It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if You're Wrong About the Iraq War? A Hypothetical Question

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Well, I am very supportive of the United States actions in Iraq. My opinion as of now is that we are there for a lot of reasons, some of which are noble (free Iraqis from a brutal dictator) some of which justifiable (Sadam broke the peace treaty he signed in GW1 and did not allow UN inspections) and some of which are purely to further US long term goals (oil, strategic location, long term show down with China).

If I am wrong, and the only reason we are there is to make some of Bushes pals some dough, I will be very dissapointed in Bush and DC. I have met Cheney before, though admittedly it was a brief encounter. He struck me as a good person. I would probably be the first person to call for a trial. I, like most others here, would have to admit I was wrong (for once
).

I think I would also be tempted to get involved in the GOP to try and help bring about some changes.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
First off im not Pro-War, Im Pro-USA Im Pro-Defeating the enemy of my country If it where my call a US/Coalition soldier wouldnt have ever stepped foot in iraq, Id have just pushed a button,

Dear C0le,

would you be so kind and tell me if stepping into Iraq or "pushing the button" has something with defending your country?

[edit on 2005-8-31 by zer69]

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I was against this war from the start, and the fact that we were lied to by our leaders to get us to join in really makes me sick.

However if a huge number of WMD turned up with a 'made in Iraq 2004' sticker on top then like everyone else i would have to acknowledge that i was totally wrong and then really sit and think about what i believe in the world.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I have to agree with what Skippy said before. I'm not really for or against the war in Iraq. But we're there, and we have to deal with it and stay until the mission is completed. It doesn't matter how badly they screwed it up, we are there, and we are responsible for completing the mission.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Whatever I said it would begin with

"Praise be to Allah and his prophets"!

Because we would be a Muslim state!

I would however try to start an underground cell.

Wouldn't you?

Luckily I have in print from day 1 of Iraq 2 me saying that WMD were one thing but sitting on top of Iran, Syria and Saudi Arabia were another. We have actually impacted those states and completely changed the way they do business with al qaeda. (The Saudis have cut off funds, the Iranians may have stopped AQ from a nuclear attack on us, Syria has jailed and killed them!) So with blind stupid luck I manage to wiggle out of that one!

The WMD issue is a left wing one. The left believes that groups like the CIA are all powerful, that they get their orders from Israel, Masons and the Pope and are an incredible and awesome force.

I however don't believe it. So did Bush lie? Or was he given the same faulty Intel as Kerry, Clinton BECAUSE THEY HAD NO ONE ON THE GROUND?
Like 911, it was just another Intel failure.

So while the majority think they set up an army to kill JFK, I can only say, if only they were that competent.

Don't ask me.

Ask Castro.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
In the last 6 months, it seems that U.S. Moral Pro-War has dropped DRAMATICALLY! No one is winning, Nothing to gain. The only good thing to come out of this war would be the martyrdom on the 'Insurgents' behalf. I mean, by redusing the over-population occuring in the world..(Sarcastic Comment)..

Many are questioning 9/11, hence, are questioning a long tie of lies and deciete. If ever proved true, this would be the largest tyrannical and revolutionary act since Hitler's Axis Reich. But this is not the point, the point is what if these ^^^^ people are wrong. Being a stong believer of corruption in our government, if the day ever comes where a peaceful and full settlement of Iraq occures on OUR behalf (with little to no futher involvement from us at all) Than that is the day I salute Bush. Amen!

Oh Yeah, and one question Zeph..What mission?? Surely you won't spit the terrorism BS at me..Eh??

[edit on 31-8-2005 by PsychevolvedApe]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I would...

1. Check the moon isn't made of cheese
2. Build a shrine in my back garden to George Bush and Tony Blair
3. Decide to stick with my original opinions no matter how arrogant or wrong they may seem to be.
4. Send a postcard to the Iraqi people with the words "we were right"
5. Take up desighn engineering for the military and earn a fat salary.
6. Stop using the american flag as a car window wiper.
7. Stop using the union jack as a door mat
8. Donate money to the arms industry and not the Iraqi people
9. Pinch myself to stop dreaming

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
First off I'd like to think BH for making sort of a re-creation/extended version my thread (So to speak), and you've done so with much greater success than I had, I might add. As for my response:

I do support this war, and I think that Bush went at it with good intentions, and we're making good progress. (I'm not trying to start a debate, just stating my position to make it more clear)

Now let's say I'm totally wrong about everything. First off, I'd feel pretty stupid, and be kinda embarassed that I really was "Asleep", in the way that so many refer to support of this administration as. I'd probably question my capabilities of using deductive logic (I consider myself to be pretty good with deductive logic and semantics). Next, I would probably feel pretty mad at the administration for lying to me, and even worse that I fell for it. I would want to see what Hannity and Rush would have to say, and see if they were lied to as well, or if they were just working with Bush. I'd probably feel pretty sympathetic to the anti-Bush people that I criticized as well.

That's about it for now. I've got class. Good luck on your thread BH!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join