoon people have their own reasons for doing what
they did.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I'd be pissed if I worked on that show and noticed changes like that, but I guess that's what happens when your show's on FOX. Does anyone have the DVD and new version to compare?

Originally posted by Rikimaru
You know this is why i cant stand the simpsons anymore, matt groenig just has made it too political.

What about the other writers? I wouldn't point fingers.

I like the satire in the Simpson, who didn't get a good laugh at Homer throwing things into a fire screaming "burn all the evidence, burn the truth!!"

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
And Family Guy's not too shabby either.
I guess the rewriting of history via the Bush clan will likely reach nadir heights before all is said and done.......polio vaccine? Bush. Suez Canal? Bush. Blacks on the front of the Bus? Bush.

Kind of like the new Kodak commercial.....yeah, you're saving our history's images digitally....for a price and exclusivity.

I didn't plan on voting for either main parties anyway, ....

After two GW Bush votes, you're not going stick around and save the party?!?

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Wow.

I remember in the past the only changes I’ve noticed were just them cutting off parts of the episode to make room for more commercials, which always drove me crazy. Glad you pointed this out, especially since it has been so long since I’ve last seen that one that I wouldn’t have noticed.

…but if the two booby-prize choices is Jeb and Hillary, then EVERYBODY better vote for another candidate!

I agree. If those are our choices, then my first vote will be libertarian. Even if they aren’t, I probably will anyway.

top topics

join